Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo 2 ATTI Mode

Troff

Reaction score
I’ve seen it mentioned before but thought I would try again if anyone has had any luck turning the magic off and flying manually in ATTI mode on the Evo 2? I have a flight review coming up for a Canadian license and one of the discussions/ exercises is to fly in ATTI MODE.
What to do? Is there no on/off?

Contact your flight reviewer for their opinion. Most flight reviewers are very approachable & want you to succeed. For my flight review I was not asked to fly in ATTI mode. Most drones no longer have that feature. For the EVO2, it goes into ATTI mode when there is no GPS signal, e.g. inside a building. Good luck, I’m sure the review will go well.

Contact your flight reviewer for their opinion. Most flight reviewers are very approachable & want you to succeed. For my flight review I was not asked to fly in ATTI mode. Most drones no longer have that feature. For the EVO2, it goes into ATTI mode when there is no GPS signal, e.g. inside a building. Good luck, I’m sure the review will go well.
Even inside the building, it switches to Starpoint. I think you can only fly it ATTI in pitch black conditions, with no GPS signal.

What to do? Is there no on/off?
To force ATTI mode outdoor you need 2 things:
- disable GPS by applying aluminum foil "hat" (like here);
- turn the Downward Vision Positioning off (Settings -> Visual Navigaion ->Advanved Settings)

Reactions: Nauty
Have flown many times indoor with no gps e.g. atti mode, works good, recommend the prop guards, also getting to know how the aircraft may drift and stay ahead of it (e.g. anticipate what it will do vs reacting) as well as watching the aircraft. Note that w/o GPS many of the special features wont work, have had good luck with timelapse, granted, with some slight movement, similar to outdoor in strong wind.

Reactions: John Hennessy
Have flown many times indoor with no gps e.g. atti mode, works good, recommend the prop guards, also getting to know how the aircraft may drift and stay ahead of it (e.g. anticipate what it will do vs reacting) as well as watching the aircraft. Note that w/o GPS many of the special features wont work, have had good luck with timelapse, granted, with some slight movement, similar to outdoor in strong wind.
Unless you flew in the dark, or turned off Downward Vision Positioning, as explained in post #4 above, you were not truly in ATTI mode. No GPS is not the same as ATTI mode when you are indoors, where the ground is close enough for DVP to control positioning.

Unless you flew in the dark, or turned off Downward Vision Positioning, as explained in post #4 above, you were not truly in ATTI mode. No GPS is not the same as ATTI mode when you are indoors, where the ground is close enough for DVP to control positioning.
I have flown indoors in very low light conditions high enough where the bottom light was off and ground conditions were less than ideal for DVP. Did I have to anticipate drift or movement of aircraft?

I have flown indoors in very low light conditions high enough where the bottom light was off and ground conditions were less than ideal for DVP. Did I have to anticipate drift or movement of aircraft?
Any light will assist the DVP, even though less than ideally. Try actually turning off DVP and see if it isn't more difficult to control, or fly completely in the dark. Point being, ATTI mode has no positional control and no braking, so it is best practiced outdoors with an expensive aircraft, where there are no hazards, and where it is most useful.

Any light will assist the DVP, even though less than ideally. Try actually turning off DVP and see if it isn't more difficult to control, or fly completely in the dark. Point being, ATTI mode has no positional control and no braking, so it is best practiced outdoors with an expensive aircraft, where there are no hazards, and where it is most useful.
You are correct in that best to learn "stick flying" and practice outdoors in a clear, open area on a calm day before trying indoors. Having had DJI P2s, P3s, P4s and the "switch" with ability to toggle in/out of ATTI/P mode made it easy to learn how to fly with just the sticks. Even today, I still use the ATTI mode switch on my P4P in some circumstances.

Key is getting a feel for how aircraft drifts and reacts to anticipate, stay ahead vs. having to react to what aircraft does. Braking is one example as you point out, also hover, does aircraft drift, when you rotate/yaw and stop, does aircraft torque continue the yaw etc. When ready for indoors, also do first time in an open area with high ceiling and prop guards. Btw, also for indoors, check your insurance policy as some do not cover indoor flights.

Reactions: G_G

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg