Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Robotics USA lay off US sales and marketing staff

I updated that post. they did lay off staff after CES. Still awaiting an email from them. Fells a little like Colin and DJI again.

If that starts extending to service, support, and engineering personnel, this would be very bad. The decision point for me (Autel vs. DJI) was mostly the customer service quality. I was willing to make the tradeoff of an app and aircraft design that's a little rough around the edges in exchange for superior customer service. We'll see how this plays out.

Reactions: Island Dog
Apparently if Autel Robotics had to separate from some sales and marketing collaborators, it is to strengthen itself by hiring technicians in the fields of computer vision, flight control and artificial intelligence. This therefore concerns their core business, more than the sale, and this in order to be able to offer us a magnificent product. I hope so.

Here is a reply from Autel Robotics USA CEO Steve McIrvin:

Hi everyone, I normally don't comment in these groups, but I do often use them as a great way to listen to feedback about our products so that we can always keep improving. This thread obviously caught my attention because it was such a painful and difficult decision to make these cuts in sales and marketing so that we can focus on product development and customer service. Every one of the people we laid off I would hire again and I can recommend them highly (if you're looking for a great employee in this area). However, they are not PhD drone scientists, which is what we're spending money on right now, all with the aim of making the best, most innovative prosumer drone the world has ever seen. In contrast to one of the posts in this thread, we're not a sales & marketing company. Instead, we're a technology and customer service company, which is why we're net adding total jobs in the USA in 2017, even with these layoffs. We've added CS jobs and technician jobs. We are going to add quite a few computer vision, flight control and artificial intelligence R&D jobs. If you know anyone qualified for these roles, please have them reach out to me on LinkedIn, and if you need to hire a drone marketer or sales person, I'll send you a great candidate whose departure I deeply regret.

remember no successful business runs without sales and marketing looks like trouble in autel camp which they aren't going to share

Wow Paul are you always so negative? Whats up with that?
no I'm not negative I pushed to have this forum your on . just think its little weird all of sudden autel getting rid of staff unless they just want to stick to internet sales

remember no successful business runs without sales and marketing looks like trouble in autel camp which they aren't going to share

Ouch!!! Sounds like maybe that "thing" you had with Autel on the newer, better quad fell through?

"have something going on with autel don't worry I will have a new better one all I can say at the moment"

Hi Mike,

I'm retired and just bought an X Starr Premium in hopes of starting a commercial venture in Texas. I was a mainly impressed on the future versatility of your platform. a just curious, what is your Mission Statement?

Best regards,

John Steger

QUOTE="Agustine, post: 2467, member: 312"]Here is a reply from Autel Robotics USA CEO Steve McIrvin:

Hi everyone, I normally don't comment in these groups, but I do often use them as a great way to listen to feedback about our products so that we can always keep improving. This thread obviously caught my attention because it was such a painful and difficult decision to make these cuts in sales and marketing so that we can focus on product development and customer service. Every one of the people we laid off I would hire again and I can recommend them highly (if you're looking for a great employee in this area). However, they are not PhD drone scientists, which is what we're spending money on right now, all with the aim of making the best, most innovative prosumer drone the world has ever seen. In contrast to one of the posts in this thread, we're not a sales & marketing company. Instead, we're a technology and customer service company, which is why we're net adding total jobs in the USA in 2017, even with these layoffs. We've added CS jobs and technician jobs. We are going to add quite a few computer vision, flight control and artificial intelligence R&D jobs. If you know anyone qualified for these roles, please have them reach out to me on LinkedIn, and if you need to hire a drone marketer or sales person, I'll send you a great candidate whose departure I deeply regret.[/QUOTE]

I am happy to know that Autel is facing financial matters just like the rest of the rational world, by being flexible. Many other successful, huger companies have done the same to thrive like Apple, Microsoft, Google, GE, GM, Ford, etc., to name a handful.

Reactions: Wrsdas and DGA
When times get tough, sales and marketing teams tend to take the brunt of the first to go. Autel has done an AMAZING job, maybe too good of a job getting their product in the field.
Amazon ...HUGE
Best Buy...HUGE
Every hobby/RC shop I have been in
B&H and every other online retailer worth a darn online.

They have made the initial push into the market and have a very happy following. Now it's time to get the back end of the business in order, finances/engineering/Product Development, sourcing and future manufacturing.

We all know from CES that the second round will be good for Autel and if it meets expectations, every retailer will dive in head first as they already have.

From the recent price increase, you have ask yourself, did they keep prices and margins low up front to kick start the market? Very well could have. So, don't expect this new unit to be at the same price as the X Star Premium intro price.

I applaude them for their service. This seems to be a very critical piece to this industry, as others fail, Autel has stepped up and won over customers who were loyal to other brands. Very key strategy to accomplish so early in their existence. Others will have to staff up to meet the demands on service if they want to keep up with Autel.

So, I don't think you will see them go away anytime soon.

Now, we should all be patient on any updates, ONE wrong move could cost them everything. I'm sure they have not released this because they need to make sure it is rock solid. I personally don't want a rushed update that is just not right and we have quads falling from the sky...hint GoPro!

I don't work for Autel, this is solely my own busisness opinion on what might be happening over there. I have seen this with many companies. Their investors are looking for volume and profits, if it's not there, someone has to go. It does not mean they our done...yet!

I would expect seasonal layoffs after Christmas for any company making this type of product and new companies often start with huge sales staff to get up and running. I hope they are smart enough to make it in this competitive arena.

When times get tough, sales and marketing teams tend to take the brunt of the first to go. Autel has done an AMAZING job, maybe too good of a job getting their product in the field.
Amazon ...HUGE
Best Buy...HUGE
Every hobby/RC shop I have been in
B&H and every other online retailer worth a darn online.

They have made the initial push into the market and have a very happy following. Now it's time to get the back end of the business in order, finances/engineering/Product Development, sourcing and future manufacturing.

We all know from CES that the second round will be good for Autel and if it meets expectations, every retailer will dive in head first as they already have.

From the recent price increase, you have ask yourself, did they keep prices and margins low up front to kick start the market? Very well could have. So, don't expect this new unit to be at the same price as the X Star Premium intro price.

I applaude them for their service. This seems to be a very critical piece to this industry, as others fail, Autel has stepped up and won over customers who were loyal to other brands. Very key strategy to accomplish so early in their existence. Others will have to staff up to meet the demands on service if they want to keep up with Autel.

So, I don't think you will see them go away anytime soon.

Now, we should all be patient on any updates, ONE wrong move could cost them everything. I'm sure they have not released this because they need to make sure it is rock solid. I personally don't want a rushed update that is just not right and we have quads falling from the sky...hint GoPro!

I don't work for Autel, this is solely my own busisness opinion on what might be happening over there. I have seen this with many companies. Their investors are looking for volume and profits, if it's not there, someone has to go. It does not mean they our done...yet!

Service has been fantastic!!! I think they are taking cautious growing pains.....give it a quarter or two...R&D is everything in this market...

Any news/rumors since the last post, on the status of the company, new camera, etc etc??? I'm almost ready to buy, but I'm concerned that not much has changed since the batteries, props, sun hoods, and filters are still showing as out of stock on Autel's website? I'm sure that most of that can be purchased elsewhere, but I wouldn't expect anything to ever be out of stock on the company's own website?

Any news/rumors since the last post, on the status of the company, new camera, etc etc??? I'm almost ready to buy, but I'm concerned that not much has changed since the batteries, props, sun hoods, and filters are still showing as out of stock on Autel's website? I'm sure that most of that can be purchased elsewhere, but I wouldn't expect anything to ever be out of stock on the company's own website?

Have you tried to get answers from Autel CS? They're available 24/7 and would know more than anyone in this user group.

Reactions: Delta Blue
Have you tried to get answers from Autel CS? They're available 24/7 and would know more than anyone in this user group.
Haven't tried them yet....thought I might see what the rumor mill might know. Customer Service is only open 8am to 6pm PST btw.

I bought my X-Star through Best Buy last year, and when I visit that store I usually see the one on display. The fact that Autel is low in its stock could just mean that supply has a difficult time keeping up with demand.

I bought my X-Star through Best Buy last year, and when I visit that store I usually see the one on display. The fact that Autel is low in its stock could just mean that supply has a difficult time keeping up with demand.
Keeping up with demand is the problem, neighbors

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d