Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Anyone know of upgrades/ mods for EVO II

JuanPablo

Reaction score
I have found the Autel EVO II to be an exceptionally boring drone when compared to other major brands and even the EVO I. Google "Upgrades" for that other major drone brand and you will find a rich aftermarket community offering a variety parts, including carbon fiber rotors and shells, skins, electronic upgrades. A similar search for the EVO II turns up nothing. What is the cause of this? Is it Autel & patent protection (that's rich) or is it us as a community?

Autel did win a patent infringement suit against DJI for their propeller QR design (and Air 2S debuted with different prop QR afterwards). I expect this is why Master Airscrew hasn't marketed Autel knockoff QR props. The Autel Evo II Low Noise propellers are quite good enough, however, so it could be that too.

Last edited:
I wanted a foxfury lighting kit for my drone but I have no money so I duct taped an LED flashlight to the bottom once. Very easy mod to do.

I've had my E2P for about 2 years now and the only thing I've been focused on is utilizing the features safely and not crash. One thing I've been keeping my eye out for is a cargo drop device which suits my needs and budget. Other than that, I'm still having fun learning as the E2P is my first flying toy of any kind in about 50 yrs. Much has changed. :)

I wanted a foxfury lighting kit for my drone but I have no money so I duct taped an LED flashlight to the bottom once. Very easy mod to do.
okay, now you've got me thinking about lighting hacks. Lighting has evolved the past year and they now have 'laser excited phosphor' LEP lights which can be quite compact. I picked up an Olight Valkyrie Turbo a couple of weeks back for $120. It is a 5 oz, jumbo chewing gum size light, featuring 250lm, approx 5º focused beam, with a 3-400 meter throw. Doodling on a pad now to see if this can be retrofitted to the drone as more of an SAR application

Last edited:
There are PPK devices that give your drone better accuracy for 2d/3d mapping. It’s around $1200.

The Evo 2 is perfect in every way what we should be asking is what mods can we do to ourselves to make us fly it better

Reactions: aebiv

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo