Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Assistance needed - I'd appreciate some guidance...

Dan AISCF

Reaction score
Website
www.aiscforlando.com
For the past few months, my Evo I had been our main drone, as I was in the middle of selling off 2/3 of our fleet. I actually just recently ended up getting an Air 2S to replace our Phantom 4 Pro+. With that move, our OG Evo went on backup duty. I decided to charge all the batts and turn it on this past weekend. Everything seemed fine, although I did notice Battery number 4 was slightly swollen...so I retired it.

Fast forward to this evening. I turned everything on again, so I could set all the batteries to an updated discharge timeframe and updated the explorer app on both my iPhone XR and Samsung S20 phones. After that I hooked the Samsung up and I could not change any of the camera options...none of them. Shutter, ISO, Resolution... everything said N/A, although the camera image was showing live (albeit washed out) on my phone(s). When I went to touch ISO it said it couldn't change because it was in Auto mode and when I went to touch EV it said it couldn't because it was in Manual mode. So I shut everything down and plugged in my iPhone XR. The EXACT same thing happened ver batem. After spending like an hour uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting devices, changing USB C and Lightening cables, etc., a firmware update came up and I ran it.... still the same thing. The only way I was able to change any camera settings was to use the actual RC while not connected to external device.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? I have to have the camera in-app working, so I can hav a viable backup at our jobs in case something happens to our new main drone.

Thanks in advance for any ideas on this!

Check your cable from your phone to the controller.
Not your exact problem but
Last year had a connection problem and after spending some time
trouble shooting, I found the cable had to be "Nudged" slightly to get a connection.
I replaced the cable and no further problem.
Somewhere in my past posts I posted cable replacement options.

Reactions: jamess336
Check your cable from your phone to the controller.
Not your exact problem but
Last year had a connection problem and after spending some time
trouble shooting, I found the cable had to be "Nudged" slightly to get a connection.
I replaced the cable and no further problem.
Somewhere in my past posts I posted cable replacement options.
Thanks for taking the time out to read and reply. It's appreciated. I actually used 4 different cables and 2 different devices, all with the same results. After posting in an Autel FB Group, an Autel Employee told us there is a problem with the App and they are getting tons of emails on this very issue with us OG Evo guys. Waiting for an ETA or new release. Thanks again.

Reactions: jamess336
That latest app update acted the same for me. I installed a different version and everything is working fine

Most versions of the Android apps can be found here on this forum:
All Explorer App Versions, Firmwares, & Manuals
Thank you very much! I'll install one of the older ones this weekend. Do you have a specific one you'd personally recommend? As this is just my back-up now, I'm not too picky, as long as it and my batteries work when I eventually do need to use it... Thanks

Thank you very much! I'll install one of the older ones this weekend. Do you have a specific one you'd personally recommend? As this is just my back-up now, I'm not too picky, as long as it and my batteries work when I eventually do need to use it... Thanks

I know a lot of people will say 1.0.1.45 is the sweet spot, but I saw some errors with that one, so I personally use 1.1.3.0.
I have the Galaxy S20.

Reactions: Dan AISCF
For the past few months, my Evo I had been our main drone, as I was in the middle of selling off 2/3 of our fleet. I actually just recently ended up getting an Air 2S to replace our Phantom 4 Pro+. With that move, our OG Evo went on backup duty. I decided to charge all the batts and turn it on this past weekend. Everything seemed fine, although I did notice Battery number 4 was slightly swollen...so I retired it.

Fast forward to this evening. I turned everything on again, so I could set all the batteries to an updated discharge timeframe and updated the explorer app on both my iPhone XR and Samsung S20 phones. After that I hooked the Samsung up and I could not change any of the camera options...none of them. Shutter, ISO, Resolution... everything said N/A, although the camera image was showing live (albeit washed out) on my phone(s). When I went to touch ISO it said it couldn't change because it was in Auto mode and when I went to touch EV it said it couldn't because it was in Manual mode. So I shut everything down and plugged in my iPhone XR. The EXACT same thing happened ver batem. After spending like an hour uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting devices, changing USB C and Lightening cables, etc., a firmware update came up and I ran it.... still the same thing. The only way I was able to change any camera settings was to use the actual RC while not connected to external device.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? I have to have the camera in-app working, so I can hav a viable backup at our jobs in case something happens to our new main drone.

Thanks in advance for any ideas on this!
Sorry I don't have the solution. Just the comment that my Evo 1 flew perfectly for 6 whole months without a phone, which is exactly why I bought it. (But don't forget your reading glasses!).

I know a lot of people will say 1.0.1.45 is the sweet spot, but I saw some errors with that one, so I personally use 1.1.3.0.
I have the Galaxy S20.
Saw your post in the other thread (changed my name from DJSureShot) and your steps were PERFECT. Worked flawlessly. Sadly, my iPhone is set at the incorrect version of the Autel App, however, My S20+ and Galaxy Tab are my main devices (iPhone's a backup) and they are chugging right along perfectly...

Reactions: chowland
I have the same issue and have come to realize that if I go into the camera settings page and reset the camera, everything returns to a working state. I just do this each time that I power up the drone. I am waiting patiently for a software fix in the application but thought this was a pretty straight forward workaround.

msl

I have the same issue and have come to realize that if I go into the camera settings page and reset the camera, everything returns to a working state. I just do this each time that I power up the drone. I am waiting patiently for a software fix in the application but thought this was a pretty straight forward workaround.

msl
Are you on Android or iOs? There is a great rollback thread that helped me a LOT for my Android devices. However, I THINK I read somewhere recently that their was a recent update that eliminates the issue now completely... Just can't remember where I saw it or which OS it applies to...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga