Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO III "Leaks" over at DroneDJ.com

Saladshooter

Reaction score
This is a huge newsday for Autel. Either they have some great things in the works for the near future or there is a carefully orchestrated prank underway. I find the sheer number of models "leaked" to be suspicious.... two models of Autel Minis, two models of Autel EVO Lites, and four models of EVO 3 seems to be an unlikely scenario.

The fisheye Obstacle Avoidance makes sense as it has a proven track record on the Skydio 2. It allows for a much wider view from the sensor and a result, less sensors needed to get the job done.

Autel EVO III leak reveals specs, appearance. Release before Mavic 3? - DroneDJ.com

Last edited:
This is a huge newsday for Autel. Either they have some great things in the works for the near future or there is a carefully orchestrated prank underway. I find the sheer number of models "leaked" to be suspicious.... two models of Autel Minis, two models of Autel EVO Lites, and four models of EVO 3 seems to be an unlikely scenario.

The fisheye Obstacle Avoidance makes sense as it has a proven track record on the Skydio 2. It allows for a much wider view from the sensor and a result, less sensors needed to get the job done.

Autel EVO III leak reveals specs, appearance. Release before Mavic 3? - DroneDJ.com

The specs for that 4/3rd sensor will be interesting, currently I think only the Inspire series has a sensor that big, I have to imagine though for a camera that size the drone will be bigger and so will the batteries which means existing cases and batteries won't fit it. But a 4/3rd sensor in a foldable drone would be a first if I'm not mistaken.

The specs for that 4/3rd sensor will be interesting, currently I think only the Inspire series has a sensor that big, I have to imagine though for a camera that size the drone will be bigger and so will the batteries which means existing cases and batteries won't fit it. But a 4/3rd sensor in a foldable drone would be a first if I'm not mistaken.
The Mavic 3 has been long rumored to be coming with a 4/3 sensor on release.... I would gladly applaud either DJI or Autel for their achievement if the rumors are true.

Why release an Evo 3 when the Evo 2 still does not get to the point. It is not by changing their number that we will be able to foresee an improvement to their old flight system.
My guess to the need for an EVO 3 is more processing power in order to run the bigger camera at high frame rates and to power the automated modes like Panos, plus the new Obstacle Avoidance.

As much as I'd like the 4/3 sensor, not thrilled just yet. Evo 2 was supposed to be an expandable platform so I'd like to see new payloads for that first. It's still young.

If the flight time is the same I'd hope / strongly demand that batteries be cross compatible, failing that a real actual plan this time to continue their manufacturing, especially given enterprise customers bought in.

Can't you see that the shell of "evo 3" is the same as that of evo 2?
I think that if it was a new series, the drone would be very different in appearance from EVO 2.
This is just a fun rumor and speculation thread but if you look at the image it is not the shell of the EVO 2.... just a very similar design. For one, there is no top vent.

There is no reason why they would start over with a whole new shape.

This is just a fun rumor and speculation thread but if you look at the image it is not the shell of the EVO 2.... just a very similar design. For one, there is no top vent.
Can you see the difference between evo 1 and evo 2?

Autel-Evo-2-vs-Evo-front-img.jpg
Autel-Evo-2-vs-Evo-img-1.jpg

And Evo 2 and "Evo 3" have the same shell, except for the absence of a hump with side and top sensors.

Evo 2 and "Evo 3" have the same shell, except for the absence of a hump with side and top sensors.

Ok that makes them different.. Again this is just a rumor and speculation thread. The EVO 3 shell is different from the EVO 2 shell.... if it works there is no reason for Autel to reinvent the wheel. It could be the new EVO or maybe its all somebody's fantasy.

As much as I'd like the 4/3 sensor, not thrilled just yet. Evo 2 was supposed to be an expandable platform so I'd like to see new payloads for that first. It's still young.

If the flight time is the same I'd hope / strongly demand that batteries be cross compatible, failing that a real actual plan this time to continue their manufacturing, especially given enterprise customers bought in.

I think you have seen all the expanding that Autel is going to do with the EVO II, they will say you can attach lights, different payloads and pick between 3 different cameras for the EVO II, I definitely do not see them letting you put a m4/3 camera on that same platform or keeping the same batteries to power it. Drone vendors make their money selling drones and batteries not cameras. In this particular case I don't think it would be possible to fit a m 4/3 camera beneath the EVO II nor do I think the EVO II CPU could handle the increased data rates from a camera like that not to mention battery life would probably drop to 15 min or less due to the increased weight and processing power needed. The only way to fix all of these problems is with a new drone and bigger battery.

Ok that makes them different.. Again this is just a rumor and speculation thread. The EVO 3 shell is different from the EVO 2 shell.... if it works there is no reason for Autel to reinvent the wheel. It could be the new EVO or maybe its all somebody's fantasy.

I agree with you, DJI stuck with the same design for 4 generations of Phantom drones. But they definitely ensured that you had to get all new batteries, cases, and accessories for each one.

Maybe this is a photo from Evo 3 and rumors about a 4/3 camera for him such a publicity stunt to spoil the start of sales of the new Mavic 3?
The Mavic 3 will soon be presented and it will also go on sale with a 4/3 camera. But also people will know that Evo 3 will be released soon and maybe it is worth waiting for it?😁

Maybe this is a photo from Evo 3 and rumors about a 4/3 camera for him such a publicity stunt to spoil the start of sales of the new Mavic 3?
The Mavic 3 will soon be presented and it will also go on sale with a 4/3 camera. But also people will know that Evo 3 will be released soon and maybe it is worth waiting for it?😁
It could very well be a publicity stunt.... the flood of Autel news would seem to be a new initative to get folks excited about the company. Anyone that looks at the activity on this forum vs the Mavic forum knows that Autel has lots of catching up to do. On release the Mavic 3 is going to dominate the drone news world so Autel would be smart to keep the rumors coming.... as long as there is a hint of truth in them.

Skydio2 has six 200 ° all-round sensors and they are installed in such a way that nothing interferes with the design of the drone around them.

Skydio-2-to-fly.jpg
Skydio-2-cams-img.jpg

They were also installed on the evo 3 leak so that everyone could see that there are also 200 ° sensors here, like on skydio. And the fact that cameras 200 ° will look at the propellers did not think. 😁

"The Mavic 3 will soon be presented and it will also go on sale with a 4/3 camera. But also people will know that Evo 3 will be released soon and maybe it is worth waiting for it?"

For my part, I would not wait. Yes, I wouldn't wait for Mr. Autel to take more than a year to finalize a drone like he does with the Evo 2 without even bringing it what the pilots ask for. I'm sure the Mavic 3 will be on top of its game. When the Mavic 2 pro came out, the latter was already well on top.

I didn't go back to the pranks of the evo, its burlesque updates and the abandonment of its products after a year. do not forget that the release of an Evo 3 will surely mean the abandonment of the Evo 2 v2 since the Evo 2 v1 is already obsolete. Think carefully .

Last edited:
I have a Skydio 2... the avoidance tech is amazing, not perfect but very good. All Autel has to do to make the 200 degree fisheye cameras work is to raise them higher than the props.If you look at the rear camera/sensor of the Skydio, it is a good example of this idea at work.... the props are set just lower than the sensor so it can't see them.

The "EVO 3" in the picture is set up the same way. The front fisheye is raised above the height of the front props on the dome shaped shell leaving a clear view. Because the the rear legs are mounted much lower, the rear fisheye can't see the rear props and is angled slightly to the back so that the OA will work when moving in reverse. We can't really see the front, side or bottom sensors, but they would presumably be angled slightly away from the props where necessary.

Its all speculation and its funny that almost all "leaks" involve grainy low res pictures that don't allow real scrutiny. I would think a real leaker would occasionally surface with a set of high res photos and 360 degree views.... but it doesn't seem to happen.

"The Mavic 3 will soon be presented and it will also go on sale with a 4/3 camera. But also people will know that Evo 3 will be released soon and maybe it is worth waiting for it?"

For my part, I would not wait. Yes, I wouldn't wait for Mr. Autel to take more than a year to finalize a drone like he does with the Evo 2 without even bringing it what the pilots ask for. I'm sure the Mavic 3 will be on top of its game. When the Mavic 2 pro came out, the latter was already well on top.

I didn't go back to the pranks of the evo, its burlesque updates and the abandonment of its products after a year. do not forget that the release of an Evo 3 will surely mean the abandonment of the Evo 2 v2 since the Evo 2 v1 is already obsolete. Think carefully .

Autel definitely has flaws...but there is a single sole reason why I will never buy another DJI product unless there is nothing else to pick from....geofencing. All the tech in the world doesn't matter if geofencing prevents you from ever leaving the ground. A geofencing bug forced my Mavic into the ocean 5' from the shore; it was the first drone I've lost since starting this part of my business in 2014 and it will be the last that I lose to geofencing if at all possible.

Where I live there is controlled airspace literally everywhere, I use the LAANC system religiously and apply for waivers in other situations; there's no way I will trust another drone with enforced geofencing in any situation.

Seems like Autel has trouble getting one drone out at a time no matter several models. Had the 8K last winter when I heard about the Smart Controller coming out so I figured it was a good time to sell it and get the 6K pro and in the midst of all that they came up with a 6K version 2. Waited all spring and summer to get that. Finally got that and here I sit waiting on the Smart Controller version 2. Autel seems to post models they KNOW they can’t deliver upon and make their fans wait until they are damn good and ready to deliver on. Am I a fan of Autel’s engineering and products? Yes I am. Am I a fan of their late deliveries? No I am not!! Waiting like this will further frustrate their customers and future customers.

Reactions: edgardcafe
It’s true ! I like Autel drones as well but they are pushing it to much and the wait time is frustrating 🙄 and Autel drones are not cheap!

With the smart controller V 2 and the 6k Pro V 2 the total will be almost $5000.00 Canadian dollars.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d