Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Wobbely Evo

Eric Rosén

Reaction score
My EVO moves around quite a bit. Very hard to pull of great shots with all this wobble going on.
Could I be damaged propellers that is causeing this? Or something else?

Also you may be in ATTI mode because you're inside. Take it outside and try.

Also you may be in ATTI mode because you're inside. Take it outside and try.
Hi!
Thanks for your reply. The issue persists outside. I´ve flewn in many places, no wind, and the drone just wont stop wobble around..
I do have a scratched propeller on one leg, which ofc is intact in every way, but still scratched. I wonder if it´s that proppeller thats causing this issue.

Here is a outdoor video:

It seems pretty stable to me. Did you try recalibrating it and possibly turning OA off (I hear a lot of beeping)? Is the firmware up to date? A scratched prop would probably not do anything bad unless its really badly scratched. Try another prop.

Actually a scratch propeller can unbalance a drone enough to make it unstable, because it always is trying to compensate for it. Try replacing that propeller.
Right but it has to be enough to deter air or unbalance the prop. That would usually be a pretty good dig into it and not just a little scratch. You can usually just sand it lightly to smoothen it out so it don't deter air but it shouldn't make a big difference. I balance all my props.

It seems pretty stable to me. Did you try recalibrating it and possibly turning OA off (I hear a lot of beeping)? Is the firmware up to date? A scratched prop would probably not do anything bad unless its really badly scratched. Try another prop.
The air is still. 0 wind.
U still think it´s stable?

That's just a thought. Try some of the things mentioned above. Like Ansia said, try new props/prop. Re-calibrate it. Update the firmware. Turn OA off? What was all that beeping in the outside video?

Is there a shooting range nearby...or someone hitting the heavy bag ?

That's just a thought. Try some of the things mentioned above. Like Ansia said, try new props/prop. Re-calibrate it. Update the firmware. Turn OA off? What was all that beeping in the outside video?
The beeping sounds is the OA sensors indicating the drone is close to an obstacle.

Reactions: Tufargon
outdoor video,
I tried recording a video of my Evo indoors. It behaved just like yours, until it tried to attack me (OA sensors pushed the drone towards me). I will try tomorrow outside, since it's dark now and you won't get to see it.

I edited out the Evo attacking me part. My props don't have a scratch on them. As you can see, the prop wash has it wobbling all over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eric Rosén
I tried recording a video of my Evo indoors. It behaved just like yours, until it tried to attack me (OA sensors pushed the drone towards me). I will try tomorrow outside, since it's dark now and you won't get to see it.

I edited out the Evo attacking me part. My props don't have a scratch on them. As you can see, the prop wash has it wobbling all over.

Did you manage to grab a video of your EVO outside?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials