Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Yaw problem - is it a fault?

Antoine

Reaction score
I have a problem with the yaw speed of my Evo. The yaw begins slowly, but in a second or so it speeds up, and goes so fast that the drone winds up turning 180 degrees or more. This happens no matter how gently I use the controls, and even though I've got the yaw setting at 0.20, which seems to be the minimum allowed. Strangely enough, it's fine when I have the speed set at Precise - this means I have to set it at Precise in order to aim the drone then shift to normal speed to start the drone moving forward, which is a bit of a pain.

I know from reading other posts that yaw speed has been a problem for other users, but I'm wondering if the extreme sensitivity I'm experiencing is actually a fault on my particular drone. I live in the UK, and I'd hate to have to send it to the US to get it repaired, so can anyone here suggest anything? Thanks.

I have a problem with the yaw speed of my Evo. The yaw begins slowly, but in a second or so it speeds up, and goes so fast that the drone winds up turning 180 degrees or more. This happens no matter how gently I use the controls, and even though I've got the yaw setting at 0.20, which seems to be the minimum allowed. Strangely enough, it's fine when I have the speed set at Precise - this means I have to set it at Precise in order to aim the drone then shift to normal speed to start the drone moving forward, which is a bit of a pain.

I know from reading other posts that yaw speed has been a problem for other users, but I'm wondering if the extreme sensitivity I'm experiencing is actually a fault on my particular drone. I live in the UK, and I'd hate to have to send it to the US to get it repaired, so can anyone here suggest anything? Thanks.

I can tell you that I don't have that problem at all. A problem like that would make getting quality footage very difficult. I haven't tuned any of the settings on my EVO II and fly it right out of the box with no issues. Did you try doing an IMU and Compass calibration?

If I was faced with your scenario I would even do a stick calibration; in fact I would do the stick calibration first:

Reactions: UasDriver

@Antoine It's not just your controller the EVO 1 has always been like this even with sensitivity adjusted. Once you pass a certain point on the stick the drone turns quickly. It appears they did not upgrade the EVO 2 controller either. I have been flying the EVO since it came out a few years ago. I also fly another brand that this is not a problem with it.
To do a smooth slow yaw I have found that using my thumb at the base of the stick and applying minimal pressure and holding it in place it will control the drone and it will yaw as I want it to. Takes a bit of getting used to but it can be done. Attached is a video I did testing manual yaw. tilts and POI.

Thank you for those very helpful replies. My own guess is that my Evo 1 isn't faulty, as the yaw is OK in the Precise setting. It looks as though I'm just going to have to practise being as delicate as possible when using the left-hand stick.

Reactions: jcommstudios
EXP Settings - lower settings ie. .20 will start slow then dramatically increase. It is a combination of EXP Yaw settings with sensitivity. Play around and I am sure after several attempts it will be perfect for your desired speed. Actually curve rates are expressed on the screen. X and Y Settings. More straight line is consistent than a curved line slow at first then it ramps up. Let me know if that works please.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials