Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

ADS-B - Anyone See This Work Yet?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8818
  • Start date
Martyc6 Thanks - Please educate me, I thought Autel only has ONE APP ... is the AUTEL EXPLORER different for AUTEL Enterprise vs PRO ??
I believe while the app is the same as well as the hardware, the firmware is different from the EVO 2/2 Pro, to the EVO 2 Pro Enterprise. others please correct me if I'm wrong.
@jorgedlt hope this helps!

Thank You ... This does help ... Specially with the complete BLACKOUT of Autel's Tech Support -- It seems they are not answering. -- For ADS-B alerts without Drone intergration I use ADS-B Radar (RTL-SDR) - Apps on Google Play on my Android Phone, near me when I fly, It works great, but I was just hoping to simplify my setup by having the Drone Controller do all of the work.

Ok, I've officially seen it work... and it WORKS... picked up airport traffic from 20 miles away... Thats about 19.5 miles further than my DJI Air 2S picks up airtraffic.
I'm officially impressed... shows aircraft position and heading. Also shows different messages based on aircraft proximity along with changes to the map icons that show air traffic.

Vide
o shows a close plan I tracked visually and showed on the the map as well. Long video, but impressive as I zoom further and further out showing more and more planes in the air.
Does this only work on the Enterprise model? I have the Evo II Pro and I have not seen this.

I have an Evo2 Enterprise with up to date software but my ADSB doesn't work. I received an alert once when I first flew the drone 3 weeks ago. I live in a class B controlled airspace with a lot of air traffic. My map doesn't show any air traffic. Can you tell me what I need to do to get this to work.
Thanks

Reactions: RPAerials
Actual ADS-B receivers in aircraft show position, reported altitude, speed and heading of other aircraft within a definable radius. "caution, aircraft approaching" is actually probably worse than nothing from an aviator's perspective.

The information from the ADS-B transmitters contain all of the metrics I listed. Autel can do better with presenting the data in a useful format. For example. The alert could say "aircraft approaching from the East, @ 7 miles out; 1200' agl; 125 knots;"
That would be helpful!
So simply show it on the map?

I've seen it work on my Enterprise. I get the warnings all the warning notifications all the time, and a few times I've actually witnessed a small red dot staggering through the map.

Been my experience that there's a lag to it all. I certainly wouldn't want to rely on it and wish at times I could turn it off, or have the notifications only come on if the aircraft is below a certain altitude.

I stand corrected. Payed closer attention and there didn't seem to be the lag that I had noticed before. I also noticed planes on the map that corresponded with my view of the sky. Some were yellow and some were red icons. Anyone know what the colours denote?

I have an Evo2 Enterprise with up to date software but my ADSB doesn't work. I received an alert once when I first flew the drone 3 weeks ago. I live in a class B controlled airspace with a lot of air traffic. My map doesn't show any air traffic. Can you tell me what I need to do to get this to work.
Thanks
Same for me. I used to see alerts ..they even showed up in my flight log play back...but not anymore...live or logged. I'll fly it in a place that is absolutely ADS-B required for air craft and I'll see nothing even when the air craft is showing on other apps separate from my smart controller.

Wonder if an update stopped it?

On the latest firmware 1.0.94 my adsb receiver seems to not be working anymore, is anyone else experiencing this?

Is there another thread that answers this already?

My Evo2 Enterprise I was never able to get it to work again. Tech support after trying different over the air fixes wanted me to send in my drone for repair. I decided to return it since it was still in the returnable time frame. I'm waiting for the Evo Max 4 to be released and reviewed before maybe pulling the trigger on another drone.

My Evo2 Enterprise I was never able to get it to work again. Tech support after trying different over the air fixes wanted me to send in my drone for repair. I decided to return it since it was still in the returnable time frame. I'm waiting for the Evo Max 4 to be released and reviewed before maybe pulling the trigger on another drone.
Thanks Greg.

I'm waiting to hear back from tech support. How long had it been since yours was purchased?
I've had mine for about 7 months.

I purchased it the middle of August 2022 I kept the drone for one month before returning it. I liked the Evo2 Enterprise but for the issue with ADS-B not working I would have kept it.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials