Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Care ...?

Sent mine from Puerto Rico past thursday and its already in WA en route to Autel HQ. Hope they do it quiclky as I did with all the procedure.

Sent mine from Puerto Rico past thursday and its already in WA en route to Autel HQ. Hope they do it quiclky as I did with all the procedure.
Drone arrived yesterday to the island ? Still waiting for USPS delivery ? was fast though!

Reactions: edgardcafe
yeah I'm starting to give up on the idea of this coverage since it feels a bit too expensive. I dunno, we'll see.

Poland. 6 days took me sending and got back my Aircraft from Germany service check. After that i bought Autela Care.

Just some info to throw out there. I called Autel to inquire about Autel Care in regards to the modular platform they advertise as a selling point for the EVO II series and coverage if you purchase multiple camera gimbals. They have no plan in place to cover any additional gimbals that you purchase. They will only cover the original purchase. So if you buy any platform and change the gimbal out from the original approved product and some misfortune occurs, no coverage. There are no plans in place to cover any additional purchased gimbals even though they promote the modularity of the EVO II series.

Just some info to throw out there. I called Autel to inquire about Autel Care in regards to the modular platform they advertise as a selling point for the EVO II series and coverage if you purchase multiple camera gimbals. They have no plan in place to cover any additional gimbals that you purchase. They will only cover the original purchase. So if you buy any platform and change the gimbal out from the original approved product and some misfortune occurs, no coverage. There are no plans in place to cover any additional purchased gimbals even though they promote the modularity of the EVO II series.
I know you said it several times but we should clarify:

you said "So if you buy any platform and change the gimbal out from the original approved product and some misfortune occurs, no coverage."

this is what you meant, correct? "So if you buy any platform and change the gimbal out from the original approved product and some misfortune occurs, no coverage on the gimbal that is not part of the original purchase."

...meaning, you are not implying that changing the gimbal voids the care service contract for the entire drone, right?

if so, I think they have to do it this way in case you buy the 8k and then simply swap to the thermal camera with is a more expensive plan, no?

• Wow
Reactions: PingSpike
Correct. They advertise modularity and when you purchase the other gimbals, you are still flying with whatever gimbal is attached that you payed for on top of the original platform. So say you buy a 6k gimbal, put it on, and it goes berserk....out of luck. They will ONLY COVER THE ORIGINAL APPROVED DRONE configuration per the CS representative I spoke to. It’s important to know for anyone thinking of purchasing the plan who own multiple gimbals. I was hoping to be able to send in both gimbals to be evaluated for coverage and there is no plan in place to do that.

Last edited:
Correct. They advertise modularity and when you purchase the other gimbals, you are still flying with whatever gimbal is attached that you payed for on top of the original platform. So say you buy a 6k gimbal, put it on, and it goes berserk....out of luck. They will ONLY COVER THE ORIGINAL APPROVED DRONE configuration per the CS representative I spoke to. It’s important to know for anyone thinking of purchasing the plan who own multiple gimbals. I was hoping to be able to send in both gimbals to be evaluated for coverage and there is no plan in place to do that.
growing pains for a new program. really should be one low price for the Autel Evo 2 and the Autel Evo 2 Pro regardless.

Yes. Time will tell. Maybe over time something will be established to encompass your complete purchase if you have more than one gimbal.

My USA version AEII 6K came with a 1 year warranty, standard. What more does one get for their money here, exactly? There's a ton of exclusions in the Autel Robotics Care terms. Is this some form of expedited or preferential 48 hr turnaround, or what? It's not a no-questions replacement policy near as I can tell. And it's roughly 25% of the cost of a whole new discounted drone bundle, til you replace the first drone. (Put another way: if this was non-manditory collision insurance on a $70K autonomous collision-avoiding automobile offered as a $9,500 option upfront good for 1 year only, and another $8,500 to get them to pay out for replacing it but only if in year one you need to exercise it--subject to conditional approval and returning damaged vehicle, etc would you take that bet and jump at it?).

Last edited:
My USA version AEII 6K came with a 1 year warranty, standard. What more does one get for their money here, exactly? There's a ton of exclusions in the Autel Robotics Care terms. Is this some form of expedited or preferential 48 hr turnaround, or what? It's not a no-questions replacement policy near as I can tell. And it's roughly 25% of the cost of a whole new discounted drone bundle, til you replace the first drone. (Put another way: if this was non-manditory collision insurance on a $70K autonomous collision-avoiding automobile offered as a $9,500 option upfront good for 1 year only, and another $8,500 to get them to pay out for replacing it but only if in year one you need to exercise it--subject to conditional approval and returning damaged vehicle, etc would you take that bet and jump at it?).
This was how one of their reps explained it to me verbatum
Hello

$189 for the Autel Care program(for the EVO 2 Pro)
$169 as your first deductible.
$199 second deductible.

The only stipulation is that we physically need the drone, camera, and remote sent back to use the care's program. EX if you flew over water and it could not be retrieved, you could not use the autel care's program. But if you flew into a building and you could send the pieces, you could use the Autel Care program.

The Autel Care's program does pay shipping to and from our facility.
Additionally it's a 48hr turn around once it get's to our facility and we ship another one to you via 2 day shipping.

Best,

Commercial Support Agent
www.autelrobotics.com

Also, They pay for shipping to and from...

the way I understand it, the warranty covers product defects. if your drone crashes to the ground because the motor malfunctioned and autel determines it's the fault of a motor design flaw, you can file for a warranty replacement. if you lose connect and the drone flys away and never return home and autel determines a software bug caused it, you may file for a warranty replacement. warranties are usually included free of charge, come with the product when purchased new, and are only valid in your country of origin. warranties in most countries are governed under laws and often have some degree of arbitration.

autel care is like a collision policy or a service policy or insurance policy that protects you from issues that arise which are not covered by a manufacturer's warranty. the terms are limited and you usually pay extra. you can get them from pretty much anyone who will offer one to you as they come from 3rd parties and insurance companies and even thru the retailer. autel care is pretty expensive but convenient for those who are highly risk adverse and want to keep it all in-house. there are advantages and disadvantage but the good news is if you have an accident and experience a hard landing and the gimbal snaps off or back over the drone with you car and crush it or you fish it from the bottom of the lake from last weekend or you allow your cousin to fly it and he flies into the side of a barn, it doesn't matter who's at fault, you get to pay a little bit more for a replacement. fail to replace the propeller properly and the blade flies off which hovering at 350 feet? battery comes flying out while you are speeding in super ludicrous mode because you didn't latch it in correctly? drone get tangled in the cables on the neighborhood power pole and before you can retrieve it, drone catches on fire? i think autel has you covered. they sure seem badly to want that remote back I guess because they are expensive and they can't let you have an extra.

compared to a car, the price is probably higher because of the low resale value of the drone and how quickly it depreciates, it's very expensive to repair and repair jobs are not as valuable/reliable as replacements, and the lifespan of a drone is in years and month not years and decades. and more importantly, these are truly no-fault policies, the renewal is guaranteed and it only costs you $30 extra no matter how irresponsible you are. I do agree the autel policy needs to explore a 2nd year option (similar to dji). I'm a good driver so I'm fine with a traditional insurance policy with all of it's twists and turns rather than an expensive bloated policy guaranteed to make me whole. my car driving down the road doesn't have to be perfect until the drone has to be nearly perfect since you can't really fly it with rattling, shakes, things out of balance, battery consuming at double the rate, certain electronics like gps not working.

This was how one of their reps explained it to me verbatum
Hello

$189 for the Autel Care program(for the EVO 2 Pro)
$169 as your first deductible.
$199 second deductible.

The only stipulation is that we physically need the drone, camera, and remote sent back to use the care's program. EX if you flew over water and it could not be retrieved, you could not use the autel care's program. But if you flew into a building and you could send the pieces, you could use the Autel Care program.

The Autel Care's program does pay shipping to and from our facility.
Additionally it's a 48hr turn around once it get's to our facility and we ship another one to you via 2 day shipping.

Best,

Commercial Support Agent
www.autelrobotics.com

Also, They pay for shipping to and from...
There are other exclusions that they quoted to me and as per the webpage I was directed to. Pass

I passed on Autel Care since the cost of membership was $190 plus 170 (deductable) for my EvoII Pro. Compared to the State Farm policy I purchased, the cost was $80+100 deductable and there was no requirement for habeas corpus before they would pay out (e.g. loss over water, wilderness, etc).

My Autel Robotics customer support adventure with Aute Care

1. I purchased Autel Evo II PRO + "Autel Care" from one retailer at the same time with the intention of bundling both products.
- purchase on April 2, 2021,
- due to the holiday season, the courier delivers Autel Evo II PRO + Autel Care on April 6, 2021

2. Activation
- at 23:23 on April 8, 2021 I activated the drone (confirmation email)
- after 23:30 on April 8 I tried to activate "Autel Care" which turned out to be impossible.
- at 01:28 on April 9, I am reporting a problem with activation (Ticket Received).

To activate Autel Care, I followed the seller's instructions: You can assign the insurance to a brand new drone or one in which 48 hours have not passed since the drone was activated.
So the time between activating the drone and reporting the problem to customer support about the inability to activate "Autel Care" is 2 hours.

After two weeks of email exchange, log sharing, proof of purchase sent, customer support response: Autel Care activation has exceeded 48 hours, please send the drone to repair center for evaluation.

As I mentioned, it lasted from April 9 to today (April 26), until I am afraid to think how long it will take them to verify the drone if I decide to send it.
On the other hand, what is my guarantee that after sending, they will enable activation of "Autel Care", after all, when I was buying, I was also supposed to be able to activate.

Purchased in Poland. Customer support - Europe

perhaps buying and activating in the bundle is still too new to get it right. did you expect it to come already activated or you were simply given the two together and you could go do it on your own, what was your expectation? if it's the latter and you didn't get a discount, I would have simply bought the drone and had gone thru the official autel process on the insurance. it's what I did.

you can actually buy the care insurance by paying the money for a code and you keep the code until you are ready to use it. when you decide to activate a new drone, you go to the autel website and match the code with the drone serial number. it takes 2 minutes to enter data and it's done. this is how it works in America, not sure about other countries. also I'm not 100% sure you can buy a code without first having to enter a valid drone serial number. I sat on my drone almost 30 days before I decided to light it up and then after I activated it, the next day I paired it with an autel care code that I purchased 2 weeks earlier. so I can't give you specifics on potential timing issues in the system.

In Poland, Autel Care is sold in the form of codes provided by the seller. The condition for activating Autel Care without sending the drone to a repair center is to activate Autel Care within 48 hours of activating the drone.

When buying a drone and Autel Care from one seller. I expected that by activating the drone and five minutes later by activating Autel Care everything would be successful. Unfortunately, this is not the case, to activate Autel Care, the drone must be sent to a repair center.

This is annoying and incompatible with what Autel Care retailers offer.

Hello, I am looking for a 3D stl print file for prop protector clips for an Evo 2 to print out.
Thank yoi

I just received my brand new Autel Evo II 640T thermal (Enterprise model). Obviously this is an Evo two model, but each time I try to purchase the Autel care insurance, it states it cannot bind and I am now 24 hours after activation. I tried and did email both support emails at both enterprise and add support@Autel but no one has responded to me. I’ve also called several times but the recording states “due to historic overwhelming number of telephone calls and emails, Customer Service will be closed from now until February 11“. This as well be on the 48 hours and so if anyone including me try to activate anything and had problems, Autel as literally close the customer service from Tuesday, February 9 through Monday, February 13 because they are not open on Saturdays or Sundays. ?!?!?!

I would be open to any suggestions, information, solutions, to see if I can get this very expensive $9000 bundle insured in the next 24 hours or less. Thank you all!

Keith

I just received my brand new Autel Evo II 640T thermal (Enterprise model). Obviously this is an Evo two model, but each time I try to purchase the Autel care insurance, it states it cannot bind and I am now 24 hours after activation. I tried and did email both support emails at both enterprise and add support@Autel but no one has responded to me. I’ve also called several times but the recording states “due to historic overwhelming number of telephone calls and emails, Customer Service will be closed from now until February 11“. This as well be on the 48 hours and so if anyone including me try to activate anything and had problems, Autel as literally close the customer service from Tuesday, February 9 through Monday, February 13 because they are not open on Saturdays or Sundays. ?!?!?!

I would be open to any suggestions, information, solutions, to see if I can get this very expensive $9000 bundle insured in the next 24 hours or less. Thank you all!

Keith
my suggestion is to send an email to the support team and get a support ticket open. when i sent an email they got back to me right away. this should help you with the timeline but im not sure what's going on with autel care and your device. i've read some other threads where autel need to help you directly with that. hope that helps.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials