Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Abandoned Golf Course

jjpish68

Reaction score
Did a little flight over my old Golf Course. Back in 1995 I built the second 18 hole course and worked as Golf Course Superintendent overseeing the 36 hole facility until 2007. The original owner sold the property and I knew where it was headed so I made my exit and they closed in 2010. Now it is just a golf wasteland......

I want to go back once I figure out how to plot a flight using the mapping and go out the farther reaches of the property. I flew from the road outside the entrance as it is now gated with no trespassing signs all over. I would have liked to drive out to farther areas and fly more but wasn't looking to get arrested lol.

Looks like it was a nice course, shame, bet you pictured a lot of memories of what was.... Berlin is that not east of Ocean city?

Reactions: jjpish68
Looks like it was a nice course, shame, bet you pictured a lot of memories of what was.... Berlin is that not east of Ocean city?

Spent more hours than I could count out there in 12 years... A lot of hard work and a lot of good times. Yes just outside of OCMD.

Did a little flight over my old Golf Course. Back in 1995 I built the second 18 hole course and worked as Golf Course Superintendent overseeing the 36 hole facility until 2007. The original owner sold the property and I knew where it was headed so I made my exit and they closed in 2010. Now it is just a golf wasteland......

I want to go back once I figure out how to plot a flight using the mapping and go out the farther reaches of the property. I flew from the road outside the entrance as it is now gated with no trespassing signs all over. I would have liked to drive out to farther areas and fly more but wasn't looking to get arrested lol.

Understanding the Waypoint feature in Starlink is a good way to share the load of flying and photography. Autel has a good tutorial. Depending on your FPV device of choice, the app behaves differently. You could be just like the big boyz and "fly" a round of golf.

Nice video. Area would make a nice park, no? As it sits now, It reminds me of a video I saw of Pripyat, the ghost town in northern Ukraine near Chernobyl...

Wow
It is to bad for that course to be in that state of repair.
We have 5 golf courses where I live and each is booked solid from ice out till ice in (winter)
Hard to believe it went to waist like that.

Wow
It is to bad for that course to be in that state of repair.
We have 5 golf courses where I live and each is booked solid from ice out till ice in (winter)
Hard to believe it went to waist like that.

Poor management and an over saturated market. The new ownership were counting on buildings a huge housing development around the property when the county shot that down they didn't have any interest in running it just as a golf course. I am still in the turf management business this area got hit pretty hard with the economic siruatation in the past years and golf suffered with a good number closing and others just hanging on. Things are getting better now for golf but we still don't have the interest from the next generation to keep it thriving for the future.

Reactions: Bridgepin
Poor management and an over saturated market. The new ownership were counting on buildings a huge housing development around the property when the county shot that down they didn't have any interest in running it just as a golf course. I am still in the turf management business this area got hit pretty hard with the economic siruatation in the past years and golf suffered with a good number closing and others just hanging on. Things are getting better now for golf but we still don't have the interest from the next generation to keep it thriving for the future.
Nice video, but boy as a golfer it is hard to take the site of that course in such disrepair OUCH !

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronitphotos