Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Explorer App Gone?

I'm fine, I'm not myopic.
Installed on LG Android 8.0.0 and works BUT ....
Uninstalled and returned version 1.0.1.45 of Evo 1
Why?
Because the clever programmers have purely locked the Waypoints and Orbit functions (among others) on the Evo 1 (like the 2).
That is to say that in the old version (ND 1.0.1.45) you could prepare without the drone an Orbit or Waypoints mission at home and arrived on the ground, you could take off and launch the prepared mission.
And now NO.
With this version EVO 1 and EVO 2 (1.1.2.4), you can no longer.
For orbits and Waypoints (which interests me)
Device not connected: message "Device not connected, function not possible"
Device connected to the radio: message "Device not taken off, function not possible"
That is to say that you cannot prepare anything without the device being in the air!
With the device in the air, you have time to empty the battery before having prepared your mission and launch it .......
So put 1.0.1.45 and this is the one that will stay.

On the other hand, I glimpsed the formula of the new missions for the Evo 2 (for the Evo1 no change) with the addition on the route of Pois with programmable orientation above during the flight with pitch settings too (what does not have the Evo 1) So the genre of missions will be more complete and more serious.
And these missions can be prepared without connection to the drone but only on the tablet. Unless they put out a "Litchi" preparation program, but I dream, I think.

After flying another battery today, I got the firmware update mid flight. It was scary as heck, since the camera view went back to the start page mid flight, but yes, it will ask you to update again.

After several attempts to install the new App and it giving me a error that it cannot be installed even after deleting the old one I finally got it installed. Seems the new App does not like any old files from the old Explorer App. Had to go in and clean out left over files and all seems fine now.

Reactions: ryandluke33
Yes you will see, it is great as an application.
You can no longer prepare your mission on the ground before to take off the Evo.
For the Evo 1
Evo 1 orbit.JPG
For the Evo 2 ditto and you no longer have the Waypoint ...
evo 2.JPG

The more the software swells, the less it does.
That is to say that the time you prepare your mission, the battery has plenty of time to discharge. (And in addition if my memories are correct, I believe that once connected, you must be in flight to prepare these damn missions.
they will, without saying, that the abbreviation of this app, will slow me down for the purchase of an Evo two

This error should be reported to Autel so that we can continue to prepare the orbit and waypoint mission before being in flight as before.
Were the programmers recruited from Yuneec?

Last edited:
Reactions: ryandluke33
Yes you will see, it is great as an application.
You can no longer prepare your mission on the ground before leaving the Evo.
For the Evo 1
View attachment 6142
For the Evo 2 ditto and you no longer have the Waypoint ...
View attachment 6143

The more the software swells, the less it does.
That is to say that the time you prepare your mission, the battery has plenty of time to discharge. (And in addition if my memories are correct, I believe that once connected, you must be in flight to prepare these damn missions.
they will, without saying, that the abbreviation of this app, will slow me down for the purchase of an Evo two

This error should be reported to Autel so that we can continue to prepare the orbit and waypoint mission before being in flight as before.
Were the programmers recruited from Yuneec?

Nothing will change unless you let them know and they welcome your comments.

If you encounter any bugs, glitches, lack of functionality, or any other problems with the firmware, please let us know immediately by contacting Customer Support at 1-844-MY-AUTEL, email us at [email protected], or chat with us online at AutelDrones.com.

Reactions: lukappaseidue
Can anyone confirm if they removed the tripod tracking on EVO 1?
It looks like both Tripod and Parallel Tracking are no longer available in the new App for Evo but is Available for Evo 2. Why would they remove these two features?

It's beta. Who knows. At this point in their progress it's probably best to send them that question.

I still have the old version of Explorer Evo 1, I can't find the tripod and parallel tracking.
In Intelligent Flight, there are only Camera, Dynamic Track, Viewpoint, Orbit, Waypoint and VR.
Screenshot_evo 1 intelligent flight.jpg

The Dynamic Track and Tripod Track come with Evo 2.

If I'm not mistaken, the parallel tracking should be inside the Dynamic Track. I remember Alejandro doing a video about it.

I just got a chance to try the new App today. One thing i noticed is the top info bar is very dull looking. Mostly gray scale not much contrast. A bit hard to makeout. Anyone else seeing this as i do.

Think I am staying with the old app. I like to plan missions off line before heading out.

Reactions: Bischofftep
If I'm not mistaken, the parallel tracking should be inside the Dynamic Track. I remember Alejandro doing a video about it.
I was wrong. You are correct. What threw me is that for the Evo2, Tripod has its own block. I found it within Dynamic Track. Thanks

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58