Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

XSP goes 60mph in reverse!

Marcle

Reaction score
Today I went down to my son's college to get some footage for him for a school project. Flying by a bridge over the river, there were some wind gusts but I hovered for a few minutes and it seemed able to handle them. Just the usual back and forth I get on windy days. I was filming for about 5-6 minutes and turned to come back toward me. I still had over 65% battery left. I'm watching the camera and to my horror, despite full throttle, it was getting farther and farther from the bridge. I tried altitude, I tried return to home but in a matter of seconds it had lost connection over the river. I have no idea what happened to it since it hit so quickly and pushed it out of visual range. I fear my orange pumpkin is no more. I looked at the flight data and despite my flying at full throttle towards me, it was traveling at over 60mph in the other direction! I know the winds aloft are usually stronger than at ground level but the difference would have been over 90mph! I am super bummed about losing my beloved XSP. I can only assume it ended up in the river, or over a large forested area in Illinois. It will be a while until I can afford to replace it (or I might just have to find a different aircraft since they seem few and far between). If you guys can keep an eye out if someone is looking to sell one, I would like to hear about it. I don't need much in the way of accessories so mainly just the aircraft. If I can't find one down the road, I may have some extra parts for sale in the future. Bummer day to be sure. :(

That happened to me twice. Check log map’s last known position. If it crashed, it will tell you where within 50’. 1st time not only was it flying away from me, but it was flying over rough ocean about 2 miles up the coast—all cliffs. I’m sure it was 44mph, the max speed, but it looked like 100mph. I hit the RTH button repeatedly. Finally, it responded to the command and came home, amazingly. I had no idea where it was, I saw the map in the log later. Being a newbie idiot, I thought I did something wrong, flew it again, same thing happened over a different coastal area. It was gone, although the App said it landed successfully somewhere. I went searching using the log map. I finally found a woman who found it outside kitchen window in garden. Scared the %#*^ out of her. My XSP was only 3 months old, so I contacted Autel. They said it was a faulty compass module, fixed it for free, never had an issue like that since....

Last edited:
Reactions: xspwhite and Ansia
That happened to me twice. Check log map’s last known position. If it crashed, it will tell you where within 50’. 1st time not only was it flying away from me, but it was flying over rough ocean about 2 miles up the coast—all cliffs. I’m sure it was 44mph, the max speed, but it looked like 100mph. I hit the RTH button repeatedly. Finally, it responded to the command and came home, amazingly. I had no idea where it was, I saw the map in the log later. Being a newbie idiot, I thought I did something wrong, flew it again, same thing happened over a different coastal area. It was gone, although the App said it landed successfully somewhere. I went searching using the log map. I finally found a woman who found it outside kitchen window in garden. Scared the %#*^ out of her. My XSP was only 3 months old, so I contacted Autel. They said it was a faulty compass module, fixed it for free, never had an issue like that since....
LOL..

Today I went down to my son's college to get some footage for him for a school project. Flying by a bridge over the river, there were some wind gusts but I hovered for a few minutes and it seemed able to handle them. Just the usual back and forth I get on windy days. I was filming for about 5-6 minutes and turned to come back toward me. I still had over 65% battery left. I'm watching the camera and to my horror, despite full throttle, it was getting farther and farther from the bridge. I tried altitude, I tried return to home but in a matter of seconds it had lost connection over the river. I have no idea what happened to it since it hit so quickly and pushed it out of visual range. I fear my orange pumpkin is no more. I looked at the flight data and despite my flying at full throttle towards me, it was traveling at over 60mph in the other direction! I know the winds aloft are usually stronger than at ground level but the difference would have been over 90mph! I am super bummed about losing my beloved XSP. I can only assume it ended up in the river, or over a large forested area in Illinois. It will be a while until I can afford to replace it (or I might just have to find a different aircraft since they seem few and far between). If you guys can keep an eye out if someone is looking to sell one, I would like to hear about it. I don't need much in the way of accessories so mainly just the aircraft. If I can't find one down the road, I may have some extra parts for sale in the future. Bummer day to be sure. :(
The only thing you can do in a situation like this is bring it down as low as possible.

The only thing you can do in a situation like this is bring it down as low as possible.
It didn’t respond to any commands. The 1st time it finally responded to RTH after many attempts, the 2nd time, it didn’t, flew north (same direction as the 1st time), until battery ran down. The App said “landing now”, but I had no idea where. Rural area, not many houses. The house where it ended-up was right on a 20’ sea cliff, so I guess it’s true that sensors won’t allow it to land on water—which was rolling rough waves, unless there is zero battery left...

Reactions: xspwhite
:) Now you got me looking where I saw that....After you make as many mistakes as I initially made, you give-up your manhood and actually sit down and read the manual ;). After reading this, I tried to land in a big puddle of shallow water on my driveway. It just wouldn’t do it, hovering around like it was confused. 4233

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Yeah, unfortunately it lost contact right in the middle of the Mississippi River. It was nearer to the Illinois side. Can anyone tell me how to send the flight log to Autel from an iPad? I just want to see if they can figure out what the problem was.

Yeah, unfortunately it lost contact right in the middle of the Mississippi River. It was nearer to the Illinois side. Can anyone tell me how to send the flight log to Autel from an iPad? I just want to see if they can figure out what the problem was.
I’d call Autel CS, they will open a ticket, walk you through it, formalize the tragic event...

Reactions: Marcle
I’d call Autel CS, they will open a ticket, walk you through it, formalize the tragic event...
I sent them an email and they opened a ticket on it. I'll let you know the verdict after I hear from them. I'm sure it's my own fault, waking up this morning laying in bed thinking about it, I didn't (and should have) calibrate the compass.?

I have a complete XPS that I would like to sell and will accept any reasonable offer.

I have one for sale
Have an XsP for sale

Yes, I have an XPS for sale. It's a complete kit with 2 batteries and is near perfect. I will accept any reasonable offer.

If you can message me the details of what you all have and a bottom line offer, I definitely might be interested. Thanks!
This is the complete kit with 2 batteries which includes everything that it came with new plus a 7" Galaxy Tab and USB cable.I would like $400.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials