Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo II downgrade issues? DH has a solution!

Yes. I just tried it out for the heck of it. I was indeed able to downgrade to V2.5.18 without issue by doing as he said. It worked!
Nice! Makes me wonder if they got heads up on DroneHacks find for the downgrade file name, or maybe they didn't translate it back to english. Great work on trying this out!

Whats the advantage of downgrading?
am i missing something here?
For some, an earlier version of firmware may work better than a more recent one. It's always good to have an option to downgrade if this happens to your drone.
I would caution anyone from downgrading more than one previous version at a time, in other words don't skip a version. Maybe nothing will happen, maybe it will.
I don't know how the Autel drones handle firmware flashing....with the DJI drones, you can skip firmware versions, BUT once a module has been upgraded like NFZ, it will stay upgraded. I would hope that when downgrading firmware it would just downgrade all modules to the lower version. This would need to be validated before and after you downgrade to check all the versions. For DJI's firmware, if the firmware downgrade has the same version of firmware for a module, the flashing skips it. Dunno about Autel. There is always risk in flashing firmware if the code is not written well with many checks. DJI's firmware flashing code is basically crap. At DroneHacks, the flashing code for firmware flashing had to be re-written with checks in it to counter the crappy DJI programming. We have not looked at Autel firmware flashing code yet. Not enough interest sadly.

Reactions: Claudio NC
I just did the downgrade on my Evo II Pro from V2.7.25 to 2.6.22. You have to rename the file from force_uprade to qiangzi_shengji. This works as of 8/8/2021. Tested the drone out after the upgrade and everything works.

Last edited:
My friends...
we are working on it, giving the Evo line some loving.
It has been tested and almost ready to release.
FREE 99!
You read that right. F R E E. Sit tight a while. Along with our great partners at DDD, lots of Autel firmware available.
You don't like the current problems with 2.5.0? Well then...downgrade to the previous version 2.3.3.
From your friends at Drone-Hacks. Soon.

*UPDATE* 7/30/21 "To downgrade from the latest FW you need the empty file named "qiangzi_shengji" on SD card instead of "force_upgrade".

Big thanks to rvl for posting this and Cicero24 for testing and confirmation. See post #151 in this thread.
I have evo 1 and would like to go back to the previous firmware version 1.1.58

Antonello you can try at your own risk

Puoi provare pare funzionare, ma a tuo rischio.
Metti il file vuoto, rinominandolo con il nome cinese (vedi qualche post sopra) e metti un firmware vecchio nella stessa sd

Reactions: Antonello
Antonello you can try at your own risk

Puoi provare pare funzionare, ma a tuo rischio.
Metti il file vuoto, rinominandolo con il nome cinese (vedi qualche post sopra) e metti un firmware vecchio nella stessa sd

Qui ci sono i links per il Evo 2. No so se funziona per il Evo 1.

FYI, I was able to rollback firmware V2.7.25 to V2.6.22. As of 8/8/2021 this works. If you want to downgrade, you'll need the downgrade file. See link below. The file is titled "force_upgrade," however it will not allow the downgrade unless you change the file name to qiangzi_shengji.
Drone-Hacks, the best way to hack your DJI Drone - Home

Use the renamed downgrade file along with the firmware version to which you want to downgrade. Choose the firmware version from link below.
Dank Drone Downloader - Web App

Per l'ultimo FW Evo 1 (v1.5.8) il file "force_upgrade" dovrebbe funzionare.

Per l'ultimo FW Evo 1 (v1.5.8) il file "force_upgrade" dovrebbe funzionare.
Hi could I tell me where is the forced update file?

force_upgrade

I downloaded firmware 1.5.7

I want to replace it in place of 1.5.8

So it IS possible to roll back to a version prior to the "activation" version (v2.5.18)? 🤔

Nicely done @Cicero24 🙇‍♂️

Did you use the qiangzi_shengji file name every step of the way, or did you switch to force_upgrade at some point?

So it IS possible to roll back to a version prior to the "activation" version (v2.5.18)? 🤔

Nicely done @Cicero24 🙇‍♂️

Did you use the qiangzi_shengji file name every step of the way, or did you switch to force_upgrade at some point?
I did the rollback a few days ago on Evo II pro. Initially I tried it with the force_upgrade, but it didn't work. Then I changed the file name to qiangzi_shengji and that did the trick.🥳

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy