Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Care ...?

sator

Reaction score
Hello,

I have bought my E2Pro a month ago, by the time Autel care was not available. I saw it is available now and it is stated it is for all users who bought aircraft in the past 12months so .... I decided to purchase it. It was a quick shot, paid 159$ and tried to register Aircraft with S/N. Failed through iPhone as it wrote "The number you have input is not available, please try again" so I tried on PC.

On PC the answer is: "Your aircraft S/N is not available for Autel Robotics Care, You must send in your EVO II or EVO II Pro for a functional evaluation to our repair team in Bothell, WA. For more details, please contact us at [email protected]"

How the .... Autel asks me to send aircraft from Poland to US?

Did anyone succeed to find other solution?? Meanwhile waiting for a response from support.

Happy New Year!

That's a little odd since we pay more for Autel products (looks like it is better to buy a unit in the US and cover shipment cost) but for sure the EU market is in the growing stage for Autel so I hope they will consider extending Care to the countries in the future.

Reactions: PingSpike
A bit of shame... Autel sells in the EU and e.g.in Poland, but the protection of Autel Care in Poland is not available, also in other EU countries. Do I need to send the drone to the USA to check the service? seriously??? After all, Autel has full information about the status of all active (after Activation) devices. After all, Autel can remotely process and Check the drone on the basis of logs sent to the Autel server with the consent of the user. Additionally, take pictures of the drone and send it.
it Is XXI century guys.

I want to buy Autel Care and i can't?

obviously I cannot speak to the operations and policies over at Autel so you will need to check with them for official details. maybe it's still a new program and Autel is only beginning to roll out the process to countries outside North America eventually. warranties and service contracts have to abide by international rules and policies so there's a little bit more to it than where you bought the drone and where you fly it and how you claim service; where you live and reside is a factor as well.

I live in Unites States and bought my Evo 2 pro 2 months ago, so I also tried to purchase the Autel care and got the same message "Your aircraft S/N is not available for Autel Robotics Care, You must send in your EVO II or EVO II Pro for a functional evaluation to our repair team in Bothell, WA. For more details, please contact us at [email protected]"
Last Friday, I sent one message to Autel Support, and I’m waiting them to replay me.

I live in Unites States and bought my Evo 2 pro 2 months ago, so I also tried to purchase the Autel care and got the same message "Your aircraft S/N is not available for Autel Robotics Care, You must send in your EVO II or EVO II Pro for a functional evaluation to our repair team in Bothell, WA. For more details, please contact us at [email protected]"
Last Friday, I sent one message to Autel Support, and I’m waiting them to replay me.
if it's anything like dji care refresh program, you will first need to prove your used drone is "insurable" in order to receive coverage. new [dji] drones can get immediate coverage within the first 48 hours but Autel will need to make sure your arm is not broken or you gimbal is not busted or your motors are not toast otherwise you could buy the insurance and then turnaround and make a claim. dji chooses to do this by having the owner make a video of their drone. the video is pretty comprehensive but it can be done easily and it seems to be mostly approved. I like the Autel method which allows you to ship your device. I wish dji would let you ship or at least bring the drone by one of their shops.

either way, the program is new at Autel and there are probably one or two people running it so they'll need time to ramp up. imagine if they received a dozen drones a day they had to fire up and fly to check them out and then send them back? do you send drone, battery, and remote? my limited understanding is the coverage goes for one year and your drone must still be under warranty which means in the next couple of months, many e2 drones will be ineligible for coverage. since I don't fly in the winter, my plan is to wait for the program to become fully established and we have all the facts and data and just before I plan to start flying again in the spring, send in my e2p so I can get maximum coverage until spring 2022. also I'd like to know if there is an e3 coming soon which would affect my decision as well.

would be nice if Autel could grandfather e2 drones purchased in the last 9 months and waive the inspection and allow you to sign up online and get immediate coverage if even for 6 month half price. maybe they can take a look at the flight logs and you have to sent a hi-res photo, I dunno.

if it's anything like dji care refresh program, you will first need to prove your used drone is "insurable" in order to receive coverage. new [dji] drones can get immediate coverage within the first 48 hours but Autel will need to make sure your arm is not broken or you gimbal is not busted or your motors are not toast otherwise you could buy the insurance and then turnaround and make a claim. dji chooses to do this by having the owner make a video of their drone. the video is pretty comprehensive but it can be done easily and it seems to be mostly approved. I like the Autel method which allows you to ship your device. I wish dji would let you ship or at least bring the drone by one of their shops.

either way, the program is new at Autel and there are probably one or two people running it so they'll need time to ramp up. imagine if they received a dozen drones a day they had to fire up and fly to check them out and then send them back? do you send drone, battery, and remote? my limited understanding is the coverage goes for one year and your drone must still be under warranty which means in the next couple of months, many e2 drones will be ineligible for coverage. since I don't fly in the winter, my plan is to wait for the program to become fully established and we have all the facts and data and just before I plan to start flying again in the spring, send in my e2p so I can get maximum coverage until spring 2022. also I'd like to know if there is an e3 coming soon which would affect my decision as well.

would be nice if Autel could grandfather e2 drones purchased in the last 9 months and waive the inspection and allow you to sign up online and get immediate coverage if even for 6 month half price. maybe they can take a look at the flight logs and you have to sent a hi-res photo, I dunno.
I won’t send my drone to Autel Care to check it. Will be easier to shoot a video like DJI. I have a Mavic 2 Zoom and a Mavic Mini all with DJI care refresh. So, let’s see what Autel will replay to me.

Be advised there is a 6 week turn around time! And this is only available for 1 year time frame - it is essentially a liability policy with Autel, spoke to CS on this issue yesterday. All other comments above are correct, US only, 48hours or older must go to WA for inspection.

Reactions: edgardcafe
I have read that some people buy State Farm insurance, so I don’t know if it is good deal or not.
LOL dont do that - I am a licensed insurance bubba in Florida. I do litigated disputes in 1st and 3 party and liability lawsuits and good luck to ya, it is good if you fly your drone into a 2 million dollar condo on the 24th floor in Brickell in downtown Miami, FL so the policy can then pay and THEN your drone isn't usually covered as it is the "cause of the loss". I would only get the policy if you need liability for work (usually if not higher) a $50,000.00 deductible (before the policy pays out) and then you better be prepared to show you have 40 hours of flight logs that can be verified as the policy usually requires a min standard of flight hours. For all the NEY Sayers send me a copy of your license and logs and we can then talk. I am quite positive a lawyer will go after the Errors and Omissions policy (That you dont have) because you will have a lawsuit coming out both sides of your ears! (Not that I have to done this work before . . . HMM) ( and oh yeah, I worked for State Farm for 8 years in litigated disputes. Go figure, Good hands and good neighbors ??

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL dont do that - I am a licensed insurance bubba in Florida. I do litigated disputes 1st and 3 party and liability and good luck to ya, because you better rip someone's head off then fly into a 2 million dollar condo on the 24th floor in Brickell in downtown Miami, FL. I would only get the policy if you need liability and then there is a (usually if not higher) $50,000.00 deductible and then you better be prepared to show you have 40 hours of flight logs that can be verified as the policy usually requires a min standard of flight hours. For all the NEY Sayers send me a copy of your license and logs and we can then talk. I am quite positive a lawyer will go after the Errors and Omissions policy (That you dont have) because you will have a lawsuit coming out both sides of your ears! (Not that I have to do this before . . . HMM)

I would not buy StateFarm insurance, and I also live in Florida -Fort Lauderdale. Actually, I always try my best to fly in isolated areas and always take good care of my things, but we never know when things happen, finger crossed!

btw, I purchased and insured my DJI Mavic 2 zoom with State Farm insurance.
I crashed it and I filed a claim.
I purchased and insured by Autel EVO 2 with State Farm insurance.
So I have first hand knowledge of my own personal experience and ymmv depending on your situation/agent/geography/etc.
let me know if you would like to know the rest of the story or the details but the short is:

1.insurance covers loss to the drone.
2.premium about $65/year.
3.crashed and totaled my covered drone, they sent me a check for the amount I paid for the drone (starting the coverage required a bill of sale receipt only for brand new drone); not required to return the broken pieces since photos are sufficient.
4.bought another m2z refurb but decided not to insure it but instead I sought to insure the e2p.
5.three months into the policy, State Farm cancelled and returned the premium and said "one prior claim is enough; no longer eligible."

btw, I purchased and insured my DJI Mavic 2 zoom with State Farm insurance.
I crashed it and I filed a claim.
I purchased and insured by Autel EVO 2 with State Farm insurance.
So I have first hand knowledge of my own personal experience and ymmv depending on your situation/agent/geography/etc.
let me know if you would like to know the rest of the story or the details but the short is:

1.insurance covers loss to the drone.
2.premium about $65/year.
3.crashed and totaled my covered drone, they sent me a check for the amount I paid for the drone (starting the coverage required a bill of sale receipt only for brand new drone); not required to return the broken pieces since photos are sufficient.
4.bought another m2z refurb but decided not to insure it but instead I sought to insure the e2p.
5.three months into the policy, State Farm cancelled and returned the premium and said "one prior claim is enough; no longer eligible."
Glad they paid off, it does depend on demographics, the adjuster is a major player also. I usually do only the horror stories in my line of work so it is nice to hear that, I think we got confused with a lability policy and machine coverage type policy, Folks need to aware of the two types and might be an new thread here soon!

Reactions: waltermitty
I won’t send my drone to Autel Care to check it. Will be easier to shoot a video like DJI. I have a Mavic 2 Zoom and a Mavic Mini all with DJI care refresh. So, let’s see what Autel will replay to me.
TYPO CORRECTION IT IS A PERSONAL LIABILITY AIRCRAFT TYPE COVERAGE, DOES NOT COVER THE DAMAGE TO BUILDINGS OR OTHERS JUST THE DRONE based off your negligence! Sorry! You trash the drone they fix if it is YOUR FAULT. Warranty issues you wouldn't need this.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy