Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

360X180 Panoramic photos

Bigdz

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but when will the Evo 2 Pro have a pano feature in app, that can stitch photos in the drone and store them in a separate folder, so they can be stitched in PTGui or something similar. This is what I use for construction progress monitoring. And My Evo 2 is grounded because this feature doesn't exist. I was hoping this would be a feature by now. It's one of the reasons why I don't use it for commercial work. thoughts?

This may be a stupid question, but when will the Evo 2 Pro have a pano feature in app, that can stitch photos in the drone and store them in a separate folder, so they can be stitched in PTGui or something similar. This is what I use for construction progress monitoring. And My Evo 2 is grounded because this feature doesn't exist. I was hoping this would be a feature by now. It's one of the reasons why I don't use it for commercial work. thoughts?
Yes, I miss it, too. It would be nice to have even without in-drone stitching. It it possible to do via mission planner so I'm surprised it's not implemented as regular photo mode yet.

Reactions: Bigdz
Yes, I miss it, too. It would be nice to have even without in-drone stitching. It it possible to do via mission planner so I'm surprised it's not implemented as regular photo mode yet.
Agreed. I stitch my own. I don't think it can be done in mission planner.

Agreed. I stitch my own. I don't think it can be done in mission planner.
Can you elaborate on how to do in mission planner? Is there an easier way than setting up multiple actions at a given location, each action changing camera angle, aircraft heading, taking a photo, next action repeat until done?

Can you elaborate on how to do in mission planner? Is there an easier way than setting up multiple actions at a given location, each action changing camera angle, aircraft heading, taking a photo, next action repeat until done?
Yes, exactly. One waypoint (or Start and End only) with multiply actions to take photos at all required angles. There is some struggle because mission planner's waypoint settings are quite poor: when the action is single photo then it gets blurred often because the photo is taken before the rotation stops, so finally I used timelapse with 2 seconds interval and 5 seconds action time so that I could pick up better photo for each position. It needs some experimentation to make it working. Finally the mission must be updated when moving to new location. After all it is feasible but quite annoying.

Reactions: gschulzuio
Yes, exactly. One waypoint (or Start and End only) with multiply actions to take photos at all required angles. There is some struggle because mission planner's waypoint settings are quite poor: when the action is single photo then it gets blurred often because the photo is taken before the rotation stops, so finally I used timelapse with 2 seconds interval and 5 seconds action time so that I could pick up better photo for each position. It needs some experimentation to make it working. Finally the mission must be updated when moving to new location. After all it is feasible but quite annoying.
Gr8, thks, good idea about the time delay, will do some more experimentation. Agree, its not as simple as it could be with built in capture (fine without stitching).

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials