Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Nano Mini Drone?

I emailed Autel to ask about the compatibility of the Nano with the Smart Contoller.

I was unfortunate enough to have my support ticket assigned to Evan Applegate.

You'll not be surprised therefore to here that I got a standard copy/paste reply which didn't answer my question in the slightest :rolleyes:

Autel are such a waste of time.

I emailed Autel to ask about the compatibility of the Nano with the Smart Contoller.

You'll not be surprised therefore to here that I got a standard copy/paste reply which didn't answer my question in the slightest :rolleyes:

Hopefully Autel doesn't screw this up. The Nano is going to say a lot about lessons learned over at Autel.

I’m curious to hear more information on the nano controller, anntena setup and type of battery. Hopefully, not the cylinder type battery Parrot Anafi controller carries.

I think the nano antenna setup looks to be similar with the Parrot Anafi controller, antennas on top of cellphone door. Could be wrong, looking forward to reading more on this neat mini craft.

Paul

All for getting the answer but until an official release of a product, a manufacturer will not be able to confirm specs, compatibility, and other info on a product that has not been released.

In comparison, that would be similar to trying to ask Apple on 9/9 whether the iPad that was speculated for release on 9/14 is going to have a lightning or USB-C connector.

I would hope on the 9/28 Autel release of the Nano and EVO Lite we will have an absolute firm answer as to whether current Autel Smart Controllers will work with existing Autel Smart Controllers. :) Sure hope so, but wouldn't be all that surprised if V1 or V2 Smart Controllers are not compatible with the new smaller systems coming.

I would hope on the 9/28 Autel release of the Nano and EVO Lite we will have an absolute firm answer as to whether current Autel Smart Controllers will work with existing Autel Smart Controllers. :) Sure hope so, but wouldn't be all that surprised if V1 or V2 Smart Controllers are not compatible with the new smaller systems coming.
This would be a mistake for Autel.... they are trying hard to be DJI all of a sudden and DJI has been setting the standard by putting all their new drones on the smart controller. The new Smart Controller has the possibility of being a versatile tool for the the professional.... hopefully Autel realizes that these smaller drones will be used by professionals who will need all their tools available and not just the toy controller that they are shipping with.

This would be a mistake for Autel.... they are trying hard to be DJI all of a sudden and DJI has been setting the standard by putting all their new drones on the smart controller. The new Smart Controller has the possibility of being a versatile tool for the the professional.... hopefully Autel realizes that these smaller drones will be used by professionals who will need all their tools available and not just the toy controller that they are shipping with.
Absolutely and 100% agree!

to be fair, none of the newer dji drones were smart controller-compatible at launch and had to be upgraded with a later software release. not the preferable method but better than nothing. some will say dji had to be "forced" to make it happen since it took them so long. ideally autel has this in mind from day one and is working diligently to make it happen. in any case, I'm pretty sure v1 smart controllers will not work.

Reactions: advexure
to be fair, none of the newer dji drones were smart controller-compatible at launch and had to be upgraded with a later software release. not the preferable method but better than nothing. some will say dji had to be "forced" to make it happen since it took them so long. ideally autel has this in mind from day one and is working diligently to make it happen. in any case, I'm pretty sure v1 smart controllers will not work.
I agree with everything said here as well. I wouldn't fault Autel if it wasn't available at launch however they should have this feature available in the near future if not on day one. The world really needs a viable competitor to DJI to advance the industry and only by working hard to build good drones and supporting them in the best possible way will Autel be able to compete. I want them to be successful..... everyone seems to be measuring Autel by what they have done in the past but its what they do now and in the future that should define them. Its actually impressive that they will beat DJI to launch with a mini drone that includes obstacle avoidance.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
If I could have one thing in the Nano, it'd be log profile. Autel's standard profile hasn't always been the best, and that would be a differentiator that would make it such a useful secondary drone. The Mini's color and dynamic range limitations really inhibit using that footage alongside other footage and is such a pain to work with honestly.

Too much to ask?

This is great for the hobby community, but they need an Autel Nano+ Pro with thermal and optical dual. Surely they can shave ~14g somewhere, to include a decent thermal sensor. Heck, even Hubsan is planning a thermal version for their sub-250! This would have so many untapped use cases.

Reactions: advexure

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN