Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

ANNOUNCEMENT: EVO Nano and EVO Lite

No, the Autel Nano and Lite models will run on a new app called "Autel Sky", not Autel Explorer.
Then we are fxckd up...It was the only hope that Autel will fix the Autel Explorer App with the so many bugs...

EVO Nano | $649
  • 12MP camera
  • 4K/30fps video
  • 3-axis gimbal
  • 30-minute fly time
EVO Nano+ | $799
  • 1/1.28-inch CMOS sensor
  • Fixed aperture of f/1.9
  • HDR mode
  • Millisecond Autofocus, PDAF + CDAF

EVO Lite | $1,149
  • 50MP camera (no pixel binning)
  • RYYB color filter array
  • HDR video
EVO Lite+ | $1,249
  • 1-inch CMOS sensor
  • 20MP camera
  • 6K/30fps video
  • Adjustable aperture, f/2.8-f/11
  • Defog mode

COMING FALL 2021

I have my $799 waiting for the re
EVO Nano | $649
  • 12MP camera
  • 4K/30fps video
  • 3-axis gimbal
  • 30-minute fly time
EVO Nano+ | $799
  • Fixed aperture of f/1.9
  • HDR mode
  • Millisecond Autofocus, PDAF + CDAF

EVO Lite | $1,149
  • 50MP camera (no pixel binning)
  • RYYB color filter array
  • HDR video
EVO Lite+ | $1,249
  • 1-inch CMOS sensor
  • 20MP camera
  • 6K/30fps video
  • Adjustable aperture, f/2.8-f/11
  • Defog mode

COMING FALL 2021
lease. Don’t need the Lite model because I already have the Evo Pro 2, but need the Nano+ to replace my DJI Mini 2.

Reactions: edgardcafe
No thanks, Autel. I’m not buying any more of your products. How long until these new drones become end of life products and you dump support for your customers like you did for us EVO owners. You can take your new drones and go...

Reactions: Cicero24
I am also interested in Nano + but only after see how is the new Sky App... A.Explorer was and still is a great disappointment that is waiting for a fix... Still... Still...

Reactions: Bigdz and Cicero24
The EVO Lite+ will have less avoidance sensors but will be pretty comparable in most ways to the EVO 2 Pro. Its going to make the price of the EVO 2 Pro hard to swallow and virtually guarantee that the EVO 3 which is rumored to have big upgrades like a 4/3 camera and Skydio style avoidance, arrives sooner... not later.
I like Autel a lot but they don't deliver on what they are manufacturing. From news of a new product to delivery in hand is 4 to 6 months. They make it sound like it will be here in the next week or so. I just got confirmation on the Autel EVO 2 6K Pro Version 2 Smart Controller for Tuesday October 12, 2021. Even this date will be sketchy. I waited all summer for the Autel EVO 2 Version 2 6K Rugged Bundle. Bring back Randall Warnas...............LOL.

Last edited:
Autel most certainly needs to improve on their production and delivery estimates. 4 to 6 months sounds a bit inflated from what actual has been. Not saying these actuals are that much better, but 4-6 months is exaggerated and it's important this information is factual.

EVO II Smart Controller V1: Released 4/20/21, began shipping 6/24/21 (~2 months)
EVO II Smart Controller V2: Released 6/4/21, began shipping 9/22/21 in ENT Kits (~3.5 months) and 10/8/21 as Standalone (~4 months)
EVO II V2 Units: Released 6/4/21, began shipping 7/30/21 (~2 months)

Autel most certainly needs to improve on their production and delivery estimates. 4 to 6 months sounds a bit inflated from what actual has been. Not saying these actuals are that much better, but 4-6 months is exaggerated and it's important this information is factual.

EVO II Smart Controller V1: Released 4/20/21, began shipping 6/24/21 (~2 months)
EVO II Smart Controller V2: Released 6/4/21, began shipping 9/22/21 in ENT Kits (~3.5 months) and 10/8/21 as Standalone (~4 months)
EVO II V2 Units: Released 6/4/21, began shipping 7/30/21 (~2 months)

What probably sticks in a lot of folks' minds is the timeline between the Evo II V1's soft launch in 2019, to its availability in the spring of 2020. That was a pretty long stretch.

The Enterprise series was similar. It was presented at a trade show quite a while before becoming available.

Also worth mentioning is the Kestrel (their pre Dragonfish VTOL), which turned out to be vaporware. It's only now, 5 years later, that the similar Dragonfish is available.

Last edited:
Wanted to also add that the Smart Controller was rumored at least as far back as the summer of 2020. That, along with the "future controller" slot in the GPC case and the existing Kestrel/Dragonfish Smart Controller had a lot of people waiting patiently from very early on.

Reactions: advexure
Hi, don't we need to see the Autel Sky app available before any physical Autel Nano and Lite ship?

Regards,
Richard

Hi, don't we need to see the Autel Sky app available before any physical Autel Nano and Lite ship?

Regards,
Richard
Most likely, yes. Nano and Lite are estimated to begin shipping in late October or early November. Still a little ways out...

Most likely, yes. Nano and Lite are estimated to begin shipping in late October or early November. Still a little ways out...
Any word on the Shipping on the Nano/Lite models yet?

We will wait like all Autel products. Great products. Poor delivery. Until they get more coverage to build in China, they will struggle. D.J.I. the 400 pound gorilla rules again. They have the Mavic 3 coming in 4 days. You won't see excuses from them.

nobody wants to launch a product more than a company who's down to the very end and it's almost ready to go. i'm pretty sure autel so so so wants to get these new drones out the door they are doing everything within their power to make it happen. at this point, it's probably hit and miss tasks on the hour which is what you need to do during those last 2-3 hectic months. the dji mavic 3 is late. some say by months, some say by years. this is the drone we should have seen last year and we're all going to pay (more) for that....literally. there's no excuse for dji not keeping the momentum going when they had to chance before covid but unfortunately they go caught up just like everyone else. sadly they will launch in the winter and alongside other competing drone and for once, i have no desire to buy an excellent drone on day one. dji better hope they can ship to meet whatever little demand there is for high end drone because the crisis is not over yet, this isn't a done deal yet; looking forward to friday!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials