Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

All my Evo 1 battery reported damage

Daniel Tao

Reaction score
Since my EVO was upgraded to V1.5.8, the first battery failure began to occur. After the next 3 months, all of my batteries showed battery damage warnings. I am using charging hub for charging. I have been using all the versions before V1.5.8 without any problems, only after upgrading v 1.5.8, it started until all the batteries showed damage. And also I found my battery will not automatically discharge since I upgraded to 1.5.8. Although I have set it to automatically discharge after 3 days, the battery is still fully charged after the past week.I found that starting from v1.3.3.25, the battery firmware has been updated. I tried to downgrade the EVO 1 and downgrade one of the damaged batteries to the previous battery firmware version. But unfortunately it has no effect. I have reason to believe that the latest V1.5.8 version may have some changes that may accelerate the aging of the battery or have bugs. Now I don't have any batteries to use, and I am very sad. Each of my batteries has been used about 30 times, and I don’t want to buy it again. Does anyone know how to replace the cells of the EVO1 battery? How to disassemble, thank you

Reactions: butch
I don't think you either want to or can change the cells in your battery. To the best of my knowledge it's a sealed pack and opening up, finding, and trying to re-engineer the pack wouldn't be advisable.

I have the charging hub and try to only charge my batteries when I know I'm getting ready to fly. I have the 1.5.8 firmware on my EVO but I haven't noticed any battery issues. Unless others have tried what you're suggesting you may, unfortunately, just have to source some new batteries :(

A friend of mine has always used the latest signature software 1.5.8 he always charged the six batteries with the original charger and then passed to the charging hub and from that moment all the batteries have given the warning of battery damaged
after trying in all ways and succeeded he only recovered 2 batteries
the problem and the charging hub

I really think it's the charging hub that is causing the problems. My original battery charger is working great at charging batteries. It helped me recover 1 battery that went bad.

A friend of mine has always used the latest signature software 1.5.8 he always charged the six batteries with the original charger and then passed to the charging hub and from that moment all the batteries have given the warning of battery damaged
after trying in all ways and succeeded he only recovered 2 batteries
the problem and the charging hub

Reactions: Antonello
This pointer from Autel support has fixed the damaged battery (warning) issue in my case : " To my knowledge it is not isolated to a firmware version. The cells are not charging and discharging at the same rate causing the voltage to be different. You can press and hold the power button on the battery while unplugged for 30 seconds. Once done put back on the charger and ensure it's fully charged for 24hrs and try the battery again. It will charge to full capacity than slowly trickle over time to help balance the batteries."

Witam, co dokładnie trzeba zrobić z bateriami, aby spróbować je odzyskać? Jak wygląda ta procedura. Moje baterie pokazały wiadomość dokładnie po roku. Jestem z Europy i mam problem z zakupem nowych

Hello, what exactly do you need to do with the batteries to try to recover them? What this procedure looks like. My batteries showed the message exactly after a year. I am from Europe and I have a problem with buying new ones

Hello, what exactly do you need to do with the batteries to try to recover them? What this procedure looks like. My batteries showed the message exactly after a year. I am from Europe and I have a problem with buying new ones
You can press and hold the power button on the battery while unplugged for 30 seconds. Once done put back on the charger and ensure it's fully charged for 24hrs and try the battery again.

Reactions: PingSpike
You can press and hold the power button on the battery while unplugged for 30 seconds. Once done put back on the charger and ensure it's fully charged for 24hrs and try the battery again.
Does it work on autel evo 2 battery ?

This pointer from Autel support has fixed the damaged battery (warning) issue in my case : " To my knowledge it is not isolated to a firmware version. The cells are not charging and discharging at the same rate causing the voltage to be different. You can press and hold the power button on the battery while unplugged for 30 seconds. Once done put back on the charger and ensure it's fully charged for 24hrs and try the battery again. It will charge to full capacity than slowly trickle over time to help balance the batteries."
I tried your method, but it didn't help. I found that when I press and hold the battery button for 10 seconds, the battery indicator will flash in turn, but after 30 seconds, nothing happens. Then I charge the battery again, and I can see that the fully charged battery starts to charge again. I let it charge and wait for 24 hours, then put it back to the drone again without battery damaged warnning, but once it takes off for 1 minute, the battery is damaged warnning pops up again.

A tip to try to keep the batteries in shape despite the long winter period that awaits us, a little rundown on what I do regularly on the batteries about every month or two months. Binding but beneficial, this is what allowed me to keep in shape 8 batteries of a DJI Inspire for six years.
After a month, a month and a half, of non-service of a battery, I pass the one that was not used in charge, let them rest and the next day, I pass them to the unloader to restore them to the level of storage, and repeat this process after a second and a half months if I haven't used it.
I'm assuming that even though the battery is in storage, it continues to lose some capacity over time, ultimately a bit like a car battery that overwinters in the back of the garage, not sure it will restart at the end of the day. after six months.
I currently have to manage 8 Yuneec h520, four Evo and four Mavic Pro batteries which is a small amount if I lose the batteries.
Yuneec batteries charge and return to storage via the charger, that's cool.
Those of the Evo and the Mavic cannot be put in storage via the charger and therefore I use an "ISDT FD100 Smart Discharger", I have four which can therefore unload the four Evos or the four Mavics at the same time.
Time spent for a set of four batteries: 1h 20 charge and 30 minutes discharge. Not too restrictive.
And the batteries take a new look and rebalance every month and a half more or less.
PS: the four batteries in my Evo are now over 20 months old and are still balanced.

I tried your method, but it didn't help. I found that when I press and hold the battery button for 10 seconds, the battery indicator will flash in turn, but after 30 seconds, nothing happens. Then I charge the battery again, and I can see that the fully charged battery starts to charge again. I let it charge and wait for 24 hours, then put it back to the drone again without battery damaged warnning, but once it takes off for 1 minute, the battery is damaged warnning pops up again.
It worked well one full flight after I fully discharged it and 24 hours slow charge. But then damaged warning popped up again in 2nd flight.

A tip to try to keep the batteries in shape despite the long winter period that awaits us, a little rundown on what I do regularly on the batteries about every month or two months. Binding but beneficial, this is what allowed me to keep in shape 8 batteries of a DJI Inspire for six years.
After a month, a month and a half, of non-service of a battery, I pass the one that was not used in charge, let them rest and the next day, I pass them to the unloader to restore them to the level of storage, and repeat this process after a second and a half months if I haven't used it.
I'm assuming that even though the battery is in storage, it continues to lose some capacity over time, ultimately a bit like a car battery that overwinters in the back of the garage, not sure it will restart at the end of the day. after six months.
I currently have to manage 8 Yuneec h520, four Evo and four Mavic Pro batteries which is a small amount if I lose the batteries.
Yuneec batteries charge and return to storage via the charger, that's cool.
Those of the Evo and the Mavic cannot be put in storage via the charger and therefore I use an "ISDT FD100 Smart Discharger", I have four which can therefore unload the four Evos or the four Mavics at the same time.
Time spent for a set of four batteries: 1h 20 charge and 30 minutes discharge. Not too restrictive.
And the batteries take a new look and rebalance every month and a half more or less.
PS: the four batteries in my Evo are now over 20 months old and are still balanced.
o connect Evo batteries what type of cable should you buy?

If this is for the Evo 1, you need to find the Mavic 1 charging cables, these are the same pinout for charging and discharging.
Attention Cable only of Mavic 1 (pro..platinium) not of Mavic 2, because there it is the short-circuit assured, the connections have changed between 1 and 2.
As these cables have now become scarce, the alternative is to find a car charger with one or two charging cables and recover the plug and the cable to make the assembly (which I had to do for the Mavic 2 , not having found single cables).

Reactions: Antonello
If this is for the Evo 1, you need to find the Mavic 1 charging cables, these are the same pinout for charging and discharging.
Attention Cable only of Mavic 1 (pro..platinium) not of Mavic 2, because there it is the short-circuit assured, the connections have changed between 1 and 2.
As these cables have now become scarce, the alternative is to find a car charger with one or two charging cables and recover the plug and the cable to make the assembly (which I had to do for the Mavic 2 , not having found single cables).

Hi caludius,

As your mention, Evo 1 and Mavic 1 charging cables and connectors are the same ? So can I mod Mavic 1 batteries then using with Evo1 ? Any PINs differents between with thoes batteries ? Mavic 1 batteries are easy can buy in the market.

Hi Cladius, the cable I ordered on aliexpress has arrived I placed the cable in the same position as the cable in the picture you posted to me and I cut the part I show you tell me if i did it right thanks

Exactly but you have to cut the part in red

.View attachment 8927

Attachments

• 128999622_10219282128429648_2296367446983628994_o.jpg
    128999622_10219282128429648_2296367446983628994_o.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 129269298_10219282128949661_1942202148277478085_o.jpg
    129269298_10219282128949661_1942202148277478085_o.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 29

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics