Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

900 MHz Band, Would Autel Listen to an Owner Petition?

Apollo11capcom

Reaction score
So as I'm reading about the virtues of the 900 MHz band link on another thread, which makes me start thinking about a petition of owner signatures (be it digital or ink). I have to wonder if Autel would listen and add it to the US consumer level Evo..

They wouldn't have to do much as im guessing it's already available, just not to the average owner like most on this board.

Part of me thinks it's a waste of time, the other part thinks why not? just give it a try, what's there to lose?

It would give Autel a real advantage over other manufacturers, especially if they gave it a name like dji's Lightbrige or Occusync.

On top of that they would make at least this owner very happy. I'd sign it.

Make this drone superior and they will buy...

Edit- the reason I pointed this one out as petition worthy is that it sounds like everyone wants this improvement universally, and it also sounds like some here believe the engineering part of this is already done, so it shouldn't take much to make it available.

Last edited:
So as I'm reading about the virtues of the 900 MHz band link on another thread, which makes me start thinking about a petition of owner signatures (be it digital or ink). I have to wonder if Autel would listen and add it to the US consumer level Evo..

They wouldn't have to do much as im guessing it's already available, just not to the average owner like most on this board.

Part of me thinks it's a waste of time, the other part thinks why not? just give it a try, what's there to lose?

It would give Autel a real advantage over other manufacturers, especially if they gave it a name like dji's Lightbrige or Occusync.

On top of that they would make at least this owner very happy. I'd sign it.

Make this drone superior and they will buy...

I bought in on this -- to find out 900MHz was not activated either.

They deactivated it for a reason and I assume it has to do with the FCC and FAA or whatever government agency.

900MHz would give this thing more range than 2.4GHz -- and for many -- it gets enough range on 2.4GHz already...

I have seen this done more than one time -- to an electronic service or device -- where an agency intervenes and takes away anything that was good about it.

You hit the keyword on the head here... consumer...

I would not be surprised if they program the 2.4GHz radios to transmit at lower transmitting powers next... further limiting your range...

I bought in on this -- to find out 900MHz was not activated either.

They deactivated it for a reason and I assume it has to do with the FCC and FAA or whatever government agency.

900MHz would give this thing more range than 2.4GHz -- and for many -- it gets enough range on 2.4GHz already...

I have seen this done more than one time -- to an electronic service or device -- where an agency intervenes and takes away anything that was good about it.

You hit the keyword on the head here... consumer...

I would not be surprised if they program the 2.4GHz radios to transmit at lower transmitting powers next... further limiting your range...
I know the Parrot transmitters are underpowered, seemingly intentionally.

I guess if that's the case for sure then there's no reason to hope, but why would they have it in the manual as someone stated? Surely they would have done their homework on whether they could do it or not before saying they would, don't you think?

I know the Parrot transmitters are underpowered, seemingly intentionally.

I guess if that's the case for sure then there's no reason to hope, but why would they have it in the manual as someone stated? Surely they would have done their homework on whether they could do it or not before saying they would, don't you think?

They seem to kick along with a few employees and a shoestring budget. This happens all the time -- designs on paper rarely making it to reality.

Marketing literature will always claim the sun-moon and stars... only to deliver a headache in reality.

Autel already enforces NFZ's for China -- so this was either done when they bent over -- there... or this was done bending over for someone else here in the US.

I know the military is never happy to hear people can get their hands on consumer gear -- that can be directed anywhere from 5 - 10 miles away remotely. lol The first thing they think of is someone using it for a missile or a bomb. This is the after 9-11 reality for living in the U.S.A.

It is presumed the 900MHz is still there -- and maybe used as a product offering to up-sell the police and emergency services folks buying into the Evo for their use.

What I point out here -- 2.4GHz is barely broadcasting the allowed 1 WATT here in the US -- it comes in at just under @ 979mW ... so not really under powered yet -- but as you mention the Parrot -- this the magic number to be lowered here...

FCC ID 2AGNTEF7RC2409A EVO Series Remote by Autel Robotics Co., Ltd.

Here is the radio test report itself. All testing was performed in China - and approved by the FCC.

EF7RC2409A EVO Series Remote Test Report Autel Robotics Co., Ltd.

Last edited:
You do know the Evo does have the 900Mhz antennas installed? I don't know about the FCC forcing Autel to disable this frequency. A buddy of mine is building a fixed wing drone for his Capstone course in Aerospace Engineering. His drone transmits in the 488Mhz frequency and the range will be somewhere around 10 miles.

You do know the Evo does have the 900Mhz antennas installed? I don't know about the FCC forcing Autel to disable this frequency. A buddy of mine is building a fixed wing drone for his Capstone course in Aerospace Engineering. His drone transmits in the 488Mhz frequency and the range will be somewhere around 10 miles.

I do know this was another discussion -- and yes -- it was discussed the 900 MHz antenna's and presumably the radio is still there -- activated by a firmware update.

I do know this was another discussion -- and yes -- it was discussed the 900 MHz antenna's and presumably the radio is still there -- activated by a firmware update.
Can't find the thread with the Evo dissasembly. ?

They want to break into the European and the 900 Mhz is not allow over there so this could be a reason they dropped it for consumers.

They want to break into the European and the 900 Mhz is not allow over there so this could be a reason they dropped it for consumers.
Which was the thread where you posted the teardown of the Evo? Can't they just dissable the antennas from location, like DJI does?

Which was the thread where you posted the teardown of the Evo? Can't they just dissable the antennas from location, like DJI does?
That would mean they would have to hire a few new guys. One to rewrite the FCC documents. One to design a new switch on the APP and one to go get them coffee :)

Reactions: Ansia
That would mean they would have to hire a few new guys. One to rewrite the FCC documents. One to design a new switch on the APP and one to go get them coffee :)
I like the coffee getting job. As long as I get paid as an Engineer.

Are those the same ones that it currently uses or are those internal?

I like the sounds of it all -- if such a design/switch were added for the US.

@Agustine suggests -- entering the EU could be a reason to drop support. This is more a manufacturing decision - they may have all the same parts and different countries may allow for different restrictions -- Autel seems headed in the direction of the same basic radio features -- no matter what country it is for.

If the model were to be popular -- and manufacturing ramp up -- newer models would probably not even have the 900MHz gear -- as you know how manufacturers are always "re-designing" things as a way of cutting costs...

I doubt Autel will be willing to jump through the hoops to allow different frequencies in different countries. And even then, why would they continue putting the 900MHz radio in all Evo's?

They will have to do something with the current antennas, since CE only allows up to 500m range for drones in the EU. That is a lot less than the Americas.

What is the purpose of 900mhz? Yes you can go 5-10 miles but your battery will not last that long.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials