Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

A new flyer question

John Ford

Reaction score
Today I got an error message about magnetic interference, compass error and the drone trying to switch to ATTI mode. However, I had the ATTI mode switched off in the app. I was able to fly the drone back to me and land safely. On the flight back the error message kept repeating so I assume that the drone was continuing to try and switch to ATTI mode. My question to the forum members is: what are the advantages/disadvantages to either disabling or enabling the ATTI mode in the Starlink app. Thanks.

johf

Glad that you were able to get back safely. For me, the advantage to disabling it in the app would be to avoid accidentally activating it via the mode switch, if for example you were switching between IOS and GPS modes. If there is sufficient magnetic interference to cause your XStar to no longer be able to trust it's compass it will switch to atti mode regardless of whether or not it is enabled in the starlink app.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Guy, let me make sure I understand. All the time my controller was displaying the error message over and over, the drone was actually in ATTI mode until it could reestablish GPS mode? Thanks.

johnf

Assuming that it was the same error that i received yes. Mine was certainly in atti mode - the one time this occurred to me. Winds were about 12 mph at the time and it was a bit of work for me to determine at first what direction a I was even flying. Not sure though if there is/was a warning first and then the compass error that put it into atti, or if it was all at once. Maybe others have experienced this as well; I have had only the one occurrence so far (fortunately)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller