Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Abnormal behavior of EVO 2 Pro just right after take off which almost led to accident

Brian Ferry

Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
Recently I’ve faced with abnormal operation of the drone (EVO2 Pro).

Just when I took it off the ground it started to move by itself. I didn't press any sticks that time. Height was approx. 1m. Found satellites - x16.

Actually it’s been windy, but I don’t think that the wind could blew the drone off to that extent.
The only issue I may think of is that I was taking the drone off from car glass roof and interference caused that, however I have never faced with anything similar while taking of from the car before...

Fortunately I was able to get it somehow to the grass and didn’t break it.

Attached please see screenshot where your may see the following:

1. Direction
2. Speed (crazy figures)
3. Abnormal angle

I've sent information to Autel support and waiting for the feedback.

Did anyone has experienced something similar?

20200928_204949248_iOS.png

Are you on the latest firmware? If so, that could very well be the problem. Autel still hasn't fixed the problem with an update to the firmware. Downgrading may help. Here is a thread that will help you do it.

Reactions: PingSpike
Are you on the latest firmware? If so, that could very well be the problem. Autel still hasn't fixed the problem with an update to the firmware. Downgrading may help. Here is a thread that will help you do it.

Yes, I am using the latest firmware with beta application on iOS.
Thanks for the tip. Will check downgrade instructions.

The only issue I may think of is that I was taking the drone off from car glass roof and interference caused that

That's exactly the thing sensors don't like. It's even in the manual: 'Avoid flying over surfaces that are [...] highly reflective, such as water'
Second thing is that starting off a car can influence the compass. My mavic wouldn't even start near my car and kept complaining about a compass abnormality.

Reactions: Does it go higher?
That's exactly the thing sensors don't like. It's even in the manual: 'Avoid flying over surfaces that are [...] highly reflective, such as water'
Second thing is that starting off a car can influence the compass. My mavic wouldn't even start near my car and kept complaining about a compass abnormality.

After this accident I thought so as well...
Will be more careful next time and take off only from normal surfaces.
In case I face similar case, I will post an update.

Many thanks for the support.

Reactions: PTBperegrine
Mine did something similar and I was also having problems with tilted Horizon and video jellowing.
Tech wasn't able to pinpoint the problem from the pictures and video I provided so I returned it and bought the original Evo until they work out the bugs.

Hey guys Gm,

What does compass redundancy mean ?
A google search for "compass redundancy" brings up a lot of posts from the DJI forum. First thing I'd do is a compass calibration in a place with no interference and see if that helps. If not do the google search and see if any of what comes up can help you more.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34