Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Explorer App Gone?

I am brand new to Autel and do not see the explorer app in the Google play store.

When I go to the Autel support tab of their website and click the app link it redirects me to Google play to a screen that says app not available.

I also downloaded the apk file to my android phone, but it won't open or run it to install the app.

Out of ideas here. Suggestions?
Yours is the first android phone who won't install an apk. What model is this?

You have to go to settings and allow from unknown locations and then it should install. Otherwise the apk is corrupt.

Never has for me that I know of. That's usually one of the first things I set on my phone when I get one because I rarely get anything direct from the play store.

Thanks all of you for the help. It's a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+. I needed to allow the special permission still for unknown sources.

I swear other phones have prompted me to do so when I've tried running apk files. Could be imagining things, but I do need to learn to use this phone! Lol!

Reactions: Tufargon
I am brand new to Autel and do not see the explorer app in the Google play store.

When I go to the Autel support tab of their website and click the app link it redirects me to Google play to a screen that says app not available.

I also downloaded the apk file to my android phone, but it won't open or run it to install the app.

Out of ideas here. Suggestions?
I just got my Evo today and had the same issue. The Autel Explorer app is not on Google Play.. no idea what's up with that. I downloaded the app from Autel's site a couple of times while trying to figure what the deal is. So I finally went to the download folder on my phone and got the .apk file to install the app. Somehow, one file was 63mb and one was only 14mb...failed download I guess. The 63mb file did actually install the app. This is on a Pixel1 phone. App seems to work fine. I'm going to try my Pixel3 tonight also.

Missing Apps from Google Play is becoming a normal thing to see lately. It really has nothing to do with the Developers but it would seem Google Play some how screws up. Late in 2019 the App for the Parrot Anafi just dropped for weeks and so did the Apps for the Yuneec Breeze Cam app & Mantis Q. I am sure it is frustrating to not be able to get them from the store but they are made available soon after on the manufacturers web page. I have even bought products with very little or no manual that you now have to visit their site to down load.
I expect when the EVO 2 is in full production things might get straightened out.

Reactions: ryandluke33
Who tells you that you can't install it? Android and what is the message?
I just installed it, no problem.
Screenshot_2020-01-20-20-52-06.png

Last edited:
The app talks to you now. Don't recall it doing it before or maybe I had it turned off.

Same thing as dafish on my galaxy tab a:(
And once installed it wanted me to install the same firmware I had installed not long ago......strange.

Last edited:
The old Explorer app is gone. This is the new beta Explorer app which supports both Evos. This is why it makes you delete the old app. I'm going to check if I get the firmware thing when I get home.

Update: I did not receive a firmware update notification. I updated when the firmware was in beta.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy