Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO III "Leaks" over at DroneDJ.com

Hi, Autel told me that the Nano+ will be Remote ID (RID) compliant, but the EVO ll will require a RID module.

Regards,
Richard

Hi, Autel told me that the Nano+ will be Remote ID (RID) compliant, but the EVO ll will require a RID module.

Regards,
Richard
if that's true, as a recreational flyer under 250g, i really didn't need the nano+ to be compliant but i guess the big evo 2 with a module attached is not so bad either.

i can't see having the need to fly the nano bvlos too much.

Hi Ken, even drones under 250g used for commercial purposes (pt107) will require RID.

Regards,
Richard

Reactions: gschulzuio
Hi Ken, even drones under 250g used for commercial purposes (pt107) will require RID.

Regards,
Richard
agreed, only drones under 250g used for recreational purchases not rid required. unless it's a toy drone, not sure why a manufacturer would omit it and make their drone unavailable for commercial purposes. to me, attaching a module to a less than 250g drone is pretty sketchy.

of the record, i bet a lot of commercial pilots will fly less than 250g drone without rid. i think manufacturers plan to implement tamper proof rid but...we'll see.

agreed, only drones under 250g used for recreational purchases not rid required. unless it's a toy drone, not sure why a manufacturer would omit it and make their drone unavailable for commercial purposes. to me, attaching a module to a less than 250g drone is pretty sketchy.

of the record, i bet a lot of commercial pilots will fly less than 250g drone without rid. i think manufacturers plan to implement tamper proof rid but...we'll see.
Hi Ken, IMO most pilots will ignore any RID requirement. Any new drones with builtin RID, not allowing to be shut off, will be shunned by pilots. Reporting pilot information and position is a non starter for me.

Regards,
Richard

Hi Ken, IMO most pilots will ignore any RID requirement. Any new drones with builtin RID, not allowing to be shut off, will be shunned by pilots. Reporting pilot information and position is a non starter for me.

Regards,
Richard
i agree but if you are flying a drone, any drone for any reason, and you cannot be detected, it will draw suspicion. might be legal and might go unnoticed for the first few years but eventually these type of drones will be called "ghost drones" and frowned up. i wouldn't be surprised if local law enforcement [wrongfully] got involved at that point. i dont agree with it but if a deputy saw you flying in the park and he pulled into a space and whipped out the app and couldn't "see" you, he might make contact where he would otherwise keep driving. that's my fear with ignoring the requirement....not today or tomorrow but eventually it will come to that.

Your buyers regret is why I don't buy anything other than batteries, a case, and a tablet holder when I buy into a drone system.

Drones, especially Autel drones, aren't really like anything else on the market today. They have a very limited life (2yrs is the average according to one study that I read awhile back), they are expensive when compared to many other things that last longer, and even if you don't crash your drone with two years, with Autel you will be unable to get batteries within 3yrs (if history is any indication of the future).

That's why I would never buy a smart controller, or filter kit, or range extender...etc. They are just expensive accessories that you are buying for an ecosystem with a very short shelf life.
Currently, we are flying a fleet of over 20 Autel Evo IIs between 2 and close to 4 years old. we have logged over 4,000 flights and have only had to send two in for repairs. Otherwise, all of our "older" aircraft are flying as well as they did the day we bought them. Unlike DJI, our batteries have held up admirably and Autel continues to support us with batteries that are trans-version compatible. On a cost per flight average. (We got rid of all of our DJIs 3 years ago.) Our Autel fleet has actually cost us less due to low maintenance costs and battery longevity. We will see how our V2 and V3 aircraft hold up, but for now, perfectly happy with our Autels...

Currently, we are flying a fleet of over 20 Autel Evo IIs between 2 and close to 4 years old. we have logged over 4,000 flights and have only had to send two in for repairs. Otherwise, all of our "older" aircraft are flying as well as they did the day we bought them. Unlike DJI, our batteries have held up admirably and Autel continues to support us with batteries that are trans-version compatible. On a cost per flight average. (We got rid of all of our DJIs 3 years ago.) Our Autel fleet has actually cost us less due to low maintenance costs and battery longevity. We will see how our V2 and V3 aircraft hold up, but for now, perfectly happy with our Autels...
Hi Chad... I know you are using the Evo 2s for police work but why such a big fleet?.... do you often have that many up in the air?

Lets hope Autel is able to EVo3 superior and have a fantastic M 4/3 camera..... As for the price lets hope they dont make it too expensive

Reactions: edgardcafe
I have seen for sell online at @advexure and somewhere else 🤔. I have the Enterprise and was thinking to buy the Evo 2 v.3 but I don’t know if it worth selling my Enterprise and buy it. I didn’t see much improvements, just the SC is different.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials