Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Nano Mini Drone?

The Mavic 2 w/guards is a great indoor tool. Just sayin.

It's just not a good fit for the indoor commercial work that I do. It is too big and the downbraft from the props not only makes it less stable than the mini in tight spaces it also tends to blow things around like office papers and dust. I found the mini better for indoors. Not to mention the Mavic bouncing off of something could still cause damage even with the prop guards, not really something that I have to worry about with the mini.

Also, time is money, I used to use my Mavic outdoors so I did not want to take the time to put on the guards for the indoors portion then take them off to put away the drone. With the mini I never take them off and I have a case for it that includes space for the guards. I can film an entire commercial space in the time it would have taken to put on the guards for the Mavic, and the mini can fit in many places you could never fit the Mavic, like flying through decorations, railings, chandeliers, etc. Even the mini is too big sometimes for the flight pattern that I want, there's no way I would be able to use the Mavic.

I have even shot promo work with the mini and had a scene where the drone had to fly through the kitchen in a restaurant while the cooks were working; only the mini or something even smaller would have worked.

These tiny drones are the future. Increased regulation worldwide will fuel the transformation of the <250 g class into a capable tool for many applications. They are great for backpacking and indoor flight and once the major players work the bugs out of obstacle avoidance they will be the perfect tool for automated tracking in tight spaces.

Autel is smart to build drones that operate in this weight class but in my opinion they shouldn't get caught up in making cheap stripped down models when there is a need for industry leading technology. Weight will always be an issue so a company will emerge from the current crop of copycats that employs lighter materials and new form factors. Autel should pursue being that leader.

Autel clearly wants to be the next DJI and is smart to release drones that challenge the Mini and the Air series but their next evolution should be their own.

Reactions: SteveNunez
If you think the Autel nano is gonna be small you should see the Autel mini nano micro. It's so small that you could accidently leave it in your pocket when you wash your clothes. This picture was leaked by a verified industry big wig. The uses of a drone this small varies greatly but Autel has confirmed that this drone will likely be used in the medical field. Things like colonoscopies will be 10 times easier. Need to trim those pesky nose hairs. The new Autel Mini Nano Micros blades work like little razors allowing you to fly up your own nostrils and get every single hair.
1_2a41f8dc-8637-475d-9dee-86b3b2e10b10_large.jpg

Last edited:
Things like colonoscopies will be 10 times easier.
I'm 49 years old.... I hope they can get this drone out to market before I turn 50 and have to go for my doctor mandated exam. :)

I'm thinking this is fake news though as its not tomato colored.

I'm 49 years old.... I hope they can get this drone out to market before I turn 50 and have to go for my doctor mandated exam. :)
Yes but remember how I said the blades are actually razors so there could be some pain involved in the procedure.

Id like to see the option of adding better cameras to current model. This way ill get more life out of my v1 smart controller. Im not overly concerned about not being able to use it on cheaper mini models

Looks like there have been some rumblings and leaked photos of what looks like an Autel Nano mini drone. 🧐 If these are in fact real it sounds like it could be called the Autel Nano and not Autel Mini.

Check out the article DroneXL posted this morning:

View attachment 11584
I don’t know about leaked photos but Autel posted it on Instagram yesterday

A nano 150gram drone will have very limited flight time and capabilities: doesn’t seem like something many would want. However an Autel Mini sub250 gram drone would be interesting if it brings something new to the table and not just a clone of a DJI product. I’m fond of my Autel EVO and would be very interested in buying a EVO-Mini!

A nano 150gram drone will have very limited flight time and capabilities: doesn’t seem like something many would want. However an Autel Mini sub250 gram drone would be interesting if it brings something new to the table and not just a clone of a DJI product. I’m fond of my Autel EVO and would be very interested in buying a EVO-Mini!
The Nano is Autel's <250 gram Mini drone and will weigh close to the limit. It looks like there will also be the Autel EVO Lite which will compete with the DJI Air 2/2S series but its not official yet.

im not even ashamed to say it but at this point, I would buy anything consumer-related autel robotics manufacturers. for me, there are only a few brands like that where you just have to get it....regardless. autel drones lately. they sell it, I'm getting it.

IF this is real, AND, IF the combined weight of a prop cage + battery + aircraft are <= 250g, then this has potential and will replace my DJI Mavic Mini in a heartbeat. OTOH, IF NOT, then its just another low end entry.

Thermal and optical!!!!
IF this is real, AND, IF the combined weight of a prop cage + battery + aircraft are <= 250g, then this has potential and will replace my DJI Mavic Mini in a heartbeat. OTOH, IF NOT, then its just another low end entry.
And thermal optical nano weight dual camera!!!!

Reactions: gschulzuio
The Nano is real and will be official in the next few days. I suspect that the prop guards will kick it over the 250 gram threshold though.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MountainDroneTN