Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

ATTI mode

YuKay

Reaction score
My EVO arrives imminently and as a total novice, I have a lot of learning to do. Is ATTI now active (I read here that it wasn't a few months ago)? If it is, I need to learn how to use it but I'm not keen to practice it until I have a few runs under my belt. So, in case I need it in an emergency, I would be grateful for any ATTI handling tips for noobs.

Also, I read somewhere else that ATTI mode is smoother and therefore produces better video. Can that be true? (Obviously it wouldn't be true in my case.)

My EVO arrives imminently and as a total novice, I have a lot of learning to do. Is ATTI now active (I read here that it wasn't a few months ago)? If it is, I need to learn how to use it but I'm not keen to practice it until I have a few runs under my belt. So, in case I need it in an emergency, I would be grateful for any ATTI handling tips for noobs.

Also, I read somewhere else that ATTI mode is smoother and therefore produces better video. Can that be true? (Obviously it wouldn't be true in my case.)
if you fly indoors most likely you will be in ATTI mode, I don't think it is written in the newest public firmware or app yet.

Not easy to practice ATTI outdoors then... unless it's possible to force an automatic switch into ATTI? Does this not happen if/when the EVO loses GPS?

Not easy to practice ATTI outdoors then... unless it's possible to force an automatic switch into ATTI? Does this not happen if/when the EVO loses GPS?
It does. There was a method Russians had "developed" to keep DJI drones from picking up any GPS sat info in order to bypassNFZs, there they covered the top of the craft with aluminum foil as even if set to ATTI they still receive GPS, maybe you can try that.

Reactions: YuKay
Just be very careful flying, make sure it's a wide open space and if you do the foil trick, make sure it's well secured so it doesn't fly off into the props.

No worries - I'm a long way short of opting in to ATTI test flights. But, until then, I would be grateful for any handling tips in the event that ATTI should kick in unexpectedly. Would the Home command still work? I gather that obstacle avoidance stops working …and that the EVO would no longer be able to hold position in a wind…and that the craft would fall (or climb) to the ATTI height of 30m - which presumably I could override with the sticks?

Reactions: mixchief
No worries - I'm a long way short of opting in to ATTI test flights. But, until then, I would be grateful for any handling tips in the event that ATTI should kick in unexpectedly. Would the Home command still work? I gather that obstacle avoidance stops working …and that the EVO would no longer be able to hold position in a wind…and that the craft would fall (or climb) to the ATTI height of 30m - which presumably I could override with the sticks?
I don't think OA will disable in any mode except ludicrous, it has nothing to do with GPS positioning, also your downward sensors will probably still be active so it won't be merciless, however the wind will bully it a bit. If I were you, I would by=uy a cheap $50 toy to practice with, that's what I do so I'm not totally inet in case of an emergency. even though I still freak when something deviates from my plan. I don't think rth will work as the bird will not have any way to see where it took off from, That's I guess one of the reasons when you choose ATTi on a DJI drone it still acquires sats.

The XSP will drift backwards a lot, not sure what the EVO will do but I suspect it will drift in some direction even with no wind. Knowing how to fly without GPS control is a good thing. Everyone should learn it. Knowing how to return to home without training wheels will make you a better pilot.
I spent a lot of time flying 50 dollar UAV's with out any kind of GPS or alt. hold and I think I could recover pretty quickly from a loss of GPS and fly home.

Practice in a open field. Its not that hard.

I've just checked in the manual and it says that automatic landing still works in ATTI (if below 10m) but needs monitoring in case of drift. That's presumably done via the Starpoint positioning system/Barometer sensor. It also states that OA is disabled…

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials