Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

900 MHz Band, Would Autel Listen to an Owner Petition?

Here u go...

This one makes more sense when extending the 2.4GHz with antenna modifications. Using a panel antenna like I have seen on other mods doesn't. The beam characteristics of omnis and panels are totally different. True you want all your signal usually "directed" in a certain direction, panels aren't as forgiving when it comes to the pointing in this regard. Your aiming at a moving object -- easy to do with an omni.

This is also why the antenna is attached (to not come off)

FCC has worked this in to most consumer wireless products the last number of years. They used to be changeable on just about anything and everything consumer wireless related -- not anymore.

What is the purpose of 900mhz? Yes you can go 5-10 miles but your battery will not last that long.
My philosophy has always been- when I buy something, I want to own it, along with all of its capabilities, no restrictions, no need for permission from the manufacturer for this or that. That's the whole reason I chose Autel, even though they restrict altitude (I really wish they would allow that lock to be turned off like the distance limit). I never go over 400 feet, but it still bothers me that there's a max allowed limit. This is also the reason I'll likely never buy a dji.

It's not like I'll even need the option as you stated, but since I bought it, I want it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Madhungarian
They want to break into the European and the 900 Mhz is not allow over there so this could be a reason they dropped it for consumers.
That's the official spin Support tells you when you ask, while denying that the 900 Mhz antenas are even present in production units, but absent new FCC documents superceding these, these are the real deal! Antennas are there! Turn them on! Autel hasn't sold any units outside the U.S. anyway!

The 900 mz pins are in the controller. Beside the 2.4 that the antennas connect to . I noticed this when i did the 4 hawks mod. Could you connect to them who knows. They are below the white circle.3987

Last edited:
Reactions: Ansia
The 900 mz pins are in the controller. Beside the 2.4 that the antennas connect to . I noticed this when i did the 4 hawks mod. Could you connect to them who knows. They are below the white circle.View attachment 3987
Thanks Wayne. I also noticed in the video posted by @thomasr, that the antennas on the remote were missing.

The stock antennas would have to be swapped out for 900 Mhz antennas, its not rocket science as most who did the 4Hawks mode on the X-Star added 900Mhz GSM Omni Antennas 900MHz 3.5dbi RP-SMA Male(female pin) for a added option.

The stock antennas would have to be swapped out for 900 Mhz antennas, its not rocket science as most who did the 4Hawks mode on the X-Star added 900Mhz GSM Omni Antennas 900MHz 3.5dbi RP-SMA Male(female pin) for a added option.

View attachment 3988
On the Evo's controller, the Antenna, I believe the implementation is to better the signal strength by frequency hopping and not as much for range, like in the X-Star controller in your photo.

What about the drone itself, does it already have the 900 MHz antennas in place or would it need to be added too?

I also find it hard to believe that any RF is actually going to the two 900Mhz leads as from my old days as a Amateur Radio operator we were taught to all ways have a antenna connected or you may burn out the transmitter. So I am thinking there is more to it then hooking up antennas, like firmware.

I also find it hard to believe that any RF is actually going to the two 900Mhz leads as from my old days as a Amateur Radio operator we were taught to all ways have a antenna connected or you may burn out the transmitter. So I am thinking there is more to it then hooking up antennas, like firmware.
Ive heard that as well.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben648691