Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What did I learn about Autel

f33dback

Reaction score
I learned their drones are terrible, take for example my purchased of a Evo 2 Pro V3, it simply will not level the horizon, multiple firmware updates, multiple calibration, even if you adjust it to level in flight as soon as you turn it goes lopsided.

I see that this has been an issue for YEARS.... wow, what a terrible company and zero support, I wait online multiple days and they just auto hang up and say "leave a msg", no one ever calls back, 2 days on email and nothing.

I don't see how they are still in business.

I have had 4 of them and have not had a horizon issue...

Do you have a screenshot of the horizon issue? Did you complete a cold IMU calibration and a compass calibration far from any metal?

I see you just joined the forum, did you search for helpful content yet?
Done all that, I'm convinced it isn't a software or firmware problem, it's the gimbal its self that is dysfunctional.
What does a compass have to do with the gimbal?

The gimbal responds to the motion sensors and the IMU and Compass feed various positioning data to the gimbal for adjustments.

Do you have a shot or a video of the horizon tilt issue you can share?

Reactions: Theborg and rcee
When y0u did your compass and IMU calibration, was the drone absolutely level?

I learned their drones are terrible, take for example my purchased of a Evo 2 Pro V3, it simply will not level the horizon, multiple firmware updates, multiple calibration, even if you adjust it to level in flight as soon as you turn it goes lopsided.

I see that this has been an issue for YEARS.... wow, what a terrible company and zero support, I wait online multiple days and they just auto hang up and say "leave a msg", no one ever calls back, 2 days on email and nothing.

Sadly I've shared many of these same experiences with Autel since the purchase of my V3. I have been fortunate enough to find solutions on my own or at least work-arounds. I still have a Mavic and a Phantom for back-ups but the video and still photos are inferior to the Autel EVO Pro ll V3 and the geofencing often prevents the mission (I record and photograph waterfront property and DJI has it all fenced off.) So I'm working with what I have and hoping that once the dust settles on all the (too damn many) simultaneous product releases Autel Robotics will refocus on their customer and again provide the experience that I enjoyed with my first Autel Robotics EVO ll V1.

We have been using the Evo 2Pro since it was released. Never have had your problem. Have you tried….
Autel pilot. Com. 323-457-8808 Eric at. [email protected]

Let me fill you in on some more about Autel, this drone will not hold position in the sky, if you want to do a time lapse of a sunset the drone will turn as it takes picture, even after all the IMU/compass calibration it still fishbowls away, in addition you can't get a smooth yaw on this no matter how low you turn the rates.

It was advertised as having a 40 minute flight time, brand new battery fully charged 33 minutes it says on the controller, and it flies even less than the 33 minutes.

Autel is nothing but lies, and I don't really care how yours flies, mine doesn't work at all.... autel makes garbage.

I am now on my second week trying to get my money back, these people are theives to boot as I still haven't gotten an RMA or anything telling me how to get m money back.

How is this company still in business?

We have been using the Evo 2Pro since it was released. Never have had your problem. Have you tried….
Autel pilot. Com. 323-457-8808 Eric at. [email protected]
Yep, never got back to me, or rather got back to me trying to exchange the drone but I haven't heard from them since... I imagine they are waiting for the return period to go by.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller