Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO II RTK IS HERE

I think there are some differences because they have different firmware. But I am not sure @Blade Strike might know.
Here is an accuracy report from Drone Deploy just the other day (small Map) using the EVO 6K RTK V1, NO GCPs
Thanks, looking more into this, the Enterprise seems to have carbon arms, larger motors, and the V2 Smart controller.

One question for you- offhand what would you say the max. comfortable mapping area would be? Assume 70%/70% overlap, 400ft AGL.

Reactions: advexure
Thanks, looking more into this, the Enterprise seems to have carbon arms, larger motors, and the V2 Smart controller.

One question for you- offhand what would you say the max. comfortable mapping area would be? Assume 70%/70% overlap, 400ft AGL.
It all depends on the size of the site and what GSD you need (resolution) I personally never like going over 200 ft and like 150ft better. unless I was doing like 200 acres, then 250 mabey. but never 400ft

as far a physical differences, yes they are. I was referring to internal RTK differences...

What do you mean by "comfortable"? Given what constraints?
"Comfortable" meaning not inflicting damage on the battery, say land at no less than 20%.

I don't need an especially high GSD, hence the 400', 70/70.

But good to know that 200 acres at 200 feet is achievable.

"Comfortable" meaning not inflicting damage on the battery, say land at no less than 20%.

I don't need an especially high GSD, hence the 400', 70/70.

But good to know that 200 acres at 200 feet is achievable.
just remember the lower you fly the more batteries your going to need

Reactions: Dave Pitman
Okay, how much surface can be covered in one pack. Remember, you can, and often do, run multi-battery missions.
I've got sites to map this summer that are 80, 120, 250, 540, and 1800 acres. GSD around 3 or even 4 cm is fine- we're mapping invasive grasses. Currently using 3dr Solo and PPK, which with two batteries can take care of the smallest sites, barely.

For the larger sites I'm currently using a FireflY6 pro, for which I have reliability concerns.

Considering purchasing the Autel for the medium sized sites, and multiple batteries for 1800 acres is certainly a possibility. The 1800 acres site took three flights with the FF6 last summer.

Reactions: Dave Pitman
Is the RTK kit being sold anymore or is the only way to get RTK to buy the Enterprise and add the RTK module?
Nevermind, I think I figured it out. The RTK kit with the standard remote is no longer offered. Now the RTK is only available as an additional accessory option when the full Enterprise kit is purchased with the smart remote... So cost of entry to RTK flight has increased.

Nevermind, I think I figured it out. The RTK kit with the standard remote is no longer offered. Now the RTK is only available as an additional accessory option when the full Enterprise kit is purchased with the smart remote... So cost of entry to RTK flight has increased.
I herd there will be a V2. RTK unit coming soon

Reactions: Detritalgeo
Hit them up and see what they say, I'm 99% sure they told me that
ok I may try that although plans seem to change often at Autel HQ.

Is there any reason to go for the Enterprise for RTK work when the non-Enterprise RTK seems to do the job just as well? I dont have an interest in the other accessories.

ok I may try that although plans seem to change often at Autel HQ.

Is there any reason to go for the Enterprise for RTK work when the non-Enterprise RTK seems to do the job just as well? I dont have an interest in the other accessories.
For me, it was significantly cheaper to do the Enterprise. RTK was $3999 with one battery and regular controller. Enterprise was $3750 plus $625, and included three batteries and the Smart Controller. Supposedly the Enterprise has longer flight time, but I've seen specs that once you add the RTK module, the flight time goes down to essentially the same as the regular.

That said, I probably would have preferred to have the regular because it is smaller so it fits in smaller cases. The Smart Controller is great for photography, but really unnecessary for mapping. I ended up buying the regular controller to use on mapping days because it is lighter.

For me, it was significantly cheaper to do the Enterprise. RTK was $3999 with one battery and regular controller. Enterprise was $3750 plus $625, and included three batteries and the Smart Controller. Supposedly the Enterprise has longer flight time, but I've seen specs that once you add the RTK module, the flight time goes down to essentially the same as the regular.

That said, I probably would have preferred to have the regular because it is smaller so it fits in smaller cases. The Smart Controller is great for photography, but really unnecessary for mapping. I ended up buying the regular controller to use on mapping days because it is lighter.
Is that the same Enterprise kit that is $4250 now? If there is any old stock of the V1 Evo 2 Pro RTK it is likely the cheaper option now.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58