Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

2000 NIT display $200... but is it compatible?

Just curious. This was on a DJI M2P controller with the phone mount on the bottom isn't it? Where do you put the phone on an Autel controller?
The LifThor mount has an acrylic tray on the front between the handles for the Autel Evo RC that you could mount the phone on like the DJI style

The LifThor mount has an acrylic tray on the front between the handles for the Autel Evo RC that you could mount the phone on like the DJI style
So you just set it there and hold in place or do you use some clear tape or other method of holding it there?

personally I think you would be much better off to start with building what you need around the live deck and a tripod. from there you could add high brightness screens and then think about better tablets such as the tripltek. many of us have tried mirroring and other tricks and personally I'm not a huge fan. two screens showing the exact same thing gets old especially when you can't touch the settings on the monitor and you have to plug in, connect, and charge everything. the less stuff you have attached to your controller, the better off you are. we all wish there was a smart controller option. so far there is pretty good flexibility from whatever is available today so I agree you're on the right track with your research.

Reactions: Does it go higher?
personally I think you would be much better off to start with building what you need around the live deck and a tripod. from there you could add high brightness screens and then think about better tablets such as the tripltek. many of us have tried mirroring and other tricks and personally I'm not a huge fan. two screens showing the exact same thing gets old especially when you can't touch the settings on the monitor and you have to plug in, connect, and charge everything. the less stuff you have attached to your controller, the better off you are. we all wish there was a smart controller option. so far there is pretty good flexibility from whatever is available today so I agree you're on the right track with your research.
Hi Ken, thanks for your reply. Everyone is giving such good advice, it was always my intent to have the aux screen mounted on a tripod close-by as I can imagine that aditional weight on the neck strap will become wearisome after a few hours of field work. Of note in your reply is *many of us have tried mirroring..* tells me that I should bare in mind that others have tried these solutions and if it wasn't suitable for them then it probably isn't for me either.

Thanks again, I'm new here and it's reassuring that the members are willing to provide their hard won experience with me.

Thank you Everyone!

Hi Ken, thanks for your reply. Everyone is giving such good advice, it was always my intent to have the aux screen mounted on a tripod close-by as I can imagine that aditional weight on the neck strap will become wearisome after a few hours of field work. Of note in your reply is *many of us have tried mirroring..* tells me that I should bare in mind that others have tried these solutions and if it wasn't suitable for them then it probably isn't for me either.

Thanks again, I'm new here and it's reassuring that the members are willing to provide their hard won experience with me.

Thank you Everyone!
I don't want to speak for everyone but I think we are all aware of how to mirror our phones to pretty much any other type of screen; or at least we should be because there are tons of videos available and the equipment is relatively inexpensive and for the most part, it works. but this is 2021.

for me, it was just a novelty and what I am really after is a bright screen I can see during the bright daylight hours. too much hooking up and pairing and charging and setting it up just to fly. I wish I could say my tripod goes with me everywhere I go...but it doesn't.

Same problem, different solution. I'm a do-it-yourself kind of guy. So I built this viewing box to fit over the iPad Mini 5. The box is fabricated out of cardboard that is creased, folded, taped and painted. It hooks to the top of the iPad and has little clips that hold it at the bottom. I added cheap reading glasses for my old eyes. There is a cutout at the bottom so that I can access touch screen functions. This is my 3rd iteration design.
It works great in bright sunlight. A real bonus of this is that it is similar to using FPV goggles except I can easily look up to the sky to follow the drone visually. The small added weight is easily handled by the tablet mount that transfers the load to the controller handles, similar to Lifthor mounts but lighter. The tablet mount is also home built from aluminum scraps and a consumer tablet mount from Amazon.
So, spend some time in your shop. It's fun!

Attachments

• DSC03062.JPG
    DSC03062.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC03063.JPG
    DSC03063.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 4
  • DSC03065.JPG
    DSC03065.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 4
I'm just trying to find out if it can connect to the EVO2 controller? I've just ordered EVO 2 Pro this morning so I can't even see if it's got any outputs.

EVO II controllers has no outputs besides the USBs that interface with the devise and are used for charging

Live Deck has just arrived - now to choose the screen!

This is a 1000 nit Android 10 rugged tablet direct from manufacturer for USD $370 (image shows $AUD).
This is probably your next best solution.

Screenshot_2021-03-22-14-48-11-046_com.alibaba.intl.android.apps.poseidon.jpgScreenshot_2021-03-22-14-48-21-892_com.alibaba.intl.android.apps.poseidon.jpg

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58