Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Another EVO Promo

Whats with the roll eyes face? If we do not hold companies accountable for doing dumb things in the name of making money then who will? Not the endangered species that Autel seemed to not care about. People need to wake up. There is a reason they are endangered. If you care then educate yourself and listen to people that actually have been there done it like @HiloHawaiian.

No way a small quiet drone is more intrusive than adult humans trying to act stealthy dressed in whatever filming on that beach! The operators of that drone were probably 1/2 mile or more away. The turtles didn't even notice that little drone...but they do notice humans.

There is absolutely no common sense in this discussion.

Reactions: Fly-a-holic
My younger brother visited the Cayman Islands on his honeymoon, he told me about a resteraunt with sea turtle on the menu. I guess it's kinda hard for me to get upset about someone filming them from above when you can fly south and eat as many of them as you want.

Ps- For the low, low price of $200 you can have one released back into the wild! That way you can ease your conscience after you've devoured one.

There is absolutely no common sense in this discussion.
Ignorance is bliss. I didn’t know jack about sea turtles (or many other animals) until I did some work for conservation groups. You don’t know what you don’t know, until experts tell you what they’ve learned over time. It has little to do with human-based “common sense”. Wild creature sense lacks reason or logic. Over time, scientists develop approved methods for approaching/monitioring species — and they never stop modifying them. Evidently, like many animals & birds, turtles will tolerate or have adapted to, certain levels of restricted human encroachment — like me underwater. Who knew?

Flying objects isn’t one of them. It’s one of many reasons we can’t fly in National Parks or Preserves. Whether it’s sound or shadows, “death from above” is hard-wired into many terrestrial creatures, even amphibians. If not, it’s certainly an unknown, which equals danger — they often spook. How do you react when something suddenly, unexpectedly, flies directly over you? Even something small? A moving shadow on the ground you didn’t hear coming? You duck instinctively... If you’re mating, LOL, you stop...

My younger brother visited the Cayman Islands on his honeymoon, he told me about a resteraunt with sea turtle on the menu. I guess it's kinda hard for me to get upset about someone filming them from above when you can fly south and eat as many of them as you want.

Ps- For the low, low price of $200 you can have one released back into the wild! That way you can ease your conscience after you've devoured one.
The Cayman Gov’t makes money from exploiting endangered species. This Turtle Tourist Center Also Raises Endangered Turtles for Meat

Last edited:
Ignorance is bliss. I didn’t know jack about sea turtles (or many other animals) until I did some work for conservation groups. You don’t know what you don’t know, until experts tell you what they’ve learned over time. It has little to do with human-based “common sense”. Wild creature sense lacks reason or logic. Over time, scientists develop approved methods for approaching/monitioring species — and they never stop modifying them. Evidently, like many animals & birds, turtles will tolerate or have adapted to, certain levels of restricted human encroachment — like me underwater. Who knew?

Flying objects isn’t one of them. It’s one of many reasons we can’t fly in National Parks or Preserves. Whether it’s sound or shadows, “death from above” is hard-wired into many terrestrial creatures, even amphibians. If not, it’s certainly an unknown, which equals danger — they often spook. How do you react when something suddenly, unexpectedly, flies directly over you? Even something small? A moving shadow on the ground you didn’t hear coming? You duck instinctively... If you’re mating, LOL, you stop...
I have nothing against common sense approaches to conservation...ecology...ect. You seem to have a problem with "common sense".
If I actually believed that a small drone the size of an Evo would disrupt the Sea Turtle's life cycle then I would be in complete agreement that the drone flight should not occur. However I do not believe that there is some hocus pocus magic disruption that occurs from a small UAV. I will even concede that a large UAV could disturb the animal...we're in agreement on this.

FYI...there are procedures in place where a Part 107 licensed pilot can get a waiver to fly in a national park.

Reactions: Fly-a-holic
That's a great wheeze! The turtles on the menu come from a state-sponsored turtle farm which breeds them purely for human consumption. So releasing one into the wild would probably endanger it. They might release it back into the farm pens - only for it to be caught again for next week's menu.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ranga