Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo or the Parrot Anafi

Just for discussion, our aircraft wind limitations are most always a lot higher than what a manufacturer prints in a system manual or user guide. They establish wind limitations based heavily on "newbie" flying ability and use a wind speed low enough to allow the aircraft to get back to the starting point in RTH modes. RTH is the slowest automated speed the aircraft flies because more system resources are being used. If normal RTH speed is 10mph the documentation may limit allowable wind speeds to 8mph. OTOH, if your aircraft can fly at 40mph in a manual mode the safe allowable wind speed will be that at which the aircraft can maintain an unassisted hover (without operator input) and penetrate into the wind for a return trip against the wind. It's not possible for a manufacturer to predict operator ability to establish a maximum allowable wind speed.

The operator's ability to manually control the aircraft is also a large part of the maximum wind speed. If an operator is "instinctive" with control functions and understands how to "lean" the aircraft into the wind for T/O and landing they will be capable of flying in higher winds speeds than an operator that has to put a lot of effort into "reacting" with the controls to what the aircraft is doing, and dependent on the aircraft to T/O and land itself. Bottom line is that as long as a flight controller retains the ability to keep the aircraft stabilized during higher wind speeds, and the system has the ability to make decent headway against the wind, the aircraft's wind limit will not be reached until the aircraft fails to meet either or both of those requirements. Everyone has to explore personal and system limitations to arrive at a maximum operational wind speed. For the Anafi that speed is pretty high if your flight skills are up to the conditions.
Don't be afraid to become a test pilot to establish your limitations. Explore the system limitations in progressive steps as your skill increases. You'll become a better operator in the process. Not all reviewers have the flight skills to fly in high winds. Perhaps when you become a better pilot you will know what I am talking about. Its called experience.

Reactions: rkyleh
I get all that but I assume that most photographers will want to be concentrating on the camera instead of fighting to control the craft when the drone is supposed to be hovering.

I get all that but I assume that most photographers will want to be concentrating on the camera instead of fighting to control the craft when the drone is supposed to be hovering.
Looking forward to your videos. Maybe I have missed them but so far I have seen nothing of your work. Perhaps put something together so we can see just how a self proclaimed professional photographer like yourself uses the EVO to its fullest potential. Nothing like a good video on a New Years EVO :)

They really are different beasts. Anafi, depending where you buy it, is at minimum 40% cheaper. While few can touch Autel’s customer service, Anafi has some features not available on Evo, or even DJI. Anafi’s ability to shoot straight up is one, so is lossless zoom with it’s 21mp sensor. Evo’s 4K @60fps separates it from most in it’s class, build quality is better too. You’re going to have to make the call if Evo’s extra $400 is worth it...
Hi,

I am looking at the Autel Evo and then the Parrot Anafi. I am wondering if the Evo can do 3d mapping. Either through its own 3d mapping software or third party. If it is 3rd party can you tell me which works best with Evo. Thanks in advance--Sincerely, David
Couple of things. I’ve been doing the same research considering a new flagship bird. The anafi was a late addition to my consideration. I would not consider the Anafi right now. There are several issues with it currently.

No the EVO does not have 3D mapping software and Autel products do not support 3rd party apps.

Autel is making promos speaking to what is coming for 3D mappings but... If that is a function you need right now I would go a different direction or wait until they actual provide the functionality before buying.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I want to thank everyone who has helped my educational process--Thank You!

David

Thsnks for the post Augustine. For some reason they didn't want to simply say, "no, the Evo doesn't do mapping"

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58