Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Attitude Indicator

Bill Dunnuck

Reaction score
DJI has attitude indicator instruments in all their apps. This is a very useful instrument used to tell directionn of aircraft as well as pitch and roll information. It’s a key instrument in real flying. I’ve been told that Evo has an attitude indicator as well but I’m unable to find it.
Anyone know about this?
Bill Dunnuck

It's the little circle with the red pointer in it... Might only be in the explorer app when your phone is connected though. But it's there.

I think that’s a North up, Heads up indicator??

Nope. Click on it and it comes up and shows direction craft is facing and the little fill area tells you angle. I didn't realize what it was until I started reviewing my flight logs. But there is some lag. I wouldn't use it to fly blind.

I’m looking at 3 small circles the top one has an N. This is north up indicator. Where is attitude indicator.?

If I touch the N button, it switches from north up to heads up Map will then spin as you turn phone.

If I touch the N button, it switches from north up to heads up Map will then spin as you turn phone.

If you go into your flight logs.. it's there, on screen when you view your flight... i just viewed some....But I swear I've had it on my screen during flight. I need to hook up to the bird.. it's at work. Very interesting...

Just read the app manual.. no mention! I'm guessing it's only in the flight logs. Good find, should be an easy enough update for them.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned that there is a directional arrow in the controller screen ie OLED screen. I can’t find that one. In my opinion, Autel should do the same as DJI. Attitude indicator simple to understand, simple to use and effective.

Reactions: Hysteresis
Someone mentioned that there is a directional arrow in the controller screen ie OLED screen. I can’t find that one. In my opinion, Autel should do the same as DJI. Attitude indicator simple to understand, simple to use and effective.

Yep... I guess it only shows it in the logs. But there it is in the center.. Shows the direction of the craft relative to the position on the map, and the grey line indicates pitch and y'all... (It's pronounced Y'all where I'm from. )

I agree, it should be part of the HUD.

Screenshot_20181217-093529.jpg

Yeah, i agree, attitude indications is very useful, in fact i never used map, because im always flying offline so i have no maps cashed in the phone, so im always using this instrument for navigation, in P4 i mean :) this definitely should be always on screen feature :)

Reactions: mixchief
Yeah, i agree, attitude indications is very useful, in fact i never used map, because im always flying offline so i have no maps cashed in the phone, so im always using this instrument for navigation, in P4 i mean :) this definitely should be always on screen feature :)

I was certain I had seen it... Now I'm a little upset that it isn't available for flight, just review.
I know I'll want it after I get familiarized to the point I feel comfortable going eyes off for an extended period.

Yep... I guess it only shows it in the logs. But there it is in the center.. Shows the direction of the craft relative to the position on the map, and the grey line indicates pitch and y'all... (It's pronounced Y'all where I'm from. )

I agree, it should be part of the HUD.

View attachment 3142
Please verify which version of the Explorer App this is that is being displayed here. My app looks nothing like this. I've never seen the attitude indicator nor have I seen the camera symbols or the big numbers in the blue circles. I have recently updated to the most recent release of the app and still don't see this stuff. I can't even view flight logs. When a flight is over and after I shut things down then the logs are gone. What's going on? I"m using iPhone 6s Plus.

I have. 6 plus as well. With everything connected there is a log tab on the left hand side of the screen. It will not open. The DJI system allows you to review your logs and photos without connecting drone and controller. So much better. I have sent Evo a note questioning the lack of a attitude indicator and the inability to open logs.
Bill Dunnuck

Please verify which version of the Explorer App this is that is being displayed here. My app looks nothing like this. I've never seen the attitude indicator nor have I seen the camera symbols or the big numbers in the blue circles. I have recently updated to the most recent release of the app and still don't see this stuff. I can't even view flight logs. When a flight is over and after I shut things down then the logs are gone. What's going on? I"m using iPhone 6s Plus.

That is a screen shot of one of my flight logs. I use Android. Newest Version of the explorer app. On my screen at the beginning where it says GoFly, any the top right is a button tab with a silhouette that takes you to profile where I can view my logs and devices. Not sure about iOS

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmccaskill