Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Any bigger batteries for NANO+?

tzuridis

Reaction score
2250 mAH is a bit small, the 25+ minutes of flight time has never actually been that long for me (more like 15-20). By the time I get the drone in place for video/pictures I am at like 50%

Has anyone ever seen inside a battery? Is it possible to perhaps attach bigger battery in some way? Perhaps glued to the bottom of the drone?

i haven't seen a bigger battery solution for the nano. it is likely anything significantly larger would take it over teh 250g limit which is why a larger battery wouldn't be as popular. still, i understand the need since the mini 3 pro (with bigger battery) lasts long time.

How come Mini 3 Pro can achieve so much higher flying time at the same weight?

[EDIT is it 31 or 34 minutes with the Mini 3 Pro?]

Is 31 vs 28 minutes so much? That's 10.7% more claimed time, but I've never heard of a reviewer putting them to a side-by-side test. So what is the difference really?

Although 'made in china' claimed battery capacity should be suspect to everyone by now, we can compare what the manufacturers claim:

DJI Mini 3 Pro battery 80.1 Grams, 2453 mAh. 7.39V, 18.1 Wh
Autel Nano+ battery 82.3 gr. (my scale), 2250 mAh, 7.7V, 17.32 Wh

So the DJI battery claims 4.50% more watt hours at 97.3% of the weight, for a power to weight advantage of 1.0557x over the Nano+ battery.

With a 5% difference these are in the same performance class, and only controlled experiments could provide an accurate comparison.

Where could the 5% remaining difference come from?
In descending order of significance, I estimate:
- the current drain of processors, sensors, camera, radios
- the flight controller's ability to minimize power losses in flight corrections
- the ESC providing power to the motors
- the motors themselves (tradeoffs between cost, robustness, power and efficiency)
- the prop blades

Someone with both units could put them into a hover side-by-side, in a no-wind situation, then countermand the low-battery landing, and see when they drop (onto a mattress).

It's likely DJI has considerably more engineering resources to throw at the problem.

It's unlikely you have the ability to make improvements to the Nano+ flight time but you can adapt your flight planning to your hardware and situational possibilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: loyukfai
You're right. I mixed up with the extended battery of the Mini 3 Pro.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain