Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

2000 NIT display $200... but is it compatible?

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've checked the previous discussions as suggested but the closest discussion is 9 months old so rather than trying to resurrect it I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light (groan) on this possible beauty?

It has various options including 7" screen with 2000, 2500, 3000 NIT options. From what I gather it's an additional screen, not a replacement for the phone.

The question I have is does anyone know if it can be connected to the EVO 2 PRO controller? The only maybe possible way is via the Live Deck?
It has HDMI in/out, USB in, and SDI(?) in.

Would love an answer as at $200 I'd definitely give it a go if it's compatible.

Many Thanks,

SM

As noted it's a monitor but you can use it via a miracast HDMI receiver. On Android you just turn on Smart View and attach to it. It works well.

Since the Evo controller has a built-in display it would be very cool if it could mirror that to a larger monitor that powered itself. It wouldn't have the functionally of the app but at least it could do what the built-in display can do with more nits and larger display. That might be enough for a lot of flyers.

I wonder if this could be accomplished with software.

Reactions: Does it go higher?
Since the Evo controller has a built-in display it would be very cool if it could mirror that to a larger monitor that powered itself. It wouldn't have the functionally of the app but at least it could do what the built-in display can do with more nits and larger display. That might be enough for a lot of flyers.

I wonder if this could be accomplished with software.
It would definitely be enough(!) especially at that price. In the DJDrone article they do say that the functionality is lost but that's obviously still there on the app, just... 3K-NIT makes me happy.

Hi All,

I've checked the previous discussions as suggested but the closest discussion is 9 months old so rather than trying to resurrect it I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light (groan) on this possible beauty?

It has various options including 7" screen with 2000, 2500, 3000 NIT options. From what I gather it's an additional screen, not a replacement for the phone.

The question I have is does anyone know if it can be connected to the EVO 2 PRO controller? The only maybe possible way is via the Live Deck?
It has HDMI in/out, USB in, and SDI(?) in.

Would love an answer as at $200 I'd definitely give it a go if it's compatible.

Many Thanks,

SM
here is what are you looking for

Okay but that's a lot of extra stuff to set up and hook up when you could just connect one cable to a tablet.
yes of course, but you have a 2200 nit screen that does not have the slightest reflection, and a cost of $ 250, the corresponding quality screen is from crystal sky at a cost of $ 1000

yes of course, but you have a 2200 nit screen that does not have the slightest reflection, and a cost of $ 250, the corresponding quality screen is from crystal sky at a cost of $ 1000
To each their own. I think if the goal was to do it as cheaply as possible I'd use my $92 Samsung 8" Tab A and a hood ($25) with the Lifthor Mount ($75) all for under $200. That's exactly what I did for a while until I convinced myself to spend the $650 on the Tripltek Pro. Very happy with this set up but yes; I would like for it to be even brighter at 2200 nits. I can see it just fine at 1200 nits but it's always better to see what the drone sees as well as possible.

I use the Feelworld FW279 and a miracast dongle attached to it. Instead of that battery pack I used a 12v battery that also has a 5v usbA output to power both the monitor and the miracast.
(battery https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ME3ZH7C)
I use these batteries on my SMS timelapse rig too so I have several in my kit.

I mount these on a lightweight tripod and use my S8 which is pretty bright at 1100 nit or something in adaptive mode cranked up.

It's great having a light device on the controller and a very bright screen that I and others can see in direct bright sunlight.

I still haven't flown with my tripltek so I'm wonder how big a different is really 1k nits v. 2k nits

EvoGreece
I don't think it will work with the Autel controller. Better off with the Tripltek.

Wow, that is exactly what I was looking for - thank you mate. Bright screens for the older eye's makes life easier. For myself I'm considering the ease of a clear screen in relation to fast acquisition of the visual information on the screen meaning I can spend less time squinting at a less bright screen and more time on the UAV itself.

I wish I could up-vote this reply more than once.
If you ever find yourself in Brighton, UK, I'll buy you a drink!
Thank you again.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy