Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL ROBOTICS!: Ready to meet Max?

360° camera for drone or new drone with 360° cam?
Yes, a true 360° gimbal cam drone having commercial image quality for real time unobstructed views with zoom and propless full panos would be great. But I don't know if this will be included or possible here.

Reactions: Doc52
Yes, a true 360° gimbal cam drone having commercial image quality for real time unobstructed views with zoom and propless full panos would be great. But I don't know if this will be included or possible here.
I have that with my Yuneec already!

That was my just guess / hope for their big announcement. It was not a statement. And, it is what Autel dearly needs. But, no sign of that happening. The Autel Evo 2 Pro / Enterprise has been stuck with beta firmware for months. The V.3 is not any better off. More hardware that they can't support will not help Autel succeed.

That was my just guess / hope for their big announcement. It was not a statement. And, it is what Autel dearly needs. But, no sign of that happening. The Autel Evo 2 Pro / Enterprise has been stuck with beta firmware for months. The V.3 is not any better off. More hardware that they can't support will not help Autel succeed.
You nailed it. Autel Robotics NEEDS more help in their software development department. They make good products in hardware but the software is always so slow to catch up.

Here is an exert from a DroneDJ interview with Maxwell Lee (general manager of Autel Robotics) nearly a year ago:

(quote) So, as we enter 2022, Lee has high hopes for Autel Robotics, and he lays out his plans. “We will continue to develop the EVO III drone and possibly some heavy-lift platforms to make our ecosystem more robust. The same goes for the Dragonfish series, whose multiple platforms will continue to be nurtured. We’re getting requests from pretty much every direction to expand our offerings, but one big technology that we’re looking into is autonomy systems. I’m particularly inclined toward autonomous drone swarm technology for security applications like border security, patrolling, site monitoring, etc. (unquote)

Link: How Autel Robotics hopes to shape the future of drone industry

I think an EVOIII with just the EVOII V3 out right now could be less likely than the part "... and possibly some heavy-lift platforms to make our ecosystem more robust".
Earlier in that interview it is being said:
(quote) It also explains the growing focus of drone makers on the enterprise sector, with “consolidation” being the key phrase. “We positioned the EVO II as a bigger Mavic Pro but a smaller M300; it can fulfill the requirements of both consumers and professional users. (unquote)
But instead of a bigger enterprise platform it could also be a specialized smaller sized drone, i.e. full (top/bottom) 360° pano cam etc.

I have that with my Yuneec already!
I also have flown Yuneec drones (H480 and H520) for years and I liked the idea of exchangeable payloads and endless 360° obstacle free view, below the drone at least.
I actually used the H520's endless rotation capability for fawn thermal cam searches flying "lawn mower patterns". This way the look down vision kept perfectly stabilized while the drone made its turns above the camera gimbal. Unfortunately the "successor" H520E does not even have 180 ° freedom (about 210 ° would have been enough for "detangling" the "lawn mower sequence"...)

360° camera for drone or new drone with 360° cam?
Coming back again to your post (and while it is still some 4 days time to speculate):
The teaser image shows this "bull's eye" and my first impression was that of a strobe light LED lense. But actually it could really be a pano lens like in the GoPro MAX:
MAX-teaser-lens-CU.jpgMAX-gopro-lenses-black-CU.jpg
So maybe in fact a top and bottom mounted 360° pano camera drone with all props nicely being suppressed from the image in real time?
That would be a real innovation at least when it would meet high quality live transmission and recording standards and added features like real time (HQ) zoom, head tracking, intuitive AR steering using OBS etc. :cool:
Maybe this is also the reason why it is called MAX? (It could also be in honor of Maxwell Lee (general manager of Autel Robotics)) :D
(Photo GoPro MAX by https://gopro.com/de/de/shop/cameras/max/)

• Wow
Reactions: Detritalgeo
Coming back again to your post (and while it is still some 4 days time to speculate):
The teaser image shows this "bull's eye" and my first impression was that of a strobe light LED lense. But actually it could really be a pano lens like in the GoPro MAX:
View attachment 15415View attachment 15418
So maybe in fact a top and bottom mounted 360° pano camera drone with all props nicely being suppressed from the image in real time?
That would be a real innovation at least when it would meet high quality live transmission and recording standards and added features like real time (HQ) zoom, head tracking, intuitive AR steering using OBS etc. :cool:
Maybe this is also the reason why it is called MAX? (It could also be in honor of Maxwell Lee (general manager of Autel Robotics)) :D
(Photo GoPro MAX by https://gopro.com/de/de/shop/cameras/max/)
It wouldn't be new. The FPV world did this a year ago.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller