Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

App Updates Coming Soon

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Posted from Autel on their facebook page.

"
Lets talk beta app update...

We are nearing the next beta app update for both iOS and Android and I wanted to share the major features you will be seeing.

* Offline Mission Planner - you will have the ability to create waypoint missions away from the flight location and to give them meaningful names

* Social Media Share - share your images and videos to your social media directly from the app. In some cases you will need to have the aircraft on (for example to download imaged) so keep this in mind as you use it.

* Flight log improvements - flight logs continue to be worked on, this update corrects the mixed small/large icons (all small) and future updates will add capabilities to view all images in thumbnail by touching the photo icon.

* iOS only - Find my X-Star. A new icon on the flight screen will show the last flight path and flight information which should help you track downed aircrafts. This feature will be in the next Android update (not this one).

More coming; We plan to release app updates more frequently, every 3-4 months and some exciting new features are already nearing completion for the next update in a few months."

Reactions: ldcsurvey and fundy
I have a Android system and it will say a App update is available only because i don't have auto update set. That way I get to decide if I want the update. The Starlink app will not tell you if it needs updating. Your phone\tablet operating system should say if it updated the app or if you need to give permission to update.

I have a Android system and it will say a App update is available only because i don't have auto update set. That way I get to decide if I want the update. The Starlink app will not tell you if it needs updating. Your phone\tablet operating system should say if it updated the app or if you need to give permission to update.
Yep, makes sense. Just like any other app in the play store.

Thanks for the update.

A few questions come to mind. I will be looking for the following. My priority will be the way points route name, elevation and distance

Navigation
ability to display user areas of interest or flight lines superimposed on the map or satellite image. ( perhaps import a google earth KMZ file)​

Way Points
set waypoints beyond 1600 feet from takeoff point. (Perhaps only works if return to home on signal loss is functional)
set elevations above 396 feet. (keeps us folks in the hills out of the trees)
assign/change selected way points a given altitude one at a time or in batch as same altitude.
name a saved way point route/mission with user defined name.
save a planned route with way points without having to fly.
a library of way points which can be used for multiple routes .
rename way point numbers​
Photos
Add ability to take photos at a given distance apart along a route. (typical stereo requirement and more accurate than time interval)
More control over ISO/exposure.
Different focal length lens availability.
swath camera option instead of frame. ( may have limited customer interest vs. expense issues)​

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials