Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What happened to customer service?

ORANGE CRUSH

Reaction score
I've been waiting on a resolve to a warranty issue for 16 days now, what happened to Autels customer service? They use to be on top of things! Are they short staffed or just don't care anymore? Just sad to see the potential that they had go down the drain, kinda of a corporate America attitude towards customer service if I may say!!

Customer service? For a $2K drone? You must be be new here :)
What's crazy is the swappable 6k camera/gimbal is selling for almost $900 but the entire drone plus a battery, charger, and controller is $1200 right now. If I didn't already have a second E2P I'd get one now rather than consider the new Air 2S.

Reactions: gschulzuio
What's crazy is the swappable 6k camera/gimbal is selling for almost $900 but the entire drone plus a battery, charger, and controller is $1200 right now. If I didn't already have a second E2P I'd get one now rather than consider the new Air 2S.

That's a good deal....I wonder if a new EVO is coming out and they are dropping the price to get rid of inventory.

That's a good deal....I wonder if a new EVO is coming out and they are dropping the price to get rid of inventory.
Everyone is wondering why the big price drop. The Evo 2 has only been out a year if IIRC. A new version just as they get the current one dialed in seems premature to me but who knows at this point.

Have seen Evo II 8K (with camera and controller) selling for around $900, thinking of picking one up as a backup, spare for my E2P. When you look at the price of the E2P or E28K and sale price, that puts it into a competition with new DJI Air2/etc, as well as directly with Skydio.

Reactions: Eagle928
I've been waiting on a resolve to a warranty issue for 16 days now, what happened to Autels customer service? They use to be on top of things! Are they short staffed or just don't care anymore? Just sad to see the potential that they had go down the drain, kinda of a corporate America attitude towards customer service if I may say!!
I contacted customer service last night and this morning they replied. After some back and forth it was determined my E2P is now a parts drone only. Bad sensor and bad gimbal made the repair cost prohibitive. I'm taking responsibility for this one. It's not on Autel. I am wrestling with getting another one even though I already have a second one in good shape. I like having a backup and I do like these drones better than the DJI drones I have. Especially now that I have learned how to get the most out of them.

One other option might be to get the Air 2S with the 1" sensor. Still mulling it over. I guess I have a couple of days before the prices go back up on the E2's.

I contacted customer service last night and this morning they replied. After some back and forth it was determined my E2P is now a parts drone only. Bad sensor and bad gimbal made the repair cost prohibitive. I'm taking responsibility for this one. It's not on Autel. I am wrestling with getting another one even though I already have a second one in good shape. I like having a backup and I do like these drones better than the DJI drones I have. Especially now that I have learned how to get the most out of them.

One other option might be to get the Air 2S with the 1" sensor. Still mulling it over. I guess I have a couple of days before the prices go back up on the E2's.
So I just sent my drone in for repair and they said the same thing about it being more expensive to repair than the cost of a new one. Which seemed odd to me. I wonder how many people they are making this decision with....

Reactions: Eagle928
So I just sent my drone in for repair and they said the same thing about it being more expensive to repair than the cost of a new one. Which seemed odd to me. I wonder how many people they are making this decision with....
I made the decision it was cost prohibitive with the current sale going on. Not Autel customer service. They wanted me to send it in. I can say it was like pulling an awake lion's tooth to get them to give me an estimate on known repairs. With any other business its practically a given to give an estimate on known repairs. If there was no particular repair known until evaluated I can understand not being able to give an estimate.

Another thing I learned is Autel does not warranty drones sold through non-authorized ebay sellers. I had no expectation of this being under warranty but it was still news to me.

I almost bought an Air 2S but decided I really like the camera and lack of geofencing on the E2P so I bought another one.

Edit: I changed my mind and cancelled the E2P and ordered the A2S w/fly more.

I do hope I can find a new camera/gimbal for the broken bird at a good price. Even an 8K would salvage this bird. I sourced a new sensor for the front ($168) so I will likely swap that out myself soon with the hope of finding a new cam one day.

Second Edit: An IMU and a couple of gimbal calibrations seem to have fixed the gimbal on this E2P. I will regulate this drone to backup status. I still have the front sensor issue and could not get it to calibrate this time. When I can I will order the sensors and fix it.

Last edited:
I agree. They take weeks, just to give you the ok to send the drone in for repair. They want pics, they want flight records, they want a detailed accident description, etc etc. Then they need permission from their bosses to let you send it in. This takes them over 2 weeks ! I STILL LOVE THE DRONE THOUGH !

Autel needs to learn from B & H how to give top notch customers service !
I have two Autel EVO2 Pro in need of help under warranty but Autel Customer Service don't even bother to answer back in the hope the warranty will soon Expire ! Shame on you Autel, high time some of your Goofys need to be fired so they can help DJI go out of business, in stead !

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials