Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Android 10 not working on Starlink?

Sobamaflyer

Reaction score
I've been using my XSP on my Google Pixel 2xl for a while now, last week they pushed Android 10 and as of this weekend my phone won't connect (it did briefly twice but then disconnected within a few seconds). I tried multiple cables with no difference.

Then I pulled out my Samsung Galaxy Tab A - this is a wifi only device, still on 8.1. It works great EXCEPT.... I've downloaded the maps for all of the areas I fly in, in Google Maps it sees where I am, plotted on the map just fine, but the background map won't show in the Starlink App?

Can anyone suggest something to get either of these working properly? At this point I'm happy with either

Hmm, I was using 8.1 on my Galaxy Tab A 8" up through flying two days ago, Monday and all worked well in Explorer for my map view for the EVO. Last night I updated to the OS PIE 9.0 version and refreshed my saved Google maps. Still haven't flown under the new OS yet.

Are you just getting a grid on blank background?

Hmm, I wonder if Starlink is not fully compatible with Android 10 OS. Maybe you should contact Autel and see if they are aware of the new OS and if there are any conflicts that need immediately resolved. You know how all those OS upgrades raise havoc on many older apps that aren't robust enough to handle the new changes.

Reactions: Sobamaflyer
First I'd trying uninstalling then re-installing the Starlink app. Also try another phone/tablet or two. That might nail it down to the Starlink app or not.
At this point there is no more development for the XSP so if it has anything to do with the version 10 (which it doesn't look like because you also had probs with the other) you'd have to use a device with an older version of Android.

Are you just getting a grid on blank background?
Yep, I've got the pin and even orientation showing with the blank background. Add to the oddity, I discovered yesterday if I zoom out enough (like a state level view) it shows the map.

I wonder if Starlink is not fully compatible with Android 10 OS. Maybe you should contact Autel and see if they are aware of the new OS and if there are any conflicts that need immediately resolved.
I emailed them Monday, got a response that they would contact so and so yesterday so I'm waiting on that one. I assume the same thing as nothing else is running Android 10 (officially) outside of the Pixels and that only happened last week.

First I'd trying uninstalling then re-installing the Starlink app.
Good suggestion about the uninstall and reinstall, Thanks, I'll try that first.

(which it doesn't look like because you also had probs with the other)
I know I threw it all in there but I had separate issues on the 2 devices. Android 10 very well may have broken the connectivity of my phone but the map not showing up on the tablet isn't something new (for me). I'm happy to use either one I can get to function like I was before.

I know I threw it all in there but I had separate issues on the 2 devices. Android 10 very well may have broken the connectivity of my phone but the map not showing up on the tablet isn't something new (for me). I'm happy to use either one I can get to function like I was before.
[EDIT:] Aw shucks, just re-read the original post about you have already checked your offline maps database. I had posted a comment I have deleted now that was regarding that issue.

One thing I HAVE noticed when flying with my latest Galaxy Tab A 8" is even though I have the proper maps in my offline files and location is on and I've got 15-20 satellites locked in, it sometimes takes a couple of minutes before I finally see the proper map view load into the Pic in Pic. I guess you could try deleting your maps and download a fresh version of them to see if perhaps there was a glitch in the database index that is preventing retrieval of the correct information. I suggest clearing out the entire group of maps and let the software rewrite a new index for the fresh files.

Last edited:
For anyone interested, or searching the same things....

Uninstalling and reinstalling Starlink on my Pixel using Android 10 worked, I flew a battery out this morning with no connection issues whatsoever.

Allowing my Galaxy Tab A time to finish downloading the maps onto itself also has appeared to work.

Thank you all for the help and suggestions

Reactions: Trox and Tufargon

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy