Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Aloft App Crashing on Android 12

tvwxman

Reaction score
Hey All,

Word of caution. Aloft is now crashing instantly upon launching it since my Samsung Galaxy S21 5G Ultra installed the latest Android 12 update. Results may vary depending on your phone, but wanted to throw that out there in case anyone wanted to wait a little while before installing Android 12.

It sinks B4UFLY too when you try and use it for LAANC authorization since it accesses Aloft for that function.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Aloft, still no luck. I found one tip on the internet talking about disabling Android Web View in your app settings, but that did not work for me and instead, caused other problems.

The good news is I downloaded/installed OpenSky and it is working fine as I was able to get authorization in controlled airspace.

Reactions: Conumbdrum
Hey All,

Word of caution. Aloft is now crashing instantly upon launching it since my Samsung Galaxy S21 5G Ultra installed the latest Android 12 update. Results may vary depending on your phone, but wanted to throw that out there in case anyone wanted to wait a little while before installing Android 12.

It sinks B4UFLY too when you try and use it for LAANC authorization since it accesses Aloft for that function.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Aloft, still no luck. I found one tip on the internet talking about disabling Android Web View in your app settings, but that did not work for me and instead, caused other problems.

The good news is I downloaded/installed OpenSky and it is working fine as I was able to get authorization in controlled airspace.

I use Airmap with my iPhone, not sure if there is an Android version but its the only app I've ever used for LAANC authorization requests.

Reactions: tvwxman
Hey All,

Thanks for the tip for fellow Android/Samsung Users. It applies across the board no matter what platform you are flying.

Hey All,

A new version is out and it works fine on the Galaxy S21's

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d