Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

$24 for 2 props. Classless corporate greed.

Stillers

Reaction score
Clearly theyre price gouging. Rich people all need drawn and quartered. Does anyone know of a supplier with reasonably priced propellrs?

Reactions: safetyPro
If you think there's any difference berween the absurdity of 18$ as compared to $24 for two 8" pieces of plastic that are manufactured for less than a dollar then it's not me whose a bad consumer.

If you think there's any difference berween the absurdity of 18$ as compared to $24 for two 8" pieces of plastic that are manufactured for less than a dollar then it's not me whose a bad consumer.

Actually I 100% do think they are fairly priced, you are not paying $24 for two 8" pieces of plastic, you are paying $24 for months or years of R&D, testing, design work, marketing, production, shipping, packaging, and delivery. Here is just one example of what DJI went through to design their props. There is another article that I can't find now that stated it took DJI 2yrs and over 100 scientists to create the first drone props; and the props can easily last the life of the drone if they never hit anything but air.

I buy only genuine OEM props for the same reason I buy only genuine OEM batteries for all of my equipment; paying thousands of dollars for a piece of equipment only to try to save a few dollars on the most critical components of it makes no sense to me.

After years of running my own business I have a firm appreciation for what it takes to do what appears to be even the simplest of things. Plenty of people think why would I pay a wedding photographer thousands of dollars when all they are doing is pressing the shutter button, or a videographer when all they are doing is pressing the record button.

Actually I 100% do think they are fairly priced, you are not paying $24 for two 8" pieces of plastic, you are paying $24 for months or years of R&D, testing, design work, marketing, production, shipping, packaging, and delivery. Here is just one example of what DJI went through to design their props. There is another article that I can't find now that stated it took DJI 2yrs and over 100 scientists to create the first drone props; and the props can easily last the life of the drone if they never hit anything but air.

I buy only genuine OEM props for the same reason I buy only genuine OEM batteries for all of my equipment; paying thousands of dollars for a piece of equipment only to try to save a few dollars on the most critical components of it makes no sense to me.

After years of running my own business I have a firm appreciation for what it takes to do what appears to be even the simplest of things. Plenty of people think why would I pay a wedding photographer thousands of dollars when all they are doing is pressing the shutter button, or a videographer when all they are doing is pressing the record button.
You're talking to a troll. Don't engage, and maybe it'll go away.

@PingSpike @halzucati and to think I thought this forum was troll free, I should have known better.
No foul, they're all over, and to be fair, I don't know the OP, but I call it like I see it.
On the subject of propellers... I keep waiting for MAS to come out with updates for the Evo 2 and Evo 2 Enterprise... but I'm not sure they're popular enough for that company to make them... They have them for the X-Star...

But I agree with the sentiment, if you don't hit anything with the props, they'll last a long time.
I typically change mine out after 500 hours of flight, but maybe that's too long... I've heard "yearly" and after 100 hours...

Since DJI lost that lawsuit to Autel (for the quick-release hub/prop patent) it's maybe not so surprising no one is jumping at the chance to market knock-off Autel Evo II props. Recently asked Master Airscrew, who replied there's nothing in the pipeline

Since DJI lost that lawsuit to Autel (for the quick-release hub/prop patent) it's maybe not so surprising no one is jumping at the chance to market knock-off Autel Evo II props. Recently asked Master Airscrew, who replied there's nothing in the pipeline
Didn't know about that lawsuit, thanks for the info. Kinda too bad though... Aftermarket parts are what make stuff like this fun.

Well, one positive side to it is that there aren't so many Autel's in the wild that we're swarmed with spam for cheap, poorly constructed counterfeit propellers. (Unlike what happens with MicroSD cards). My deeply discounted Evo II Pro purchased late last year came equipped with the OG propellers. My first set of Low Noise ones were $18 the set of four-- 1/2 price-- incidentally. And they balanced perfectly without sanding

Let alone propellers. Find a battery for Autel EVO (not EVO 2). Since EVO 2 release Autel stopped to produce battery for EVO 1. That's what I am thinking when I choose my next drone EVO Lite vs Mavic Air 2S.

Who needs such a manufacture ?

Am I wrong ? Correct me if I am. Actually I want to be wrong because I like EVO Lite (according to spec.).

You're wrong, albertly. Autel gave six months of warning to the EOL for their already 3 years old Evo. Everybody who needs Autel Evo batteries was given plenty of notice and should be stocked up already, But the batteries have been readily available (saw them for 1/2 price at Best Buy, 2 for $99 USB including the shoulder bag in September. That ship has sailed, but If you can't find them at all you probably haven't looked).

Reactions: aebiv
You're talking to a troll. Don't engage, and maybe it'll go away.
I don't think so. I own my own business and understand fully what he is talking about. It costs me $150 minimum to send a truck out on the road given taxes, payroll, and administration costs including cost of vehicles. If you don't own a business you truly don't understand the enormous costs behind the scene

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert