Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL ROBOTICS!: Ready to meet Max?

Yes, a true 360° gimbal cam drone having commercial image quality for real time unobstructed views with zoom and propless full panos would be great. But I don't know if this will be included or possible here.
Yuneec is an option.

Here is an exert from a DroneDJ interview with Maxwell Lee (general manager of Autel Robotics) nearly a year ago:

(quote) So, as we enter 2022, Lee has high hopes for Autel Robotics, and he lays out his plans. “We will continue to develop the EVO III drone and possibly some heavy-lift platforms to make our ecosystem more robust. The same goes for the Dragonfish series, whose multiple platforms will continue to be nurtured. We’re getting requests from pretty much every direction to expand our offerings, but one big technology that we’re looking into is autonomy systems. I’m particularly inclined toward autonomous drone swarm technology for security applications like border security, patrolling, site monitoring, etc. (unquote)

Link: How Autel Robotics hopes to shape the future of drone industry

I think an EVOIII with just the EVOII V3 out right now could be less likely than the part "... and possibly some heavy-lift platforms to make our ecosystem more robust".
Earlier in that interview it is being said:
(quote) It also explains the growing focus of drone makers on the enterprise sector, with “consolidation” being the key phrase. “We positioned the EVO II as a bigger Mavic Pro but a smaller M300; it can fulfill the requirements of both consumers and professional users. (unquote)
But instead of a bigger enterprise platform it could also be a specialized smaller sized drone, i.e. full (top/bottom) 360° pano cam etc.
Here’s a recommendation: fix the bugs and kinks in your existing products before you produce more products, with additional bugs and kinks.

I know they’re in business to make money, but product quality keeps or drives away consumers. Keeping consumers is a tried and true way of making money.

Reactions: vr-pilot
Check the MAX forum. Since they NEVER have finished the software for the Evo II v3 release (1.25 years), I would not be too optimistic re: when this will improve. They consistently release hardware and the software is not ready. Then they release something else, focus on that, and the current products are ignored/never finished. Apparently, a road map that provides direction for the developers and the products they support, does not exist All they create is marketing hype for features they plan to release "someday".

Last edited:
That was my just guess / hope for their big announcement. It was not a statement. And, it is what Autel dearly needs. But, no sign of that happening. The Autel Evo 2 Pro / Enterprise has been stuck with beta firmware for months. The V.3 is not any better off. More hardware that they can't support will not help Autel succeed.
Since they NEVER have finished the software for the Evo II v3 release (1.25 years), I would not be too optimistic re: when this will improve. They consistently release hardware and the software is not ready. Then they release something else, focus on that, and the current products are ignored/never finished. Apparently, a road map that provides direction for the developers and the products they support, does not exist All they create is marketing hype for features they plan to release "someday".

Last edited:
Check the MAX forum. Since they NEVER have finished the software for the Evo II v3 release (1.25 years), I would not be too optimistic re: when this will improve. They consistently release hardware and the software is not ready. Then they release something else, focus on that, and the current products are ignored/never finished. Apparently, a road map that provides direction for the developers and the products they support, does not exist All they create is marketing hype for features they plan to relesase "someday".
They are making Yuneec look very appealing.

Reactions: DroneRat

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain