Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Wreck near home today

I submit a lot of my photos to our local paper. Got permission to fly from the CHP officer on site.

Permission from the trooper or not, isn't one of the FAA regulations to not fly over or near emergency scenes? Not to be the drone police here but.......

I dont think its that specific..i would say interfere?..or impede?..especially if there were any rescue aircraft...this was a clean up operation...no one was hurt..I know the wrecker drivers and cal Trans guys..

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyUrtu
This from first glance doesn’t appear to be an “emergency” scene rather an extraction scene the day after the accident. There are no lane closures or law enforcement blockages.

Lucky the trailer was empty the truck was totaled!
Did he call asleep or have a medical condition?
I would suggest letting the scene play out. There is just a little too much moving and adjusting of the camera position. Find a good angle and let go. Find another angle and let go. Repeat. stop recording until you get your position the way you want it. You’ll have less to deal with in the edit this way too. I understand news events unfold quickly so if you have to keep recording that’s fine, but just be aware that every time you move the camera you distract from the scene. Unless you are following the action and in that case the action on screen hides the camera movement, making it a natural response to the on scene action.

I’m sorry if I sound like a know it all, I just felt like the camera was being adjusted too much in this clip.

This from first glance doesn’t appear to be an “emergency” scene rather an extraction scene the day after the accident. There are no lane closures or law enforcement blockages.
correct
I would suggest letting the scene play out. There is just a little too much moving and adjusting of the camera position. Find a good angle and let go. Find another angle and let go. Repeat. stop recording until you get your position the way you want it. You’ll have less to deal with in the edit this way too. I understand news events unfold quickly so if you have to keep recording that’s fine, but just be aware that every time you move the camera you distract from the scene. Unless you are following the action and in that case the action on screen hides the camera movement, making it a natural response to the on scene action.

I’m sorry if I sound like a know it all, I just felt like the camera was being adjusted too much in this clip.
Its was damn cold! LOL...I was trying more for a photo than a video...just shared the video for the heck of it..

correct

Its was damn cold! LOL...I was trying more for a photo than a video...just shared the video for the heck of it..
I feel your pain. I was out a few weeks ago in 17 degree weather. Creativity was not the first thing on my mind. It was more like, get the shot and get back in the car. Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: gasquetmike
Permission from the trooper or not, isn't one of the FAA regulations to not fly over or near emergency scenes? Not to be the drone police here but.......
One would pass out if they seen my accident video. :) Although I stayed well out of harms way. :):):)

• Haha
Reactions: gasquetmike

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall@DRONE