Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Anyone heard anything from Autel regarding EU Certification

soks

Reaction score
I mean anything other than "it's in progress". I have gut feeling that autel will not deliver. Not a month left until Lite+ will be almost unusable in urbanized area at it's current state.

I mean anything other than "it's in progress". I have gut feeling that autel will not deliver. Not a month left until Lite+ will be almost unusable in urbanized area at it's current state.
What do you mean by unusable

In accordance to EASA, drones without classification fall into A3 subcategory. Means you have keep 150m horizontally from building /people. Practically impossible to achieve in cities

Last edited:
I was thinking of buying one for a building inspection. I guess thats not going to work. is the evo2 the same way?

In accordance to EASA, drones without classification fall into A3 subcategory. Means you have keep 150m horizontally from building /people. Practically impossible to achieve in cities
Will there be a restriction to the drone like geo fencing or you're just not suppose to fly near buildings?

With the permission of the building owner or residents you can still get it in the air and get closer than 150m to buildings. However it's going to be a lot more paperwork to have all those permissions at some Urban sites, paperwork especially applies in the German speaking countries. However my main worry there is the liability insurance will then not cover you should something bad happen. They will simply try to claim you were not keeping enough distance. So this could get more complicated. Existing models listed as end-of-life like Evo 2 V1 and V2 will not receive their CE certificates afterwards. I think the same will be the case for the Lite+ and so on. Autel is not interested in keeping the existing customer base happy. They just expect us to buy new drones rather sooner than later.

With the permission of the building owner or residents you can still get it in the air and get closer than 150m to buildings. However it's going to be a lot more paperwork to have all those permissions at some Urban sites, paperwork especially applies in the German speaking countries. However my main worry there is the liability insurance will then not cover you should something bad happen. They will simply try to claim you were not keeping enough distance. So this could get more complicated. Existing models listed as end-of-life like Evo 2 V1 and V2 will not receive their CE certificates afterwards. I think the same will be the case for the Lite+ and so on. Autel is not interested in keeping the existing customer base happy. They just expect us to buy new drones rather sooner than later.
So if I were looking for a drone I should be looking at a evo3?

Imagine, who would buy autel again, after being screwed like that. I would sure go for DJI.
Lite+ is still sold here in EU, that's really bad if no certification will be issued 👎

Last edited:
Asked them a couple of times, they said the certification is "in progress" - no info on which uas are "in progress" and when it's going to be done.
I'm not holding my breath, I've already accepted the fact that I have to dish out 5k for a new DJI M3E in January.
*edit: checking this list daily, unfortunately no autel listed here yet: Open Category - Civil Drones | EASA

Last edited:
What does that even mean? I do think see any categories in this pdf. Anyone could explain, please?

Declaration of Conformity ≠ EASA C-Class marking
The link above is not relevant to the topic

Reactions: soks
Any Update on the certification? Legally, they are not entitled to sell any drones in the EU starting from 1 January 2024 without certification.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34