Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Accuracy of onboard Odometry? Evo II

shwiz

Reaction score
Hi All,

Wondering what the relative accuracy of the onboard odometry is on the Evo II. Couldn't find this information anywhere online. Do they have any workflows like VIO or similar? If I give a command 'move 5m forward and stop' what's the resolution on that 5m distance traveled? What data is reported back to the pilot?

Let me know if this makes sense or not. Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

Wondering what the relative accuracy of the onboard odometry is on the Evo II. Couldn't find this information anywhere online. Do they have any workflows like VIO or similar? If I give a command 'move 5m forward and stop' what's the resolution on that 5m distance traveled? What data is reported back to the pilot?

Let me know if this makes sense or not. Thanks in advance!
Interesting and good question, if assuming by resolution you mean accuracy, e.g. move forward 5m, did it move forward 4.9m or 5m or 5.1m? The controller displays aircraft horizontal distance from known point e.g. from controller, which also gets logged. Likewise you can enable location data to be displayed (e.g. dms, gps, etc) on the controller. If outdoors, that should be reasonably accurate with GPS, and can test by putting some markers/gcps on the ground at known location, distance. Then gimbal down to 90 directly over a marker, then fly 5m or whatever to next known spot, is the aircraft centered over it or not? Indoors where lack of GPS could be more interesting. If I remember, next time Im flying indoors will see if I notice anything. Note the same should apply for vertical assuming a flat surface or plane.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials