Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo Altitude wrong !!!

Reaction score
hi I use evo 2 pro
I planed mission 350 acres 120 mt altitude from kml file .But when I proccesed the data noticed that my altıtude was 160 mt I dont I understand. my homepoint elevation was 10 meters above sea. My estimate when you usu kml file you altitude vaule msl but. İt is not overlap 160 mt altıtude result thanks

Last edited:
hi I use evo 2 pro
I planed mission 350 acres 120 mt altitude from kml file .But when I proccesed the data noticed that my altıtude was 160 mt I dont I understand. my homepoint elevation was 10 meters above sea. My estimate when you usu kml file you altitude vaule msl but. İt is not overlap 160 mt altıtude result thanks
I’ve Noticed this recently too

hi I use evo 2 pro
How flat is the area that you are flying? How much difference exists between where you take off from and where you are flying over? Make sure you have alt set to MSL or AGL for as expected. If you make a settings change to the mission, check your different waypoints to see if they changed to something not expected. Have noticed on relatively flat areas some deviation in altitudes as fly over cuts, low spots, high-spots, or, if taking off from higher or lower than area being flown.

hi I use evo 2 pro
Hi
I am very curious what kind of KML files you use to load into the EVO II. I contacted Auto and they can not give me directions in how to create such a file and how it should look like. Can you tell me if you are using a program to create the mission and what kind of mission are you referring to.
thanks

Hi
I am very curious what kind of KML files you use to load into the EVO II. I contacted Auto and they can not give me directions in how to create such a file and how it should look like. Can you tell me if you are using a program to create the mission and what kind of mission are you referring to.
thanks
Not sure what the OP used, however I have used google earth pro (gep) and litchi to export kml's and then read them with autel explore and import to create new mission, granted with some caveats. The caveats include that its the waypoint and alt that get imported, waypoint actions have to be added manually.

Have run into situations where POIs are not imported and thus have to create those. Another situation have run into is when exporting from litchi, additional waypoints can be brought over, removing curves from litchi mission can help with this, just be prepared for some extra cleanup work.

Also have seen bugs in the autel explorer mission including edits not being saved, disappearing poi's from missions, app crashes when saving missions. Not to mention the lack of ability to save, export a mission to make a backup outside of autel, as well to move to another device with autel app vs. having mission only on one device.

Not sure what the OP used, however I have used google earth pro (gep) and litchi to export kml's and then read them with autel explore and import to create new mission, granted with some caveats. The caveats include that its the waypoint and alt that get imported, waypoint actions have to be added manually.

Have run into situations where POIs are not imported and thus have to create those. Another situation have run into is when exporting from litchi, additional waypoints can be brought over, removing curves from litchi mission can help with this, just be prepared for some extra cleanup work.

Also have seen bugs in the autel explorer mission including edits not being saved, disappearing poi's from missions, app crashes when saving missions. Not to mention the lack of ability to save, export a mission to make a backup outside of autel, as well to move to another device with autel app vs. having mission only on one device.
I also make them in Litchi and created something in excel to create a KML file. can I ask you to send me one of your files to see how it looks like.

Reactions: gschulzuio
According to replies from a post I made about altitude errors owing to negative altitudes when the drone was flying ~100 ft AGL, the elevation datum for the drone is the WGS ellipsoid. Check to see if that is the difference:

I know this maybe not answers the question but I have been looking for an option to create a waypoint session entirely on my iPad pro for use in the Autel Explorer app on my iPhone. In the attached files you will find a instruction and the basic file I use during the process. rename the txt file to a kml file to be able to use it (renaming can be done in the app FileMaster
I also tested it on my android telephone and also the same file can be used

Attachments

• create waypoint session iPhone.pdf
    499 KB · Views: 8
  • basis file.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
According to replies from a post I made about altitude errors owing to negative altitudes when the drone was flying ~100 ft AGL, the elevation datum for the drone is the WGS ellipsoid. Check to see if that is the difference:

I was one of those who replied to your post. I am not sure if it is reporting your altitude as above ellipsoid. I was saying that it could be your issue. The Evo pro may be different than the Enterprise or Evo RTK.

With DJI most drones report MSL but drones that do have RTK report as above ellipsoid.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58