Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Wildlife Photography

LOL! I was stationed @ Pearl Harbor aboard ship in the early 60's so I didn't get involved in that kind of stuff. I've heard that some folks are cutting up towels into small pieces & after they are used, the towels can be tossed into the washing machine to be used over again. ???
Interesting & funny how people react to all this BS - Thankx!
~
Yep, it's a crisis all it's own. One way we all could contribute to the shortage is just to skip one day of pooping per week! That would go along way in WIPING out the shortage. Gosh, at my age I already skip one or two days a week anyway.....:rolleyes:

I don't do much wildlife photography, so I was super excited to get these shots. They're thought to be nearly extinct. Over-hunting has had the biggest impact on their numbers. They like to travel in packs of 2, 4, 6, 8, and up, so seeing this one out solo says something about how seriously they've been affected. I'm just glad I had my zoom.

View attachment 6485
So not sure what happened to these but I found two in my backyard that were just withered away & used up!! Maybe it was the roundup I used to kill the weeds??

Attachments

• 12C7A6A1-A54D-40CD-A5CD-1B820DE8BAC7.jpeg
    12C7A6A1-A54D-40CD-A5CD-1B820DE8BAC7.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 12
  • F532FF3F-C4DB-413E-A2DA-474B3DF530D0.jpeg
    F532FF3F-C4DB-413E-A2DA-474B3DF530D0.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 12
So not sure what happened to these but I found two in my backyard that were just withered away & used up!! Maybe it was the roundup I used to kill the weeds??
I would be careful of where your step in you backyard. You know those pesky critters can set traps where you least expect them.

I was out in the wilds of my backyard today, beyond the snake fence, when I saw something move that scared the ever-lovin’ crap out of me b/c it was so big. It was another Owl, hobbled with a bad leg and/or wing. I only had my iPhone, so you can see how close he was...Gorgeous birds, but I felt helpless to do anything. If he could fly, he wouldn’t be on the ground, would he?? Bummed me out since I’ve had so many pose for me in tress lately. :(

F46389A2-33C7-49D6-8515-24111A74DB10.jpeg

I was out in the wilds of my backyard today, beyond the snake fence, when I saw something move that scared the ever-lovin’ crap out of me b/c it was so big. It was another Owl, hobbled with a bad leg and/or wing. I only had my iPhone, so you can see how close he was...Gorgeous birds, but I felt helpless to do anything. If he could fly, he wouldn’t be on the ground, would he?? Bummed me out since I’ve had so many pose for me in tress lately. :(

View attachment 6827

Mother natures way of thining the heard. I guess you could have captured him\her but then what? Any bird people around you to look after it till it recovers?

Mother natures way of thining the heard. I guess you could have captured him\her but then what? Any bird people around you to look after it till it recovers?
Good idea, I’ll look online. After my wife saw it, she thinks he’s young, maybe kicked-out of the nest for smoking dope or something.... Still, if a bobcat sees him before he figures out flying, he won’t be hooting for long...

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I would be careful of where your step in you backyard. You know those pesky critters can set traps where you least expect them.
OMG that took me about 30sec before I got it!! That was funny. Thx I needed that!!

We had a local bird/animal guy in Scottsdale we'd call and he'd come pick them up and help them then release them in a good place. I'm sure there would be someone local. You'd have to capture it first and if you do I'd recommend welding gloves!! That's what I used on the last owl we caught here.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I found somebody pretty fast by a web search. Lots of wildlife around here, so it was easier than I thought I’d be. He came over within the hour. He told me not to catch him, just watch him. Owl wasn’t going anywhere, I was watching for coyotes & bobcats.
He wasn’t hard to catch (guy knew what he was doing), and he was sure he could nurse him back. Too cool!! Thanks for the idea, Ag...

I found somebody pretty fast by a web search. Lots of wildlife around here, so it was easier than I thought I’d be. He came over within the hour. He told me not to catch him, just watch him. Owl wasn’t going anywhere, I was watching for coyotes & bobcats.
He wasn’t hard to catch (guy knew what he was doing), and he was sure he could nurse him back. Too cool!! Thanks for the idea, Ag...
Wow! Good to hear!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials