Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

ANNOUNCEMENT: EVO Nano and EVO Lite

it's going to be hard to replace the evo2 until something launches with sc compatibility. perhaps the nano/lite model will be compatible thru a v2 sw update in the future, at least that would be good. maybe even come up with a new autel sc, the original design is ok but I understand if it's not their final/best design.
Completely agree. Hopeful for some sort of update to make it compatible, but wouldn't be holding my breath.

IMHO the current Autel SC at 7.9" just would not make sense for these models which are designed for consumer use and to be portable and best for on-the-go applications. Hauling around a 7.9" Smart Controller just doesn't really seem to fit with the Nano and Lite product lines, perhaps a future smaller (something like 5-6") Smart Controller would make more sense for these platforms.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Completely agree. Hopeful for some sort of update to make it compatible, but wouldn't be holding my breath.

IMHO the current Autel SC at 7.9" just would not make sense for these models which are designed for consumer use and to be portable and best for on-the-go applications. Hauling around a 7.9" Smart Controller just doesn't really seem to fit with the Nano and Lite product lines, perhaps a future smaller (something like 5-6") Smart Controller would make more sense for these platforms.
Personally, it would be nice to control the whole line up on the smart controller. I still carry my mini, because there are times I need a smaller or more agile drone to get the shots I need, or would rather risk a cheaper drone vs an expensive one.

If i could get a lite+ that would work with my v1 smart controller id grab one no hesitation. Ill not hold my breath though.
What you said; the smart controller V1 thing needs to sort itself out. The competitive landscape is heating up and I can throw money towards a DJI Mavic Pro Cine with the O3 Smart Controller or get my V1 smart controller and Evo II Airframe swapped and buy the Nano and Lite+.

If Autel Robotics adheres to the sentiment expressed by Randall, those sales will be there's. If not, M3 Cine is likely.

I look forward to see how this unfolds.

Personally, it would be nice to control the whole line up on the smart controller. I still carry my mini, because there are times I need a smaller or more agile drone to get the shots I need, or would rather risk a cheaper drone vs an expensive one.
100% agree, would love to see an ecosystem whereby one "Smart" controller could be used across your entire fleet, but currently that is only a reality in the open-source world of UAS. DJI is close to it with their current SC being compatible amongst their consumer and prosumer offerings, but a divide still remains in their commercial/enterprise offerings. It has also taken some time and future aircraft generations for their SC to be compatible across many aircraft series, it wasn't that way from the start.

Back to the open-source world...today this ecosystem remains quite a bit behind the curve of what proprietary and "closed" system manufacturers provide in their UAS offerings, feature sets, payloads and capabilities. A quick glimpse of this is shown by the Blue UAS platforms. Some of these systems rely on open-source flight control software and some open-source handheld GCS. We are seeing great advances in the "open" world of sUAS, but the offerings aren't in line with the systems we see from the likes of DJI, Autel, Parrot, Skydio, etc. In addition, the hardware in the open ecosystem in itself prices higher than fully developed proprietary solutions, and from there you've still got configuring, coding, and developing to achieve the solution you need with the hardware components in play. Systems that are fully baked, RTF (ready to fly), and commercially available off the shelf that are in the "open world" currently price 2X that of the proprietary offerings, and that is with less feature set.

Following the "leaks" on the imminent DJI Mavic 3 and new DJI Smart Controller, it will be interesting to see how compatible DJI's second gen Smart Controller will be across their product lines. 🤔

Reactions: edgardcafe
100% agree, would love to see an ecosystem whereby one "Smart" controller could be used across your entire fleet, but currently that is only a reality in the open-source world of UAS. DJI is close to it with their current SC being compatible amongst their consumer and prosumer offerings, but a divide still remains in their commercial/enterprise offerings. It has also taken some time and future aircraft generations for their SC to be compatible across many aircraft series, it wasn't that way from the start.

Back to the open-source world...today this ecosystem remains quite a bit behind the curve of what proprietary and "closed" system manufacturers provide in their UAS offerings, feature sets, payloads and capabilities. A quick glimpse of this is shown by the Blue UAS platforms. Some of these systems rely on open-source flight control software and some open-source handheld GCS. We are seeing great advances in the "open" world of sUAS, but the offerings aren't in line with the systems we see from the likes of DJI, Autel, Parrot, Skydio, etc. In addition, the hardware in the open ecosystem in itself prices higher than fully developed proprietary solutions, and from there you've still got configuring, coding, and developing to achieve the solution you need with the hardware components in play. Systems that are fully baked, RTF (ready to fly), and commercially available off the shelf that are in the "open world" currently price 2X that of the proprietary offerings, and that is with less feature set.

Following the "leaks" on the imminent DJI Mavic 3 and new DJI Smart Controller, it will be interesting to see how compatible DJI's second gen Smart Controller will be across their product lines. 🤔
Having enjoyed Devention on my Devo 12S, certainly not the level of radio of DJI or Autel, it lets me appreciate the advantages of software defined radio.

What DJI has done to date, and not instantly, is have their current smart controller work with O2 and O3 from the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, Air 2/2S, and Mini 2; I find that a solid return on investment.

My V1 Autel Robotics controller is a $1,200 one trick pony (no offense to Paul Simon - it's a fine album). It just controls the Autel Evo II V1 and the promise Randall made while at the head of Autel Robotics to find a way to make it right has not been articulated; it's been avoided in Autel's communications w.r.t. these new products.

Any insight as to if and when this V1 Smart Controller limited use case gets addressed?

Yes the GCS I use as a subcontractor for some specialized commercial work, drives me nuts!! It's huge and works half as well/takes me twice as long as the DJI/Autel equipment does with ease.
But it's "military grade", running open source programs.

Having enjoyed Devention on my Devo 12S, certainly not the level of radio of DJI or Autel, it lets me appreciate the advantages of software defined radio.

What DJI has done to date, and not instantly, is have their current smart controller work with O2 and O3 from the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, Air 2/2S, and Mini 2; I find that a solid return on investment.

My V1 Autel Robotics controller is a $1,200 one trick pony (no offense to Paul Simon - it's a fine album). It just controls the Autel Evo II V1 and the promise Randall made while at the head of Autel Robotics to find a way to make it right has not been articulated; it's been avoided in Autel's communications w.r.t. these new products.

Any insight as to if and when this V1 Smart Controller limited use case gets addressed?
Not really insight but we do know for certain (as things currently stand) that the Autel Smart Controller for EVO II (V1 or V2) will not be compatible with the newly released EVO Nano and Lite models.

Unfortunately given that Randall is no longer with Autel Robotics, I don't think any promises he made will be kept, which is unfortunate and frustrating.

Not here to debate your ROI on your Autel Smart Controller (V1), but if you are not happy with it and frustrated by the fact that your current SC is not compatible with Autel's newly released drones, then I would either return it or let it go to another EVO II V1 owner. I can tell you that there are thousands of EVO II V1 owners who would love a Smart Controller V1, and most have expressed they would happily pay a premium if they could get their hands on even a used one. If you would like to part ways with your SC V1 and fully recoup your investment, let us know and we'll connect you directly with a buyer.

If i could get a lite+ that would work with my v1 smart controller id grab one no hesitation. Ill not hold my breath though.
Yea, Zero chance there. You must love the Xbox controller it comes with... and be prepared to buy a new tablet mount...

Not really insight but we do know for certain (as things currently stand) that the Autel Smart Controller for EVO II (V1 or V2) will not be compatible with the newly released EVO Nano and Lite models.

Unfortunately given that Randall is no longer with Autel Robotics, I don't think any promises he made will be kept, which is unfortunate and frustrating.

Not here to debate your ROI on your Autel Smart Controller (V1), but if you are not happy with it and frustrated by the fact that your current SC is not compatible with Autel's newly released drones, then I would either return it or let it go to another EVO II V1 owner. I can tell you that there are thousands of EVO II V1 owners who would love a Smart Controller V1, and most have expressed they would happily pay a premium if they could get their hands on even a used one. If you would like to part ways with your SC V1 and fully recoup your investment, let us know and we'll connect you directly with a buyer.
hell im always open to selling my SCV1 if the price is right

Reactions: advexure

Thank you. Until this response, I did not realize the V2 controller was not compatible with the Nano and Lite either; I was wondering about the triple frequencies implications on the compatibility of a two frequency controller working with them.

Ideally, an ecosystem that's not splintered wins the day (most of the time).

I'm hanging back and watching the space as it seems more competitive now, with regards to competitive offerings, than ever. I view this as a nice first world problem to have and appreciate your offer of help when I need it. Again thank you. :)

• Love
Reactions: advexure
Advexure in partnership with Autel Robotics is pleased to introduce two new little friends to the Autel EVO lineup – EVO Nano and EVO Lite.

View attachment 11710

The smallest addition, EVO Nano comes in two options, the Nano which features a 4K/48MP 1/2" CMOS camera sensor and the Nano+ which features a 1/1.28" CMOS camera sensor.
You can pick one of four color options for the Nano – Classic Autel Orange, Blazing Red, Arctic White and Deep Space Gray.

Falling between the EVO Nano and EVO II is the new EVO Lite, which comes in two options. The Lite which features a 1/1.28-inch CMOS sensor capable of 50MP stills and 4K video and the Lite+ which features a 1" CMOS camera sensor capable of 6K video and 20MP stills.
You can pick one of three color options for the Lite – Classic Autel Orange, Arctic White and Deep Space Gray.

Flight Times​

EVO Nano: 28 minutes
EVO Lite: 40 minutes

Untitled-1-03_1024x1024.jpg
Untitled-1-02_1024x1024.jpg

Untitled-3-03_1024x1024.jpg
Untitled-3-02_1024x1024.jpg
If I've read the PR material correctly, the Evo Lite has a 1" sensor and 20MP camera. So, what are the differences...besides size...between the Evo Lite and Evo II pro 6K?

Reactions: mshmovie
If I've read the PR material correctly, the Evo Lite has a 1" sensor and 20MP camera. So, what are the differences...besides size...between the Evo Lite and Evo II pro 6K?
The EVO Lite+ will have less avoidance sensors but will be pretty comparable in most ways to the EVO 2 Pro. Its going to make the price of the EVO 2 Pro hard to swallow and virtually guarantee that the EVO 3 which is rumored to have big upgrades like a 4/3 camera and Skydio style avoidance, arrives sooner... not later.

Last edited:
Reactions: mshmovie
evo 2 pro = smart controller
evo lite = no smart controller (for now)

if the evo lite series would launch with a v3 sc bundle option, I would buy it immediately and sell my evo2pro + v1 sc

The EVO Lite+ will have less avoidance sensors but will be pretty comparable in most ways to the EVO 2 Pro. Its going to make the price of the EVO 2 Pro hard to swallow and visually guarantee that the EVO 3 which is rumored to have big upgrades like a 4/3 camera and Skydio style avoidance, arrives sooner... not later.
An Evo 3 bundle with a 4/3 sensor could be just the thing to keep me from getting a Mavic 3 Pro Cine. Information and time will tell.

Advexure in partnership with Autel Robotics is pleased to introduce two new little friends to the Autel EVO lineup – EVO Nano and EVO Lite.

View attachment 11710

The smallest addition, EVO Nano comes in two options, the Nano which features a 4K/48MP 1/2" CMOS camera sensor and the Nano+ which features a 1/1.28" CMOS camera sensor.
You can pick one of four color options for the Nano – Classic Autel Orange, Blazing Red, Arctic White and Deep Space Gray.

Falling between the EVO Nano and EVO II is the new EVO Lite, which comes in two options. The Lite which features a 1/1.28-inch CMOS sensor capable of 50MP stills and 4K video and the Lite+ which features a 1" CMOS camera sensor capable of 6K video and 20MP stills.
You can pick one of three color options for the Lite – Classic Autel Orange, Arctic White and Deep Space Gray.

Flight Times​

EVO Nano: 28 minutes
EVO Lite: 40 minutes

Untitled-1-03_1024x1024.jpg
Untitled-1-02_1024x1024.jpg

Untitled-3-03_1024x1024.jpg
Untitled-3-02_1024x1024.jpg
My one question is:

All this will have Autel Explorer current APP ????

My one question is:

All this will have Autel Explorer current APP ????
It is coming with the new Autel Sky app.... no telling how limited the settings will be in its initial release. The only thing I noticed was the addition of the long missing Dronie quickshot. They are calling it the Fade Away..... not exactly a power feature but fills a hole nevertheless. I have become an expert at doing Dronie style shots manually and like the added control over the distance I'm traveling away from a subject, however this will help the newer pilots.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller