Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Why Are Date and Time Not Correct for Video Files on my Mac?

Sunny Skies

Reaction score
I have an Autel Evo 2 Pro 6k.
When I shoot video and then download the files using Adobe Lightroom, the video files end up with a date/time stamp that is 1/1/04 12:00AM.
The same happened when copying the video file in Mac Finder.

It's useful to me to know the date and time of video files that I shoot.

Can anyone suggest a workflow where the date/time will end up on my Mac?

I usually import stills and video through Adobe Lightroom CC and then edit video with Adobe Premiere CC.

When I shoot video and then download the files using Adobe Lightroom, the video files end up with a date/time stamp that is 1/1/04 12:00AM.

I usually import stills and video through Adobe Lightroom CC and then edit video with Adobe Premiere CC.

They all seem to do that, I completely ignore the date/time stamps in the drone footage. When I work a project I add the date, type of footage, and brief location into the file name. I then use metatags to really identify the footage so that when I add it to my stock footage library I can easily find it later. So for example a sample file name from a project today that was aerial video would be:

File Name
Project-03292021-AV-TampaDowntown.MOV

Metatags
2021;4K;30FPS;Daylight;Aerial Video;Orbit;Tampa;Downtown;Spring Break;EVO II 6K

Five years from now it would take me seconds to find a drone orbit aerial video clip from 2021 that I shot with the EVO II in downtown Tampa of a spring break party.

I have the same concern. Is it the meta data in the files, or is it the way Lightroom reads it? In any case I'm looking for a fix.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller