Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Altitude/Ultrasonic/ Downward OA issue with Autel Evo 2

AstroNoot

Reaction score
Hey guys! I own an Evo 2 8K since 5 days ago and I ran into an odd but really serious issue.
It seems like the ultrasonic sensors / downward OA sensors are acting up.

When I try and land, sometimes the motors wont shut down, and instead, slowly ramp up, but still, not enough to lift the drone from the ground. The only way to make them stop is to lift the drone back in the air and trigger the landing sequence again.
The bad thing is that the motors have the habit of shutting of too early, in such circumstances. So, instead of landing normally, they just stop at like 10-20 cm above the ground, making the drone land quite roughly.

One more issue is that the drone always seems to think i wanna land if my height is below 2 meters. I cant really keep the drone steady while flying it at low altitude. It's like its constantly trying to land.

I'm afraid that one day, the drone will just fall from a bigger height due to this issue.

It really makes me sad knowing I spent so much money on a drone, only for it to have such serious issues.

Did this happen to anyone else?

It's new correct?
Have you checked & removed all clear plastic protective film from the sensors?
Just a thought

It's new correct?
Have you checked & removed all clear plastic protective film from the sensors?
Just a thought
fixed my issue by doing the latest firmware update.
First time I tried it, OTA, it said it completed, but I noticed today that I still get the prompt to update. Tried updating OTA again, it failed, so I forced the update via the SD card method.

Now everything works fine! Even in the patch notes there was something about "Fixed negative altitude error", so, that must be it :)

And yes, everything was peeled off

Reactions: Rubik3x
fixed my issue by doing the latest firmware update.
First time I tried it, OTA, it said it completed, but I noticed today that I still get the prompt to update. Tried updating OTA again, it failed, so I forced the update via the SD card method.

Now everything works fine! Even in the patch notes there was something about "Fixed negative altitude error", so, that must be it :)

And yes, everything was peeled off
Based on the experiences of myself and many others, OTA updating is pretty volatile and prone to issues. Would recommend always using the SD card method to be safe.

Based on the experiences of myself and many others, OTA updating is pretty volatile and prone to issues. Would recommend always using the SD card method to be safe.
That's something it didn't tale me long to learn. It's kind of a pain when you have to do it for each battery, but it's still faster in the long run.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller