Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Any of you folks using airdata with your Evo II -- especially Evo II V2?

uberamd

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Resident complainer here :)

Curious if any of you use Airdata to look at your Evo 2 flights? And if so, are you seeing really poor signal on the signal map -- specifically with the V2 drone?

I ask because my new, just opened Evo 2 Pro V2 -- which is almost always at 4/5 OR LESS signal bars regardless of how far I am from my drone, shows as never being above 55% on the uplink/downlink signal on AirData:
Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 8.53.55 PM.png

This is my second Autel Evo 2 Pro V2, my first also displayed the same on AirData:

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 8.54.52 PM.png

Contrast this to my Evo 1:
Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 8.55.40 PM.png

This makes me think that perhaps the Evo 2 V2 isn't being accurately reflected on AirData. But also, since I've been having pretty garbage signal quality, I don't want to just assume thats the problem without checking with others, especially those with the V2 drone, to see if their experience is similar.

Seeing a pixelated FPV video feed when your drone is 100' away, and a 53% signal quality on airdata, has me wondering if the data is bad, the drone is bad, or if I have wifi interference pumping through my veins so all my signal problems are just my own fault :)

Thanks for reading!

You are not alone, but Autel is aware of this and it is working to fix,
I can confirm that signal strenght was almost fixed (it need to be optimized)
We have to wait for FPV video feed fix (fluttering (pixelated) issue) a while ...

You are not alone, but Autel is aware of this and it is working to fix,
I can confirm that signal strenght was almost fixed (it need to be optimized)
We have to wait for FPV video feed fix (fluttering (pixelated) issue) a while ...
Is this a fix for both V1 and V2 versions, or only the V2 version of the EVO 2 Pro? My V1 version is at roughly 50% uplink and downlink on Airdata whenever it is more than 2,500 feet away!

Is this a fix for both V1 and V2 versions, or only the V2 version of the EVO 2 Pro? My V1 version is at roughly 50% uplink and downlink on Airdata whenever it is more than 2,500 feet away!
I am talking about V2 version.
But I have nevere experienced any bad connection in V1

I use Air Data with my DJI and Autel, have seen some low signals on some missions and not others. Have also noticed that the low signals tend to be when there is some type of RF interference, e.g. remember to put your device into airplane mode, have also seen where a livedeck next to a controller has caused some slight interference. Also noticed some interference from my trucks wifi when it was on (it was cold, so had truck running as flew from next to it). Otoh, have seen pop ups on controller saying weak gps, yet nothing in the logs, likewise have seen pops about RF or other interference however not in the log (hint, dont fly to low and close to speakers/sound amplification equipment ;) ).

Reactions: lukappaseidue

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials